Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Madden 16 Wishlist

• Facebook
  • Display

Madden 16 Wishlist

Every game needs improvements. These are the things I would like to see Madden implement to really improve upon Madden 15.

1) More personality among teams. I want to see the best offensive players get the ball more. I want the best defensive players to be great out there. I truly loved impact players in NCAA 06 because you had to account for them at all times. I never feel I have to change my approach or gameplan in Madden either offensively or defensively since the teams feel so similar. You have a speed threshold – what about a talent threshold so we can spread the players further apart? Sort of the opposite of your old Fair Play option. CPU teams should also be going up-tempo more often – not just at the end of the half.

2) Fix the inside running game. For the last 3 years guards have been blowing the DTs off the ball on all inside running games. DTs need to be able to make a tackle for loss once in awhile and shoot gaps. This is a real negative and leads to running the ball being too easy on all levels. 3rd and short is practically an automatic pickup/money play in this game with an inside run.

3) Cpu QBs can’t continue to take sacks on screen plays and 4-vertical streaks. That might be OK for low awareness QBs but the smart ones should be throwing the ball away. This really hurts the cpu passing game.

4) Improve the sliders! At 0 run block my guys should block like garbage but the blocking sliders do next to nothing! The WR catch slider did almost nothing in M15 too. There should be a huge difference between 0 and 100. Change reaction time to simply Zone Pass Defense and make it actually work. Bring back the RB ability slider so we can boost the special moves (mainly for the cpu RBs). Bring back the knockdown slider from years past and call it DB Playmaking. This should control the radius around a DB to knock down passes. Want them to knock down more balls? Boost it up. Want to see less leaping LBs and knocked down deep balls? Reduce it. It would be nice to have kick return and a kick block slider too.

5) Improve the animations and physics. I’d like to see more gang tackling and a much bigger animation set to differentiate between the players. Quicker backs need to animate and play quicker. Seeing more varied RB animations and QB throwing animations would be great.

6) Add a horizontal All-22 camera to replicate a Tecmo style feel. Broadcast is too low and doesn’t let you see downfield in the passing game. Just give us 20+ yards to see downfield and it would be great. I truly believe this would be a huge feature and it’s probably easy to do. If possible, add zoom options to your cameras.

7) Formation Subs! NCAA Football has had this a long time! It’s better than your package system. I like the 3rd down back but what about short yardage? How about a pass rushing DL formation sub where you slip DEs inside and put OLBs at end if you want? Again, much better than packages imo.

8) Lead passing. Being able to use a trigger to throw a WR route before they break (rather than just have them continue on their current path) would really add a huge dimension to the passing game and help on outs and comeback plays. Players still need to improve their sideline awareness and turn upfield before stepping out of bounds.

9) Franchise mode – mid tier players need to be more expensive. Players rated 75-83 are easy too sign and make it easy to avoid any depth issues in franchise mode. Those guys should still be $2.5M+ players instead of just $1M and change. In general the salary structure by position and rating needs improvement. CPU roster management is often terrible. They dump their QBs too quickly and have garbage to replace them. Miami cut Tannehill and went with two QBs rated in the 60s one year. I’d like to be able to have more control over my contract as a head coach and the ability to move to a new team. Sometimes I want a challenge after winning a Superbowl and take my current profile to a bad team. I realize this isn’t super realistic but it would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    7) Formation Subs! NCAA Football has had this a long time! It’s better than your package system. I like the 3rd down back but what about short yardage? How about a pass rushing DL formation sub where you slip DEs inside and put OLBs at end if you want? Again, much better than packages imo.
    Something I wish NCAA had was the formation substitution option that Madden has had where you can quickly sub someone in at the formation playcall screen.

I fear if formation subs are added, then that option would likely be taken away...though I'm not sure why both couldn't exist.

Love being able to swap out a player quickly like that on any given play, then to only have package substitutions or formation subs.

That quick sub is nice but I would trade it all day for the NCAA formation subs.

I didn't list that much in franchise mode. I actually really enjoyed the scouting. It was too easy to get good fast since the cpu isn't as smart in free agency and the draft. I would like a weekly wrap up show with highlights and stats. 2K5 was still fantastic with the Berman show.

