Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden 16 CFM Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

Madden 16 CFM Discussion

I just heard about this this morning but I figure it's worthy of its own thread and very important to people like myself who are franchise only guys. Kolbe, creative director in charge of CFM was on Gamechangers radio last night and his advice is to NOT starting playing CFM until after the first patch.

The progression/regression bug, as I mentioned in my review is a real game killer. There are some players who have over 100 in some categories and conversely many players mostly backups who have zero in their ratings. In game goals are not supposed to impact progression but they do.

Also, the draft is borked as rookie players have significanlty better attributes than current NFL superstars.

Thanks man for keeping up to date on this.

I'm going to try to get a CFM going (taking Tebow to the HOF) so I'll wait until these issues are resolved.

I usually don't start a CFM until the rosters are finalized for the regular season.
    The dude abides.

Sound like the complaints have been heard. Apparently Rex Dickson was quoted as saying that CFM needs attention and will be a focus moving forwards. What that means however is anyones guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Sound like the complaints have been heard. Apparently Rex Dickson was quoted as saying that CFM needs attention and will be a focus moving forwards. What that means however is anyones guess.
    Hopefully, that is good news for Madden 17. I'd really like to get back into this series but the CFM shortcomings preclude that at the present time.

Do Play Now and CFM still have different settings? I know in 12 the Accelerated Clock settings were different. To play 15-minute quarters, I needed something like :17 and could go no lower than like :20 in Franchise Mode. It was infuriating and made no sense in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Hopefully, that is good news for Madden 17. I'd really like to get back into this series but the CFM shortcomings preclude that at the present time.

Do Play Now and CFM still have different settings? I know in 12 the Accelerated Clock settings were different. To play 15-minute quarters, I needed something like :17 and could go no lower than like :20 in Franchise Mode. It was infuriating and made no sense in any way.
    Yes they do. The kicker is that special teams sliders are split during play now. Also during play now you can have cpu vs cpu, you can switch the cpu's uniform, you can switch control to the other team during the game, etc.

Yes they do. The kicker is that special teams sliders are split during play now. Also during play now you can have cpu vs cpu, you can switch the cpu's uniform, you can switch control to the other team during the game, etc.
    I was clear about this (sent feedback to the devs) in 12 and I'm not going back to Madden until it is corrected. Obviously, I'm not holding my breath.

I have NO IDEA how having different Settings and Sliders for Play Now and CFM makes ANY sense to anyone. To me, it's just a case of "I don't give a shit".

Some decisions are mind boggling. I really want formation subs and a custom cam too. I'd love a Tecmo cam.

Man this mode is borked right now!

I moved Oakland to Oklahoma in my test dynasty. Currently I am playing in game 4 of the preseason vs the Giants.

Issues:

subs are borked.
    -even though NY has three QB's, to start the 2nd Q Sean Weatherford (P) is the starting QB

player goals are just ridiculous
    -they have no basis of reality

commentary off as usual...

flags are non stop when the subs come in as they tend to have low ratings for discipline

drive goals as modifiers... game killer until patched
    -currently 17 players have +1 up to +4 ovr due to goals

Another pet peeve. The Oklahoma Night Hawks play at Night Hawk Field yet at the start of the game, the name changes to Maitland Field aka "the campus" (I assume because Tiburon is in Maitland...). This kind of stuff just kills immersion.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 09-04-2015 at 04:12 AM.

Auto subs does not work. What does work however is turning up fatigue. Currently I have it at 60 but even this will not give you realistic stats.

What a pile of crap. CFM is a joke and offline gaming is dead for American Football.

I honestly don't know how or why you guys continue to put up with this. Until they show that they care at all about the offline gamer and the CFM experience, Madden 12 will remain my last Madden.

MUT is all they care about.

Played my first full CFM regular season game. All Pro 11 min quarters and only changed int to 30 and cpu rb block to 60. I won the game 17-10 as Morris scored a TD with 39 seconds left. It was a rreally tough game.

Here are some stats: food for thought...

Bortles 10/27 94 yards 1 TD
    Carr 13/25 130 yards 1 TD

Martin 12 carries 31 yards 2.5 ypc
    Morris 24 carries 122 yards 1 TD 5.0 ypc

2 sacks for each team

T. Smith 7 solo 6 ast. 3 tfl
    Lester 4 solo 4 ast. 8 tota tackles

13 pass deflections in total

Penalties
    Jax: 2 for 25
    Oka: 8 for 131

Possession:
    Jax: 18:19
    Oka: 25:41

For the record, after one game in CFM, I now have a total of 22 players with a 99 for confidence. During the game most were at 101.

As a result players go up in ratings between 1 and 4 points overall. For exampe, my 3rd QB, Cody Fajardo is now a 65 +4 as his confidence is 92. He hasn't played a snap of the regular season but he goes up by 4 because he feels good about himself...

48 players on the team are currently imrpoved due to confidence... need I say more???

Yeah.

No and no thank you.

Has EA given an ETA on a patch? I would like to start my Franchise one of these days but not until some of the mess is cleaned up.

The confidence and ratings boosts are a big problem. Not starting my franchise until opening day rosters anyways. Hopefully a good patch will soon follow.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Has EA given an ETA on a patch? I would like to start my Franchise one of these days but not until some of the mess is cleaned up.
    The only thing they said was somewhat tongue in cheek... "it won't be six weeks like last year." I would suspect it's probably at least two weeks away since the certification process is so lengthy.

The only thing they said was somewhat tongue in cheek... "it won't be six weeks like last year." I would suspect it's probably at least two weeks away since the certification process is so lengthy.
    Okay well just looked at Pasta and he is reporting that the patch is "very close." He speculates next week. I still think two weeks as I suspect the goal xp glitch is a bigger issue than they are letting on.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    What kind of problems are preventing you from starting one? I hadn't really been keeping up with the bugs and stuff as of late with being either sick or gone the better part of the past week.
    The dude abides.