Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: 2016 NFL Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Brock is guaranteed a ton of money next year too. I looks at Flacco contract and they really are stuck with him for another three years.

Woot!

I didn't like the clock play by Dallas and generally don't like that unless you are under 30 seconds. If there is a chance you could use all three downs don't throw one away. It takes time to get to the line of scrimmage and run any play. Take another 5 seconds and call a real play. Even if it's the same pass play just repeat instead of wasting a down.

And only rushing 3 and using a spy on 3rd and 20 was stupid on that play. They had success blitzing there and then play a prevent? Deserved that outcome with that horrible play call.

Prior to Sunday night, teams were 0-245 in the playoffs when their opponents scored 2 or more touchdowns than they did.

It was interesting to see the average age of Steeler defenders over the last 5 years. Went from oldest to 11th youngest. And Harrison is probably killing that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    It was interesting to see the average age of Steeler defenders over the last 5 years. Went from oldest to 11th youngest. And Harrison is probably killing that too.
    Yeah. They have 3 rookies starting on defense. Burns, Davis and Hargrave.

Harrison is 38 but boy has he been making huge plays for the defense. He really wants another ring.

Can't believe the Steelers couldn't get 1 foot. That might hurt later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't look good for the Steelers. Not that that's a big surprise though.

Good god, both games sucked ass.

What dumbass wrote these scripts? Yeah, lets have both Conference Championship games be boring as all hell, butt-fucking blowouts! Genius!

Hell, anyone who wasn't a Patriots or Falcons fan probably stopped watching the game by the start of the 4th quarters. I know I sure did.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yup. Not a good day for football.

Except for last Sunday, the entire playoffs have been snoozeville.

There were more bets placed on Cleveland to win the Super Bowl than Atlanta to start the season.
    The dude abides.

I just hope Pittsburgh can keep Ben, Bell, Brown, Bryant and Green on the field next year. If they can do that and build on/grow their young defense, they will be very tough to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Except for last Sunday, the entire playoffs have been snoozeville.
    Yeah, these have been one of the more uninteresting playoffs that I can remember. Nearly all of the games just plain sucked.

Since I'm neither a Falcons nor Patriots fan, I'm gonna watch the Super Bowl at the start, but if the score reaches a 20 point margin at any point, screw that, I'm turning it off and spending the rest of the night dicking around on PS4.

Maybe if my notifications show it getting back within a one score game I'd consider turning it back on, but yeah, I'm not sitting there watching it from start to finish if it starts to suck like most of the rest of the playoff games have, which is unheard of for me when it comes to the Super Bowl.

#RewriteTheScript

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the writers on strike or something?

This better be the greatest Super Bowl imaginable to make up for the fact that 8 of 10 playoff games have been crap. If this Super Bowl is not the best ever, the NFL needs to clean house and hire all new writers.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, these have been one of the more uninteresting playoffs that I can remember. Nearly all of the games just plain sucked.

Since I'm neither a Falcons nor Patriots fan, I'm gonna watch the Super Bowl at the start, but if the score reaches a 20 point margin at any point, screw that, I'm turning it off and spending the rest of the night dicking around on PS4.

Maybe if my notifications show it getting back within a one score game I'd consider turning it back on, but yeah, I'm not sitting there watching it from start to finish if it starts to suck like most of the rest of the playoff games have, which is unheard of for me when it comes to the Super Bowl.

I have been watching NFL playoffs for about 30 years... this year may have been the most boring that I can remember.

Matt Millen, oops, John Lynch hired as GM of the 49ers. After the Millen disaster in Detroit the odds that this move is successful are very low. I don't think that former players or coaches can't do it but I do think they need training. Never working in a front office and then just jumping into it with full control is way too much too fast. When Joe Dumars became GM of the Pistons (and I think it's quite a bit easier to transition in the NBA), he worked in the front office for a year in many departments to learn the tools of the trade.

Millen was very stubborn and I don't think he listened to others' advice enough. He also didn't put enough time in. He didn't go on scouting trips and still maintained a primary residence in Pennsylvania in addition to Detroit.