• E3 2016: June 14-16

E3 2016 takes place June 14-16, but developer and game information begins this weekend even outside of E3. Sunday, EA and Bethesda hold their press conferences with Microsoft, Ubisoft, and Sony kicking off E3 on Monday.

What games or possible reveals are you hoping to hear more of this week? Post your hopes and thoughts on the event(s) in the comments below with the community.

There may no television coverage of the event, but you can catch them all via livestreams. Continue on for a schedule of events and links to streams.

Sunday

12 PM ET - YouTube Live
    4 PM ET - EA Play
    10 PM ET - Bethesda
    11:30 PM ET - Twitch

Monday

12 PM ET - YouTube Live
    12 PM ET - Twitch
    12:30 PM ET - Microsoft
    2 PM ET - PC Gaming Show
    4 PM ET - Ubisoft
    9 PM ET - Sony

Tuesday

12 PM ET - Nintendo Treehouse Live
    1:30 PM ET - Twitch

Wednesday

1 PM ET - Nintendo Treehouse Live

Thursday

Media Coverage/Hubs:

bdoughty:

With the Xbox announcement things got a whole lot more interesting.

Things I am hoping to see, that have not been confirmed.

A Tennis Game
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Borderlands 3
    This article was originally published in forum thread: E3 Thread - June 14-16, 2016 started by bdoughty View original post
    Comments 294 Comments
      SmoothPancakes -
      Watch Dogs 2 Collector's Edition comes with a robot. I'll have to find more details about it.

Gold Collector's Edition comes with an actual app enabled robot.

SmoothPancakes -
      What should be the final game of the presser, a new IP, Steep.

An apparent mix of action sports and a completely open world. Supposedly a "new genre".

Looks like game with skiing, snowboarding, skydiving, wingsuits, paragliding, a whole bunch of stuff. Seems like something like SSX on uber-roids.

bdoughty -
      I would have been like wowzers Xbox One S for $299, sold! Then Scorpio happened. So I will wait.
      SmoothPancakes -
      LMAO! Some guy gliding in a wingsuit went head first into a bell in a church steeple.
      bdoughty -
      Someone better announce a *&*%&*^#*$&*#&$&@# Tennis game.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Steep ships this December.

I have to be honest, I've never been big into the kinds of games like SSX and whatnot, but Steep looks fun! Especially since you can do a massive amount of stuff, skiing, snowboarding, paragliding, gliding in wingsuits, and you can do it in a open world with random players, randomly coming across other people during your trips down the mountains. It honestly looks like they took the basis behind SSX and pumped about every fucking steroid in the world into it and threw it into an open world engine.

I'm gonna have to remember Steep coming this winter, I may have to pick it up.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      Someone better announce a *&*%&*^#*$&*#&$&@# Tennis game.
      Sony is your only hope. Ubisoft is pretty much wrapping it up now.
      bdoughty -
      While Sega does not have a conference, they could still bring out a new Virtua Tennis. Hell just reboot the original VT from the Dreamcast. I would even take Sonic vs Knuckles Tennis at this point.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Post conference question/answer session.

Just Dance 2017 will have over 40 new songs.

Trials of the Blood Dragon will have the vibe of an early 90s Saturday morning cartoon.

For Honor will be out Valentine's Day 2017. The factions are Knights, Vikings and Samurai. You get to play as all three factions in the campaign. You'll play them in a certain sequence, and delve into the culture of each and find out what they're fighting for. Same factions in multiplayer, same characters.

Reflection is still behind Grow Up. It's pretty much a sequel of Grow Home with Bud essentially getting out from under the watchful eye of Mother, and getting out and exploring and having fun.

The eagle game (can't recall the title off head) is 100% VR, you control solely with your head.

Ghost Recon, you're basically fighting the Santa Blanca cartel, run by El Sueno, who has taken over all of Columbia. You're gradually working through the low level guys and working up the chains of the cartel to eventually be able to locate and go after El Sueno himself.

The Division Underground, all of the enemies that you've seen before are what you'll see, but new toys, new tricks to change up the experience. Still saying that you'll have a different experience every time, it's not going to be something like a hard scripted thing similar to the above ground missions. I guess we'll see if that ends up being the case.

And that was it before Aisha was apparently told they were out of time for more questions.
      SmoothPancakes -
      And that is a wrap for Ubisoft. I'm pretty sure I was able to go back and get videos for everything editing into the posts. Ubisoft after was pretty good with already having trailers and gameplay videos on YouTube as many as 3-5 minutes ahead of the actual discussion in the press conference.

And now that just leaves Sony at 9pm EDT.
      bdoughty -
      Sony to announce 7 teraflops, making it the new most powerful console in the world.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      Sony to announce 7 teraflops, making it the new most powerful console in the world.
      Sounds like they're focusing on games and not even bringing it up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      And that is a wrap for Ubisoft. I'm pretty sure I was able to go back and get videos for everything editing into the posts. Ubisoft after was pretty good with already having trailers and gameplay videos on YouTube as many as 3-5 minutes ahead of the actual discussion in the press conference.

And now that just leaves Sony at 9pm EDT.
      Thanks for the updates!

Rudy -
      Am interested in For Honor but worried about it getting repetitive. Will wait for impressions. Ghost Recon is something my son is looking forward to.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Thanks for the updates!

Not a problem! I figured I was already going to be watching, so it's easy to post about it as stuff is happening.

And just an additional note I missed, for those buying South Park: The Fractured But Whole, you get a free copy of a remastered The Stick of Truth with it!

If you preorder the game, you can start playing the Sticknof Truth for free today!

JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Not a problem! I figured I was already going to be watching, so it's easy to post about it as stuff is happening.

And just an additional note I missed, for those preordering South Park: The Fractured But Whole, you get a free copy of a remastered The Stick of Truth with it!

We're heading to the theatre now.

SmoothPancakes -
      Ubisoft finally uploaded the video from the whole South Park segment, so I edited that into the original post instead of the two videos I had from a random YouTube account. It includes the entire on stage stuff with Trey and Matt.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Just about time for Sony to start.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Jesus, Sony has an entire goddamn orchestra.
      SmoothPancakes -
      I have absolutely no idea what the hell this is supposed to be leading up to in terms of any games or other stuff. It's like Sony just said "fuck it, lets just open with an entire orchestra performing just because we can!"