Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NFL Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

2016 NFL Discussion

I figured we might as well make a new thread for the upcoming season.

I think Miami will be OK. The OL will be better at pass protecting for sure although run blocking and our running game may be suspect. Our tendency to sign bigger names like Mario Williams may not pay off. Mario was down in Buffalo and I attributed a lot of that to playing in a 3-4 and not having his heart in it. Not sure he has a whole lot left in the tank. Cam Wake may be in the same boat. The DL needs to be a strength but the DT opposite Suh isn't good and if Cam and Mario aren't good that leaves the DL in bad shape to go with a weak LB corp and a weak set of CBs. At least we have a pro bowl SS and punter!

I think the Chargers are too cheap and when they are begging for help to build a stadium their stance on Bosa has been too tough. Bosa has a chip on his shoulder and parents with money so he can play tough too. Instead we aren't seeing the 3rd overall pick play in the NFL. I'm sure he'll sign soon since he has so little leverage but this is stupid. Offsets in the Top 5 are dumb.

I'm envisioning a rough year for the Broncos.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Is Simien (sp?) going to be your QB? How does Lynch look?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I thought Sanchez was the tentative starter. Either way, for the first time in several seasons.... Smooth is worried about "the greatness of the Raiders."

Speaking of the Raiders, they took out trademarks/patents on "Las Vegas Raiders" on Thursday. This is just sooooo sad. The Raiders belong in Oakland, not Sin City. However it looks more and more like they are Nevada bound.

I wish both Oakland and San Diego sold their teams to competent owners who have enough money to build their own stadiums without begging for public money. That ship has sailed. The Raiders should go back to LA.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

Try being a Saints fan. That's true doom and gloom.

The Saints have won a Superbowl in the last ten years. Miami hasn't even won a single playoff game! Haven't won more than 8 games in forever. You are spoiled compared to me lol.

Lol, Tony Romo is cursed. It seems lime every year now he ends up missing half the season or more due to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I thought Sanchez was the tentative starter. Either way, for the first time in several seasons.... Smooth is worried about "the greatness of the Raiders."
    Siemien is the starter for tonight's game against the Rams. Word is Lynch will be the second stringer. I can't really say on Lynch yet, I haven't seen him play enough to say for sure.

If the reports on Lynch is true, then Sanchez will be the third string QB tonight, a major downgrade after his poor showing last week with lost fumbles at the 49ers 15 and 21 yard lines on back to back drives.

Defense will be the savior of games again this year. Denver, as of right now, may be lucky to even win 8 games this year. Osweiler leaving in March REALLY screwed them.

Feel bad for Romo but Prescott has looked good.

Feel bad for Romo but Prescott has looked good.
    True but how many players look great in preseason and then never live up to the hype? I agree that he has played well but this injury could very well end the Cowboy season. Not that I cheer for the Cowboys but the fans must be losing their minds...

Prescott has a great situation though. A great OL and running game along with an elite WR he can force the ball too. Plus a TE safety blanket in Witten. Should ease the growing pains.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Try being a Saints fan. That's true doom and gloom.
    youll be happy this year

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

how long did it take you to figure that out? it was obvious as soon as the SB was over and even before, that this year would be filler material.

theyll still win 7 or 8 games though

Ram, please keep your conspiracy theories out of this thread.

The Broncos losing their qb isn't as big an issue as losing thatbig DT. always tough to repeat but they still have a lot of great players.

Finally saw that Romo hit. Man he is brittle. Hi back keeps breaking and being older isn't helping. Tannehill is OK but he is tough. Has taken a besting the last four years and is always under center.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    youll be happy this year
    Uh, no. If the Saints go 8-8, I'll consider that a good year. They're going to be terrible and will either be 3rd or 4th in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Uh, no. If the Saints go 8-8, I'll consider that a good year. They're going to be terrible and will either be 3rd or 4th in the division.
    Big Ben threw for 148 yards and two touchdowns on them in the first 2 drives of the game against them Friday night. Oh, and it was the first Ben had played this preseason. That no-name secondary is going to be a problem, from what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Big Ben threw for 148 yards and two touchdowns on them in the first 2 drives of the game against them Friday night. Oh, and it was the first Ben had played this preseason. That no-name secondary is going to be a problem, from what I saw.
    They're going suck. I honestly think TB will be 3rd in the division and the Saints 4th. They're way to dependent on Drew Brees doing everything (like Luck and the Colts). Sean Payton seems to despise running the ball with Ingram. It's time the people around here stop living in the past of SB 44 and realize that time is gone. Brees maybe great but he can't LeBron the team to victory.

And Brees doesn't have that much time left either. Both him and Brady are eventually going to be tackled from behind by father time.