Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TGT PS3 OD - NCAA Football 14 Settings & Slider Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Oh, well if we are HC it wouldn't matter I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Aggressive zones slider bug in the gameplay settings. If you sim and press R1 to view, the slider for zones changes to aggressive. Tried it out last night in another OD and it's still occurring.
    Like Escobar said, I don't "think" it happens if you are a HC, so I feel great that we did not go as OC/DC this year. I am very frustrated/disappointed that issue has not been addressed yet (three years in).

It still happens if you're a head coach...just don't sim (and probably watch the plays) on defense.

this will be my first try at OD , could i get some advice from you guys about recruiting ? i am not trying to steal anyone's secrets , just some general advice ! i have a few questions , any chance getting 4 star or higher recruits at army? any advice would be appreciated ! thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by gibo View Post
    this will be my first try at OD , could i get some advice from you guys about recruiting ? i am not trying to steal anyone's secrets , just some general advice ! i have a few questions , any chance getting 4 star or higher recruits at army? any advice would be appreciated ! thanks !
    In NCAA 13, yes. In 14, not sure with the new recruiting system.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    The dude abides.

I played several games with both slider set-ups detailed in this thread. The Operation Sports setup is better IMO. Passing is more difficult in it and running is actually doable. I was constantly getting tackled from behing by DTs and DEs when I ran the ball in Snoop's setup. The 20 speed threshold isn't enough to make up for the reduced RB ability. I do like Snoops penalty setup, as it was nice to see pass interference called on the CPU once.

So in summary, my recommendation/preference:
    - Use Op Sports for Human and CPU sliders
    - Use Snoop's for penalties

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by HANDSWARD View Post
    I played several games with both slider set-ups detailed in this thread. The Operation Sports setup is better IMO. Passing is more difficult in it and running is actually doable. I was constantly getting tackled from behing by DTs and DEs when I ran the ball in Snoop's setup. The 20 speed threshold isn't enough to make up for the reduced RB ability. I do like Snoops penalty setup, as it was nice to see pass interference called on the CPU once.

So in summary, my recommendation/preference:
    - Use Op Sports for Human and CPU sliders
    - Use Snoop's for penalties

Thoughts?
    Snoop has actually abandoned his sliders. We've been testing in Powerhouse and we found that using the updated player ratings' sliders w/ a threshold of 23 gives the best gameplay. I think we should use the penalty set up in this set also, because he found that they affect the cpu ai some, such as when the QB chooses to scramble. Here they are:

Difficulty: Heisman

Quarter Length: 8 minutes.

Speed: Normal

Threshold: 23

Game Play Sliders: User/CPU
    QB Accuracy: 5/5
    Pass Blocking: 45/40
    WR Catching: 30/40
    RB Ability: 60/80
    Run Blocking: 40/50
    Pass Coverage: 55/55
    Interception: 35/45
    Rush Defense: 35/50
    Tackling: 50/50

Special Teams
    FG Power: 45/40
    FG Accuracy: 5/35
    Punt Power: 20/45
    Punt Accuracy: 50/50
    Kickoff Power: 50/45

Penalties
    Offside: 50
    False Start: 50
    Holding: 50
    Face Mask: 55
    OPI: 50
    DPI: 50
    KR/PR Inter: 50
    Clipping: 55
    Int Grounding: 75
    RTP: 54
    RTK: 50

Hey guys , anyone having trouble with practice mode in our OD ? Three straight times the game has froze after the first play !

I haven't tried practice mode...can you set the sliders up and play outside the dynasty?

Typed by thumbs.

Hey guys , anyone having trouble with practice mode in our OD ? Three straight times the game has froze after the first play !
    Yea I've had the same issue in another OD. Might be a custom pb issue. If you make changes to your cpb I probably wouldn't practice with it until the week is advanced. Anyway not sure if that helps but it seems to have worked for me.
    Last edited by Marlowe; 07-23-2013 at 08:36 AM.

I'll usually try to fill out team needs first as far as selecting recruits. Then I'll do a search for all recruits who have me as their top choice and I'll choose the ones I want. Then I'll choose from the ones that have me in their top 5. Then it's just a matter of choosing from the leftovers to pickup or shore up pipelines. Can't say much on point distribution because its all new this year but that's usually the blue print I follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Yea I've had the same issue in another OD. Might be a custom pb issue. If you make changes to your cpb I probably wouldn't practice with it until the week is advanced. Anyway not sure if that helps but it seems to have worked for me.
    ty Marlowe , it is happening when i practice outside the OD also, so I'm not sure what is happening. i will do some research on it! thanks for the info on recruiting, that is similar to the way i set up my board, i used heavy points on my highest overall rank players !
    Last edited by gibo; 07-23-2013 at 06:56 PM.

