Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: steelerfan's NCAA Football 13 Sliders

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    You have to remember that 9 of their 41 rushes are those sacks. When you face a scrambling QB, this will happen. I think Robinson had 21 carries. It just sucks that I can't keep from sacking him so much because he always looks to run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah there is no work around for the stupid CPU scrambling QB scrambling right into the pass rush. It is what it is.

I think I'm getting the hang of the WCO, I tried these sliders in my offline dynasty.

Total offense: 544 yards
    Rushing, yards, TD 46-264-5
    Passing Comp, att, TD 22-27-1
    Passing yards 280
    3rd down conversion 8-12

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    I think I'm getting the hang of the WCO, I tried these sliders in my offline dynasty.

Total offense: 544 yards
    Rushing, yards, TD 46-264-5
    Passing Comp, att, TD 22-27-1
    Passing yards 280
    3rd down conversion 8-12
    What was the match up?

Hi All,
    I've never really played much with sliders and usually play on the All-American level. This year i added these sliders and decided to start a dynasty with UMass on Heisman. I seem to be getting my backside handed to me in a major way. UConn hung about 70 on me and my closest game was a 54-46 loss to Miami of Ohio. On the other levels i usually light up the CPU but my defense is like swiss cheese on Heisman. Is UMass that bad or is this level just that hard!

Also, my last game against Miami, 13 holding penalties and every one on a kickoff return or punt return.

Hey Vinny.

UMass is awful, first of all. Try playing a game with a good team and see if the results are better for you. If not, these sliders are not for you.

As for the holding calls, if you cut back or change directions, alot on returns, you will get flagged. Watch the replays and you'll see that your blockers who are between yourself and the defenders will hold because they are no longer shielding the defense from you.

I think i may try a better team, and yes, UMass is terrible. I was just getting hammered so bad by a B grade Ohio U team that i shut it off. I can't stop a pass or the run with UMass. Or maybe i'm just getting too old and the reflexes aren't what they used to be!

Also, only one hold on me in 3 1/2 qtrs this game so maybe last week was a fluke. But i do tend to make a few moves on KR.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Pizza View Post
    I think i may try a better team, and yes, UMass is terrible. I was just getting hammered so bad by a B grade Ohio U team that i shut it off. I can't stop a pass or the run with UMass. Or maybe i'm just getting too old and the reflexes aren't what they used to be!

Also, only one hold on me in 3 1/2 qtrs this game so maybe last week was a fluke. But i do tend to make a few moves on KR.
    Play another D-rated school in Exhibition (Play Now) mode and see how that goes

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Play another D-rated school in Exhibition (Play Now) mode and see how that goes
    I thought sliders only tested best in Dynasty mode???

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Death View Post
    I thought sliders only tested best in Dynasty mode???
    Why would a dynasty game be different then a play now game?

Why would a dynasty game be different then a play now game?
    Because EA... never mind. I'm just sharing what I've heard/read/been told for the past few years...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Death View Post
    Because EA... never mind. I'm just sharing what I've heard/read/been told for the past few years...
    Well, I have never heard of that. Maybe it's true. I don't know.

I may just suck! I played as the Miami canes and went against UMass in back to back games and they ended up as barn burners. Even with a B rated Miami I let up about 500 yards passing. We shut down the running game, but the UMass WR's just got open the entire game. Though I will say the feel of the game is realistic when you take out my ineptitude!

Well, I have never heard of that. Maybe it's true. I don't know.
    It's true. The same reason that testing sliders in Dynasty mode games works differently than testing them in Dynasty mode practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    It's true. The same reason that testing sliders in Dynasty mode games works differently than testing them in Dynasty mode practice.
    Really? So if I have the exact same sliders in Dynasty and Play Now, Michigan vs. Ohio St. is gonna play differently in both modes?

I've NEVER bought this argument of sliders playing differently in Play Now v. Dynasty games. Of course games are going to have different outcomes its called variance. However, having played a ton of play now and dynasty games messing with sliders I've seen NOTHING to indicate it changes anything to any statistical significance.

The problem is people hear this then see a slightly different result and think they have stumbled on to something. Play a large enough sample size of games and the variance goes away with a few outliers here and there in both play now and dynasty games.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I've NEVER bought this argument of sliders playing differently in Play Now v. Dynasty games. Of course games are going to have different outcomes its called variance. However, having played a ton of play now and dynasty games messing with sliders I've seen NOTHING to indicate it changes anything to any statistical significance.

The problem is people hear this then see a slightly different result and think they have stumbled on to something. Play a large enough sample size of games and the variance goes away with a few outliers here and there in both play now and dynasty games.
    My thoughts too. However, people are free to believe what they want.

Yeah, if I have 2 identical computers, a program installed on both should work exactly the same.

Steeler, you feeling pretty good about your current set so far? Now that the patch is out (I wasn't even expecting it until at least August 24th), I'm gonna start getting ready to start my Tulsa dynasty. Gonna play a couple games with these and get a feel for them, but if you're feeling good about them so far, that'll good as gold for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Steeler, you feeling pretty good about your current set so far? Now that the patch is out (I wasn't even expecting it until at least August 24th), I'm gonna start getting ready to start my Tulsa dynasty. Gonna play a couple games with these and get a feel for them, but if you're feeling good about them so far, that'll good as gold for me.
    Please understand that I haven't played as much this year as I had at this point last year. That said, I feel pretty good about what I have and I don't see any gaping holes. Any holes that I have seen are unfixable with sliders, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Please understand that I haven't played as much this year as I had at this point last year. That said, I feel pretty good about what I have and I don't see any gaping holes. Any holes that I have seen are unfixable with sliders, imo.

Yeah Steeler's set is pretty solid this year. I'm currently using a slightly modified version but we will see how it looks after today's patch.