Thread: Re-inventing dynasty for the future

• Facebook
  • Display

Re-inventing dynasty for the future

Dynasty is the lifeblood of NCAA football. It's what makes the game last for years to come. But at the same time, it's gotten really stale. There haven't been too many changes to it since 2003. All you really do, is play your game and recruit. That's it! Dynasty wire, though, was a great idea, IMO, it was just too basic. It helped immerse people further into their season...let them know what else is happening outside of their own team. Coaching carousel is the same way; great idea but basic implementation.

Pretend that we've gotten news that NCAA is coming back as a xb1/ps4 exclusive (watered down versions for last gen), and EA has turned to TGT and OS to help shape the game in certain areas. This isn't a wishlist thread so please don't turn it into one...just a thread we can share ideas that would help make dynasty better.

So come up with one idea about dynasty mode. Lay it out exactly how you want. Try to keep it to just dynasty and not get into gameplay or presentation too much.

I'm not sure what else there is to do besides play games and recruit. Hire your assistants, I guess and the ability to update facilities for perks is all I can think of (new training room for increased injury resistance/new weight room for better stamina and better offseason training results).

They're NEVER going to let people be able to alter pre-existing stadiums so if you want Army to play in front of 100,000 people, you would need to be able to build one from scratch.

Other than that, and maybe having all the NFL stadiums in game available for neutral-site games, I'm tapped out of ideas.

What about offseason training results? I'm not sure how it works now, but if the training could be conducive to coach philosophy, which means philosophy would have to expand to position groups. The same approach could be applied as done in recruiting preferences of positions, for example: QB recruit preference is scrambler, balanced, or pocket passer. So, have a training section to focus on how you want your players to develop. Let's say balanced is 1 to 1, but if you have a run block OL and want to focus on pass block, you will see a 2 to 1 growth in that training. Obviously, results would still depend on hidden potential, and athletic facilities could have an impact too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TIMB0B View Post
    What about offseason training results? I'm not sure how it works now, but if the training could be conducive to coach philosophy, which means philosophy would have to expand to position groups. The same approach could be applied as done in recruiting preferences of positions, for example: QB recruit preference is scrambler, balanced, or pocket passer. So, have a training section to focus on how you want your players to develop. Let's say balanced is 1 to 1, but if you have a run block OL and want to focus on pass block, you will see a 2 to 1 growth in that training. Obviously, results would still depend on hidden potential, and athletic facilities could have an impact too.

I absolutely agree that coaching philosophy needs to be expanded. It can easily be tied into coaching carousel too. I believe that the game is best when you have control of how you want to play as your team. I've always been against position restrictions or limitations, but at the same time, everything needs to have a pro and con to it.

For example: coaching carousel could greatly be expanded....not necessarily meaning to have an entire staff, but to have coaches with a position specialty (USC HC Clay Helton is a former qb coach, nick Saban specializes with defensive backs, Urban Meyer works with qb's, etc). On your 3 person staff, each coach needs a position specialty. Having a HC and OC who specialize in WR's can greatly boost WR training results in the offseason, BUT have a very limited increase in RB offseason training. All other positions on offense get somewhere in between. A RB/OL coaching tandom could see great running game training boosts, but the passing game suffers. Everything has a pro and con to it. Not only does that offer more opportunities to differentiate your team from the next, it can help the cpu play more life-like, and it forces you to be more aware of your team and play to your strengths.

I also agree that we should have some kind of day over how our players improve in their offseason training. Maybe an in season training focus could be added every week, where you give certain position groups certain goals, and if they meet those goals during the game, they receive a ratings boost. Qb accuracy could improve by throwing to 4 different receivers. Or another goal could be completing a pass to 6 of 9 throwing zones (short/medium/long X left/middle/right). A DL goal could be to get a sack with every D-lineman. Etc...

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    I absolutely agree that coaching philosophy needs to be expanded. It can easily be tied into coaching carousel too. I believe that the game is best when you have control of how you want to play as your team. I've always been against position restrictions or limitations, but at the same time, everything needs to have a pro and con to it.

For example: coaching carousel could greatly be expanded....not necessarily meaning to have an entire staff, but to have coaches with a position specialty (USC HC Clay Helton is a former qb coach, nick Saban specializes with defensive backs, Urban Meyer works with qb's, etc). On your 3 person staff, each coach needs a position specialty. Having a HC and OC who specialize in WR's can greatly boost WR training results in the offseason, BUT have a very limited increase in RB offseason training. All other positions on offense get somewhere in between. A RB/OL coaching tandom could see great running game training boosts, but the passing game suffers. Everything has a pro and con to it. Not only does that offer more opportunities to differentiate your team from the next, it can help the cpu play more life-like, and it forces you to be more aware of your team and play to your strengths.

I also agree that we should have some kind of day over how our players improve in their offseason training. Maybe an in season training focus could be added every week, where you give certain position groups certain goals, and if they meet those goals during the game, they receive a ratings boost. Qb accuracy could improve by throwing to 4 different receivers. Or another goal could be completing a pass to 6 of 9 throwing zones (short/medium/long X left/middle/right). A DL goal could be to get a sack with every D-lineman. Etc...
    I like this expansion with the coaching specialty. I also think a coach's tendencies (aggressive/conservative) should be tied to his recruiting preference. He could still end up recruiting positions contrary to his tendencies, but that is where training and progression become a factor. Recruit a scrambling QB and then train him into a pocket passer. Obviously, as a user you would recruit whoever you want. I think it's just as important for the cpu to have a unique coach identity, though. One of the reasons I do not like the current coach Xp upgrade/levels is because every coach can eventually upgrade and everything. Eventually, they can all upgrade and be the same.