I feel like something needs to be done with the sliders. As Lafayette, there is no way I should be 2-0, esp over Arkansas, and @#17 Kansas St. Though Im not complaing about my record, im concerned about the realism of the dynasty. After being down to K-State 14-0 quickly, I was pretty much able to do whatever I wanted to do on offense (scored 21 unanswered points) The cpu WR's dropped some passes that might have impacted the game a little, but their offensive play calling became terrible (running back to back screen plays multiple times) Although I am struggling passing the ball like other users seem to be, I could run the ball all game against them. They were averaging 13 yards per rushing attempt on me early and they just seemed to go away from it which I dont understand.

IMO, raise user/cpu acc to 10-15, raise cpu rushing D, and raise cpu WR catching. What do you guys think?

I switched to these in my offline dynasty lasst night and played 3 games, all with good results. Changes from our current settings in Bold

Game Play Sliders: User/CPU
    QB Accuracy: 15/10
    Pass Blocking: 45/40
    WR Catching: 40/45
    RB Ability: 55/75
    Run Blocking: 40/50
    Pass Coverage: 60/60
    Interception: 30/30
    Rush Defense: 45/55
    Tackling: 50/50

Sliders adjusted to what Escobar posted above. The only difference may be INTs dropped 5 lower for both HUM/CPU. I'll double check before the next advance, but I agree with marcotte and others that some tweaks need made.

EDIT - HANDS posted that as I responded. Please post any thoughts on those and I can add them in before the advance tonight.
    Last edited by cdj; 07-27-2013 at 01:53 PM.

My only concern area with the set I posted remains Pass Coverage and if it needs to go up further. I wanted to try a few games with a 75 or so rated QB and see how it played first though. My QB in my offline dynasty is a 95 Overall with 99 Accuracy and I had ~ 70% for 280 yards/gm and only 1 INT over the 3 games I played. If it is still fairly accurate with a poor QB then Coverage would probably be a good thing to turn up. INTs may need to go down if coverage goes up cause defensive players are still really good at catching with INT at 30.

I don't think there is anything that can be done about the terrible play calling of the AI. It is going to cause games here and there where the CPU doesn't put up realistic numbers. It has always seemed like the defensive plays the user is running has a very big effect on what they call. If you are calling blitzes all the time, they are going to call short passes and screens. If you are calling zones, they call routes down the field that find the holes or run the ball. If you call man to man, they will use misdirection plays or run with their QB. The game situation will get them to stray from these a bit towards the end of the game. But for the most part, what you call is gonna effect what they call.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Sliders adjusted to what Escobar posted above. The only difference may be INTs dropped 5 lower for both HUM/CPU. I'll double check before the next advance, but I agree with marcotte and others that some tweaks need made.

EDIT - HANDS posted that as I responded. Please post any thoughts on those and I can add them in before the advance tonight.
    The set I posted at the end of the Week 1 thread has the updated ratings set that Charter is using. He raised Human WR Catching, lowered Human Run Blocking (which will address marcotte's issue. Raising cpu rushing d only makes them more aware of the run, not get off blocks), raised pass coverage for Human and CPU.
    Last edited by Escobar; 07-27-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HANDSWARD View Post
    My only concern area with the set I posted remains Pass Coverage and if it needs to go up further. I wanted to try a few games with a 75 or so rated QB and see how it played first though. My QB in my offline dynasty is a 95 Overall with 99 Accuracy and I had ~ 70% for 280 yards/gm and only 1 INT over the 3 games I played. If it is still fairly accurate with a poor QB then Coverage would probably be a good thing to turn up. INTs may need to go down if coverage goes up cause defensive players are still really good at catching with INT at 30.
    I think 10 is the highest QBA should go. If you go any higher the qb's will be too accurate and the only way that we will get realistic incompletions will be the game causing wr drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    I think 10 is the highest QBA should go. If you go any higher the qb's will be too accurate and the only way that we will get realistic incompletions will be the game causing wr drops.
    I disagree. 10 and 5 introduce such a high level of randomness, it takes the fun out of playing.