Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-Season, 2010

• Facebook
  • Display

Off-Season, 2010

We are now to players leaving.

Michigan Coach Oneback was able to talk Michael Cox, Ryan Van Bergen and Elliot Mealer into staying but had to use a lot of time to do so.

With Devin Gardner coming off a Red Shirt year Coach Oneback decided to let Denard Robinson out of his scholarship and transfer to NIU. Little used WR Terrence Robinson was also let out of his commitment to Michigan and will be transfering to EMU.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    Michigan Coach Oneback was able to talk Michael Cox, Ryan Van Bergen and Elliot Mealer into staying but had to use a lot of time to do so.

With Devin Gardner coming off a Red Shirt year Coach Oneback decided to let Denard Robinson out of his scholarship and transfer to NIU. Little used WR Terrence Robinson was also let out of his commitment to Michigan and will be transfering to EMU.
    Or maybe not...everytime I try to get out of the Players Leaving Screen it tells me Online Dynasty is not available. Going to try online. If that doesn't work then I guess I will lose them all.

USC had two players that felt they were ready for the NFL. Defensive End Nick Perry - 22 Tackles, 15 for Loss and 4.5 sacks and TJ Bryant - 52 Tackles and a team high 5 ints. Nick Perry immediately saw that he wasn't ready for the NFL and will bring his 93 overall rating back for his Senior year, but TJ decided after hearing he would be taken in the 1st round that he needed to take the payout. It was a long hard decision that took 3 60 minute phone calls to decide.

Also Marquis Simmons FR(RS) and Jawanza Starling SO will be allowed to transfer to Nevada and Colorado respectively as both players and coaches thought it would be in the players best interest.

Wisconsin convinces HB John Clay and DE JJ Watt to return for their senior year. However, DT Patrick Butrym (the anchor of the defense) chose to forgo his senior year and go pro.

Thankfully I was able to convince Watt, otherwise I would have lost my four top defensive players, instead I lose 3 (two to graduation). Watt was #2 in the nation in sacks, Butrym was tied at #4. I'm also thankful that none of RT Josh Oglesby (94OVR), RG Kevin Zeitler (94OVR) or WR Nick Toon (91OVR) were foolish enough to consider leaving for the NFL early... that would have killed me.
    Last edited by gschwendt; 08-23-2010 at 11:14 PM.

FSU had a few young bucks testing the waters, but once they got their draft evaluations back and talked with coach fsuprime they decied to stay

FS Nick Moody (81 ovr), OLB Nigel Carr(85 ovr), and RB Jermaine Thomas (88ovr) were the 3 to stay

JR DT (81 overall) Moses Mccray has opted to go to the draft without his coaches endorsement citing financial problems with his family.

FB So(rs) Debrale Smiley flirted with transfer but was convinced he should stay as well as SO(rs) DT Amp Mcloud

FSU used 6 minutes lol, luckily im done recruiting except for maybe a select 1 or 2 postseason guys.

Texas had 4 players that asked for pro evaluations....and all 4 decided that they would return to Austin. All-Americans CB Aaron Williams and OLB Keenan Robinson along with 1st team Pac-10 OLB Emmanuel Acho return to Austin to lead a Longhorn defense that led the nation in interceptions and was #1 in the Pac-10 in every single category except for rushing yards allowed and sacks (#2 in both to USC)....returning 7 starters on the unit.
    Silky running back Fozzy Whittaker also returns with his 1043 rushing yards, 12 TDs, and a sparkling 8.2 yards per carry in a backup role.
    3 Longhorns decided to take their talents elsewhere and Coach Papa LoneStar wishes them the best with their new adventures. 3rd string tailback Tre Newton is going to Tulsa. WR DeSean Hales, who made big plays this season, is headed to North Texas. Hales averaged 33.6 yards per catch off 8 receptions, but was likely run off by the primetime WRs who have redshirted during the 2010 championship season. Backup DE Dravannti Johnson has reached out to Coach FSUPrime at Florida State University to become a Seminole. Coach LoneStar thinks that is just silly, but he will not stand in the way of this simple-minded individual. All 3 players seen the writing on the wall and 2 of them made smart decisions with nice, young talent starting at running back and wideout.
    Last edited by Papa LoneStar; 08-24-2010 at 12:21 AM.

Oneback, Tex, Jeff, and Iron are remaining.

Well, it looks like I will be losing Michael Cox, Ryan Van Bergen and Elliott Mealer...I get a transfer failed message everytime I try to get out of the players leaving screen and I do not see anywhere online that I can do the players leaving activities.

