Thread: 2015 NBA Offseason Talk

• Facebook
  • Display

2015 NBA Offseason Talk

Lots of action already...with that said....

The dude abides.

Milwaukee Bucks president urges public dollars for new arena

Milwaukee Bucks President Peter Feigin urged Wisconsin lawmakers on Monday to pass legislation that would put taxpayers on the hook for half the cost of a new, $500 million arena. Feigin said the project would be an economic boon and would keep the team in the state.

Feigin told the legislature's budget committee construction needs to start this year, or the NBA will move the team, possibly to Las Vegas or Seattle, though he didn't elaborate. He also said the project could create thousands of construction jobs, lead to the Bucks' hiring 50 to 100 more people and draw attention to the state as the team improves.

The NBA has warned Bucks' owners that if they don't have a new arena by 2017, the league will buy the team and move it.

Via: ESPN

These owners sure have a great gig going. Rely on the taxpayers to pay half (or more) for an arena that will help pad your pockets and requires the taxpayers to spend even more to enjoy.

Well its either that sounds like or they won't have a team to fund an arena or even watch in the state...Seattle has their fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Well its either that sounds like or they won't have a team to fund an arena or even watch in the state...Seattle has their fingers crossed
    Of course MIL waits until the team is halfway competitive again to do this. I know no city wants to lose their team, but the concept in place is a silly one when one stops to think about it. Seattle is probably hoping MIL balks.

Yeah I know..have to strike while that iron is hot lol. Excitement building for the team...they are even luring FA's!. Logo and uniform redesign.

They are all set except their below subpar arena. Isn't this SOP for arena builds/construction? Team wants taxpayers/city to pay for it or fund half of it? Granted better teams than this but still.

DeAndre Jordan is having second thoughts it appears. The official day contracts can first be signed is tomorrow.
    The dude abides.

I'm cracking up after hearing about all this talk that he destroyed the Mav's franchise and set them back multiple years.

If they were relying on him to be a cornerstone of the franchise and didn't consider other options, that was their fault. I'm really hoping they weren't planning on him being a player that could turn a franchise around and contend for a championship with their current roster or one a few years from now.

Has he signed the contract? No? Then you better have a Plan B until 7/9 signing day.
    The dude abides.

The NBA is going to offer single game purchase options this season for $6.99 while league pass will still be $199.99. That's interesting. I wonder if it will be an option on broadband too, but cheaper than $6.99 since the full season is cheaper.
    The dude abides.

Uh-oh. I can see it now. JB will pay $210.00 to watch 30 Celtics games and justify it in his brain that it's only $6.99.

I'm good. The Denver Nuggets are going to suck absolute ass this season, so I have no reason to pay to watch a game just to watch them suck it up and lose. If they're on cable, I may watch, but screw paying for a premium service to watch. That, and NBA has typically been on the backburner of interest for me. Broncos, Rockies, Avalanche and college football are my main interests right now and things that I'd actually consider paying for a premium service for.

Rovell tweeted that it would cost $120 for a team's season worth of games not nationally televised