I really, really want that Tecmo camera angle. So many people view Tecmo as one of the greatest all time games. Why not give us their camera angle? I'm sure some people would love an arcade vs sim option where arcade would resemble Tecmo or Blitz more. My cousin used to love NFL Street and Blitz but could never get into Madden since he wasn't a huge football fan.

Defense - or anything resembling it

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    For offline I don't find this a big issue. My main concern is the inside running game being too easy on third and short. I want more variety in the play outcomes more than anything.

One thing about Madden is that I find big plays tend to be more limited. I don't see those run after catch great plays. You rarely see completely blown coverages like I do see in the real NFL with younger inexperienced players. I'd actually like to see more big plays in Madden than I currently do. I think the results need to be a bit more varied. I don't want to see the only Madden big plays due to streak plays and picking the right guy though. I'm only speaking offline for me and largely on All-Madden.

Seattle actually led the NFL in "big plays" thanks to their running game. Over 10% of their plays were "big" with that being defined as a 10+ yard run or 25+ yard pass play.
    http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/st...atistics/2014/
    Last edited by Rudy; 03-19-2015 at 10:27 AM.

That quick sub is nice but I would trade it all day for the NCAA formation subs.

I didn't list that much in franchise mode. I actually really enjoyed the scouting. It was too easy to get good fast since the cpu isn't as smart in free agency and the draft. I would like a weekly wrap up show with highlights and stats. 2K5 was still fantastic with the Berman show.

I really, really want that Tecmo camera angle. So many people view Tecmo as one of the greatest all time games. Why not give us their camera angle? I'm sure some people would love an arcade vs sim option where arcade would resemble Tecmo or Blitz more. My cousin used to love NFL Street and Blitz but could never get into Madden since he wasn't a huge football fan.
    Problem with formation subs is that during the game you can't do anything about it unless you pause.

Since I play exclusively online, that really doesn't help me much I can't keep pausing the game to make a change to my formation sub. For example in NCAA I have a "rushing FB" in one package because he is 2nd string to a primarily blocking FB. However I'd like to be able to have the ability to take him out on the fly.

Same on Defense.

For an offline franchise or CFM I suppose this would be great though.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    You have trouble playing Defense on this version? Play now lobby games or CFM?

I find it rather easy compared to some previous versions. Granted I work the most on and focus all of my attention on D every version.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Problem with formation subs is that during the game you can't do anything about it unless you pause.

Since I play exclusively online, that really doesn't help me much I can't keep pausing the game to make a change to my formation sub. For example in NCAA I have a "rushing FB" in one package because he is 2nd string to a primarily blocking FB. However I'd like to be able to have the ability to take him out on the fly.

Same on Defense.

For an offline franchise or CFM I suppose this would be great though.
    I love it in franchise so I can find playing time for certain players. I can understand it not being a big thing for online which is why I can see EA ignoring it since they care more about online and MUT money than the offline season guy.

I can easily have a run down/formation LB in base sets, coverage LBs in nickel, move big DE inside to DT on passing downs, big RBs on short yardage formations, control the slot WR in every formation, etc. I set it ONCE and it stays that way for my entire season. I don't have to try and rush through that stuff on the fly EVERY single game. That is very annoying to me to the point I just try to get a few things done and then don't bother with the rest. So nice in NCAA 14 (and probably their last 4 games).

Yeah but how can you switch up without pausing the game? I know it isn't an issue playing the CPU but still would be annoying. I don't even like pausing against them lol.

That's what I like to be able to do on the fly is exactly how you do. Sometimes I want a strictly pass rush Dime set with DE's inside and LB's outside. I don't want it to be like that every down though and there's just no other way to change it other than by going into the formation sub screen each time. Same with 4-3 when I run it on occasion. Sometimes I'd like LB's playing as DE's to rush, but I wouldn't want it that way permanently...maybe just a few plays.

Even if I wasn't only playing online, I'd still prefer that method. Don't get me wrong I love the feature in NCAA since I don't have the ability to do it at the playcall screen, but would much prefer it the way it is in Madden.

They simply need to give us both options! Problem solved.

They simply need to give us both options! Problem solved.
    Pretty much! lol

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    You have trouble playing Defense on this version? Play now lobby games or CFM?

I find it rather easy compared to some previous versions. Granted I work the most on and focus all of my attention on D every version.
    There is no defense in this game Period Full Stop. Just pick a pass play read zone/man and then throw to your route that is wide open every time on that coverage. Games turn on mental mistakes or EA deciding its time for your receiver to drop balls/fumbles or if that is even whoever has the ball last.

