• EA SPORTS UFC 2 - Official Gameplay Trailer & Release Date

The official gameplay trailer for EA SPORTS UFC 2 has been unveiled and provides an in-game look at some of the biggest moments in the UFC recently.

The trailer also announced the game's release date of March 15, 2016. Pre-orders will receive three fighters: UFC Hall of Famer and three-time King of Pancrase, Bas Rutten; and Japanese MMA legend, “The Gracie Hunter” Kazushi Sakuraba, with an additional mystery fighter who will be named later.

Continue on to view the trailer and read the press release from EA SPORTS, then share your thoughts on the trailer with the TGT community.

Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) today announced EA SPORTS™ UFC® 2 launches on March 15, 2016 in North America, and March 17, 2016 worldwide. In addition to the announcement, EA released a cinematic trailer for EA SPORTS UFC 2 featuring some of the biggest moments from recent bouts, showcasing authentic gameplay features, and highlighting new character visuals and signature animations. The trailer opens on EA SPORTS UFC 2 cover athlete and UFC® featherweight champion, Conor McGregor showing fans the all-new Knockout Physics System in his championship fight at UFC® 194. From there, fans will see Dynamic Grappling, and Next-Level Submissions while reliving some of the heart-stopping moments from recent fights, and speculating what could happen in upcoming contests. Watch the trailer here.

“Whether fans want to play upcoming cards, recreate the outcome of recent fights, or go back to fight with MMA legends, we’ll help them do that in the most authentic and exciting way ever in an MMA simulation,” said Brian Hayes, Creative Director. “Our first two pre-order fighters, Bas Rutten and Kazushi Sakuraba are perfect additions to what is already the biggest roster ever for an official UFC game. Adding them is huge, and fans are going to go nuts when we reveal who the mystery fighter is. I can’t wait.”

Fans excited to step into the Octagon® can pre-order EA SPORTS UFC 2 and get day one access to two legendary fighters: UFC Hall of Famer and three-time King of Pancrase, Bas Rutten; and Japanese MMA legend, “The Gracie Hunter” Kazushi Sakuraba, with an additional mystery fighter who will be named later.*
    This article was originally published in forum thread: EA SPORTS UFC 2 - Official Gameplay Trailer started by cdj View original post
    Comments 12 Comments
      cdj -
      Another gameplay video coming tomorrow as part of their gameplay series.

Here is a look at Phil Brooks aka CM Punk:

JBHuskers -
      Nice, even though he hasn't fought a single fight yet
      JBHuskers -
      I heard he's rated an 85 too!
      cdj -
      There's supposedly 200+ fighters on the roster in the game, so they must have lots of new, inexperienced fighters as well as legends.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      There's supposedly 200+ fighters on the roster in the game, so they must have lots of new, inexperienced fighters as well as legends.
      I bet there is going to be a great fighter at 89 where Punk is at 85.
      JBHuskers -
      :d

cdj -
      From the game's creative director:

steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      I heard he's rated an 85 too!
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      From the game's creative director:
      Waiting for the JB

cdj -
      The mystery fighter will be revealed tomorrow.

Community speculation centers on it being Mike Tyson.

Hank -
      I’m not a huge UFC/MMA guy but I do keep one eye on the sport.
      I’m definitely a casual fan who’s interest gets piqued if/when a big name is fighting, but beyond that, I’m not rushing to buy every PPV or purchase MMA magazines.
      However, I may buy UFC 2. I’m looking for something different and the career mode has been upgraded to a level where I think I’d have fun.

I’m weary of trying something out of my comfort zone but over the last few years I’ve gotten lucky when doing so (NBA2K, Mad Max, Sleeping Dogs…).
      So I’m hoping UFC won’t be a waste of money.
      The only reason I may not jump on board right away is because I have The Division coming at the same time.
      I’ve got the Beta Code for that so I guess if I don’t like it, I’ll just cancel and put that money towards UFC 2.
      cdj -
      I didn't watch their stream today, but supposedly EA stated Punk will be the lowest rated fighter in the game at launch, but I don't think they gave his rating.
      Hank -
      Everyone loses their minds over the ratings. Even if he's an 81 or 85 - without having one career fight - I'm more interested in seeing what his individual ratings are, as well as his skill set.
      An OS member, who attended the Community Event, also stated that due to contractual obligations, the UFC won't allow for their fighters to be rated below a certain threshold - similar to the NHL games.
      So EA has their hands tied in a way.
      In the end, even if he's an 85, if his other skills are weak, and he's missing a slew of disciplines which makes him a very weak fighter, then who cares?
      It's all relative.

But I will be upset if he can hang with Jon Jones and the like.