Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Tell her that Blockbuster may be no longer within a year (kinda true)
    LOL tried that one too when they filed for Bankruptcy. She shrugged it off and said if/when it happens we can just cancel the credit card payment and make the switch then.

Blockbuster is still around? Christ, I haven't seen a Blockbuster anywhere around this area for years and years now.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Blockbuster is still around? Christ, I haven't seen a Blockbuster anywhere around this area for years and years now.
    A few here in Lincoln have closed, but there are still a few that exist.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    A few here in Lincoln have closed, but there are still a few that exist.
    LOL yeah we don't go to the brick and mortar store. I think the wife chose Blockbuster (back when we were dating) b/c they had a coupon every month for a free in-store rental. In their downward spiral they got rid of that part of the plan but my wife still kep the 3 out at a time plan.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    LOL yeah we don't go to the brick and mortar store. I think the wife chose Blockbuster (back when we were dating) b/c they had a coupon every month for a free in-store rental. In their downward spiral they got rid of that part of the plan but my wife still kep the 3 out at a time plan.

We still get to use our free coupons, 2 per month. Four stores are closing in Baton Rouge next month.

Well, first chance you get, like everyone else, I completely recommend Netflix. I spend hours upon hours every week on Netflix on my 360 (plus PC when on the road for vacation or work or other trips), with easily 100+ movies sitting in my Instant Watch queue, plus the 1 DVD for stuff not available (yet) for Instant Watch.

Tell her that Blockbuster may be no longer within a year (kinda true)
    When I worked at Movie Gallery (formerly second largest chain in the country behind Blockbuster), we had a promotion where we would give pre-paid cards to the store for a certain price. It's been so long I don't remember the deal ... but it was a decent deal.

Anyway, we had this guy come in and he was renting enough movies that his due amount would have paid for the card, it would have been cheaper, and he would have still had money on the card. He was so convinced I was trying to swindle him ("What if you go bankrupt?!"), that he refused to buy the card. He just kept asking questions like "what if you're not around in a year", that when JB mentioned Blockbuster going belly up, it reminded me of that.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    When I worked at Movie Gallery (formerly second largest chain in the country behind Blockbuster), we had a promotion where we would give pre-paid cards to the store for a certain price. It's been so long I don't remember the deal ... but it was a decent deal.

Anyway, we had this guy come in and he was renting enough movies that his due amount would have paid for the card, it would have been cheaper, and he would have still had money on the card. He was so convinced I was trying to swindle him ("What if you go bankrupt?!"), that he refused to buy the card. He just kept asking questions like "what if you're not around in a year", that when JB mentioned Blockbuster going belly up, it reminded me of that.
    LOL that is the very reason I didn't renew my XM subscription in my car. The price doesn't bother me that much (considering how much I drive for work) its the what if they go under.

LOL that is the very reason I didn't renew my XM subscription in my car. The price doesn't bother me that much (considering how much I drive for work) its the what if they go under.
    But since they merged with Sirius, doesn't that make it more stable?

But since they merged with Sirius, doesn't that make it more stable?
    Meh you still hear rumblings about them folding. When the economy tanked people considered their XM radio a "luxury" they could do without (and I agree).

The stock is trading at like < $2 last I checked.

The merger would be like GM and Chrysler merging to make one uberly bad automobile company.

Welcome to the future... everything we know today will literally be gone tomorrow

Thumbs up

The following WWE releases were added to Netflix's streaming service yesterday:

*The True Story of Wrestlemania Vol. 1
    * WWE's Top 50 Superstars
    * Bobby Heenan
    * The John Cena Experience
    * The Rise and Fall of WCW
    * Breaking the Code: Chris Jericho
    * Ricky Steamboat
    * Hart and Soul - The Hart Family Anthology

I watched The True Story of Wrestlemania Vol. 1 last night. Recommended viewing for all wrestling fans.

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    The following WWE releases were added to Netflix's streaming service yesterday:

*The True Story of Wrestlemania Vol. 1
    * WWE's Top 50 Superstars
    * Bobby Heenan
    * The John Cena Experience
    * The Rise and Fall of WCW
    * Breaking the Code: Chris Jericho
    * Ricky Steamboat
    * Hart and Soul - The Hart Family Anthology

I watched The True Story of Wrestlemania Vol. 1 last night. Recommended viewing for all wrestling fans.
    I heard there was a lot of WWE stuff added. This makes me

A couple weeks ago they added the new Big Show DVD, it was really good. Gave some great insight into his family and the WCW days.

Great quote in regards to the Netflix price hike....

"People don't calculate hourly entertainment value very well."

Have you watched "The True Story of Wrestlemania" yet. I was really impressed how good it was.

Quote Originally Posted by mrh61988 View Post
    Have you watched "The True Story of Wrestlemania" yet. I was really impressed how good it was.
    Yep, did a couple weeks ago. Really liked it. I just started the Rise and Fall of WCW but haven't finished it yet.

Yep, did a couple weeks ago. Really liked it. I just started the Rise and Fall of WCW but haven't finished it yet.
    That one was really interesting. I got into wresting right before the WCW/NWO stuff started and finding out how they got from that peak to burying the company was crazy.

Netflix just added Storage Wars been wanting to check that show out from the beginning.

They also added The Wonder Years.

Netflix just added Storage Wars been wanting to check that show out from the beginning.

They also added The Wonder Years.
    And Super Troopers

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    And Super Troopers
    Already got that on DVD and Blu Ray