I struggle to run a pass happy offence. Worst part of my game. I don't have that issue clw. And with dumb cpu qbs pass defence isn't too bad. I do think zone was a bit overpowered compared to man to man. I just didn't trust man and the safety help was weak. Just have zone and man pass defence sliders THAT WORK and problem solved for me.

This is the kind of angle I would like to see in Madden. Broadcast just doesn't let you see downfield enough. Straight side stroller - no dynamic isometric stuff like broadcast either. (And Suh injured cassell on a late hit lol but I screwed up video capture).

The original Tecmo camera was straight top down. Here is an older screenshot. You can see a lot downfield and the gaps in the line. I'd love to see this angle. Been messing around with broadcast camera but you are really in the dark when you pass and defend the pass.

Last edited by Rudy; 03-22-2015 at 09:29 AM.

Man I miss the old Super Tecmo Bowl. That is possibly my favourite NFL football game of all time. I too loved the camera angle. I can't play Madden's broadcast camera as you cannot see enough. I will say though that what Madden did with the camera this year was a huge addition IMO. The multiple angles and the ease to switch between them is great!

My top SIX for CFM:

1. Formation Subs via NCAA's system
    2. A weekly wrap up show (like the extra point in Madden 10, only much, much better
    3. RFA's and the full contract system the NFL uses
    4. PRACTISE SQUADS! (to give time for players to develop without having to cut them)
    5. Penalties that work AND a challenge system that works and gives you a choice of what to challenge
    6. Real OC's and DC's... maybe adopt the skill tree from NCAA?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Man I miss the old Super Tecmo Bowl. That is possibly my favourite NFL football game of all time. I too loved the camera angle. I can't play Madden's broadcast camera as you cannot see enough. I will say though that what Madden did with the camera this year was a huge addition IMO. The multiple angles and the ease to switch between them is great!
    Just changing the camera angle can give the game a fresh feel. It is surprising that with all of Tecmo's success that EA has never offered that camera angle. I was playing with the all-22 today and it was nice. Broadcast was good except for the impossible passing. Running lanes are a little tough with the lower angle but not horrible.

Offering an over the top arcade option should be considered if they aren't going to make Street or Blitz type games.

I really hope the team surprises people and decide to copy SCEA and MLB the Show 15 and allow for your franchise from Madden 15 to be transferred to Madden 16. That being said, I really don't see myself buying Madden this year UNLESS they majorly step up and get some of the big features that I want (weekly wrap -up show, huge immersion boost, practice squad, restricted free agency, etc.). This year's game has a lot of positives but until I see a MAJOR step in development then I will not be okay with "good enough" offerings. This development team needs to step it up as compared to the competition (The Show, nba2k, FIFA). No doubt about it that this is the 4th tier of the top 4 big sports games.

CPU qb ai, animations and really getting the good players to stand out above the average ones is key for me.

I understand the desire for practice squads and restricted free agency but there have been almost no players to leave via restricted free agency the last 5 years. I would like practice squads but that isn't a game killer either. Madden's franchise mode has always kept us sucked in because the gameplay was mediocre. It's time for the gameplay to step up big time.

Seriously, the CPU ai went backwards from ps2 to ps3. I honestly think madden is on the same level of intelligence since madden 05. A huge improvement is needed and yet I doubt it's coming. All focus is online and MUT.

CPU qb ai, animations and really getting the good players to stand out above the average ones is key for me.

I understand the desire for practice squads and restricted free agency but there have been almost no players to leave via restricted free agency the last 5 years. I would like practice squads but that isn't a game killer either. Madden's franchise mode has always kept us sucked in because the gameplay was mediocre. It's time for the gameplay to step up big time.

Seriously, the CPU ai went backwards from ps2 to ps3. I honestly think madden is on the same level of intelligence since madden 05. A huge improvement is needed and yet I doubt it's coming. All focus is online and MUT.
    The practice squad is HUGE for me simply because based on rating I often have to cut draft picks because I cannot find space for them on the roster. The Madden compromise of making the roster bigger isn't a compromise at all. As to FA, I agree but the thing is that FA has so little to it already. You can do almost nothing when it comes to negotiating. The whole feature needs to take a page from the NHL series where a few years back they added pretty much every aspect of the collective agreement.