DE Mike Vrabel and MLB Greg Bellisari will return for the Buckeyes next year.

WR Terry Glenn has decided to go pro, and HB Jermon Jackson will head to Starksville, Mississippi.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

OH man that really stinks.

DE Lattimore is going to be taking his talents to the NFL. He has a boy that surely played a role in his decision. The staff are ok with this, but really felt that he could have improved on his stock a little bit if he would have come back. He was back and forth in his decision and left the staff little time for week 1 recruiting in the offseason. The staff will turn to some younger DE's to fill the void that will surely be missed by Eric leaving early for the draft. It seems that DE Aaron Maybin set the tone a few years ago when he played one full year at DE and left for the NFL. Hard though to knock a kid for a chance at making guaranteed 16 million dollars.

The Hokies lose a huge part of their offense for next season when HB Ryan Williams (93) decided to enter the pro draft early. Williams won the Doak Walker, Walter Camp, finished 4th in Heisman voting and was the runner-up for the Maxwell award. Coaches tried to convince him to stay but after talking it over with his parents, they felt it was in his best interests to enter the draft as a sure top 3 pick. Williams rushed for 1,988 and 33 TD's despite missing the 1st game of the season. He would go on to break season school records in rushing yards and rushing TD's.

Also deciding to enter the draft surprisingly was our K Justin Myer (86). He chose to go pro instead of coming back for his senior season. Myer was a key point to the Hokies this past season in making every FG and PAT he attempted this season going 17-17 and 70-70.

We were able to convince sophomore MLB Lydell Gibson (85) to stay with the team instead of entering into the NFL draft. Gibson won the Butkus, Nagurski and Bednarik awards. We are happy to have him back to lead our defense this year.

We know will rely on senior HB Darren Evans (92) to carry the load next season for us. We will now be on the lookout for a K and P this off-season as well as a few other pieces to add into the mix.

We wish the guys going pro and graduating seniors the best in their futures.
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 08-24-2010 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post

FSU used 6 minutes lol, luckily im done recruiting except for maybe a select 1 or 2 postseason guys.
    How in the world did you only use 6 minutes? Don't you have to go in increments of 10?

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    How in the world did you only use 6 minutes? Don't you have to go in increments of 10?
    I think he meant 6 hours.

yea my bad, 6 hours,

Jeff did terry glenn leave after his junior year in real life?

hmm oneback that is very strange, i have not read of any possible fixes for this online.

papa, it is very sad but i have learned that Dravannti has an extacy and cocaine addiction that he picked up from hanging out with ramonce taylor off campus and he will be denied entrance to FSU.

we are just waiting on tex and irondragon now.

No problem, Michael Cox may have rushed for 1,800+ yards and 23 TDs but he was only 83 OVR, He was going to share time with the #5 HB recruit this upcoming year...I've still got Michael Shaw, Vincent Smith and Fitzgerald Tousaint to fill the void.

The big loss is Ryan Van Bergen who would have been a 90+ OVR LDE next year, I'll have to move some guys around to fill the void and possibly move to the 3-4...with my inability to recruit any defensive line players thus far I am really in a bind along the line.

Elliott Mealer was just going to be there for depth and if all went well probably wouldn't have seen the field unless he worked hard in the off season.

The thing that worries me the most is the failed to transfer error...from reading I have seen that this leads to problems advancing so my fingers are crossed in hopes that is not the case.

ah true, well i posted a fix for that (though it is a pain in the ass for everyone) in the other thread, i have extra OD commissioner slot available if needed later on.

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    papa, it is very sad but i have learned that Dravannti has an extacy and cocaine addiction that he picked up from hanging out with ramonce taylor off campus and he will be denied entrance to FSU.
    I am NOT shocked with those results. This was a guy who was our BEST linebacker in spring practice....then when the season started....he aggressively demanded a move to defensive end. I tried to explain to him that he was best suited for our sam LB spot....but he insisted. He was our 4th DE by default since Jackson Jeffcoat preferred to redshirt. He didn't see the field....and this is a guy who was a very gifted linebacker. Sad to see....a mind is a turrrrible thing to waste.

I will get it done when i get home this afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post

The thing that worries me the most is the failed to transfer error...from reading I have seen that this leads to problems advancing so my fingers are crossed in hopes that is not the case.
    I've seen this in my OD a couple of times when trying to advance. Usually when it happens it gives me the option to Retry or Exit and it always works on the retry.