Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden Ultimate Team Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

Madden Ultimate Team Discussion

I know some here are big on this mode and it looks like we've got some newcomers as well. CLW will need a place to vent when he starts playing randoms for his MUT Super Bowl trophy, so here we go.

I basically gave up on using my coins to buy packs because I wasn't getting anything. Managed to snag RGIII(10,750 coins), CJ Spiller(1,100 coins), and Nick Hardwick (4,000 coins) last night, so I was pretty happy with those, especially the C.J. Spiller. I'm pretty sure someone accidentally'd the buy it now price because he's going for 8k+ all day.

Also, needed RGIII, Newton, or Kaepernick to be able to run the offense I want to run, so I was pleased to be able to get one of them.

How's everyone's teams doing?

I'm at an 80 OVR right now. Got a duplicate of Tony Romo so I was able to sell that for 12k, that was nice. I like using Zac Stacy as my back, he's pretty effective at 79 OVR. My WR's are Garcon, Maclin, and Blackmon.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I'm at an 80 OVR right now. Got a duplicate of Tony Romo so I was able to sell that for 12k, that was nice. I like using Zac Stacy as my back, he's pretty effective at 79 OVR. My WR's are Garcon, Maclin, and Blackmon.
    How much $ did you spend to get that good of a team already?

I'm at like 67 OVR. Played several MUT randoms and per usual its the same crap as always. Going to have to go with my 6 a.m. Sat-Sun strategy to whore out these trophies.

I don't have a problem with the concept I just wish you could play only friends or at least remotely even teams when matching up with randoms.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    How much $ did you spend to get that good of a team already?
    About $40
    The dude abides.

I'm looking to get into the mode for the first time. WHile also avoiding to spend any extra real money lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    I'm looking to get into the mode for the first time. WHile also avoiding to spend any extra real money lol.
    Yeah, I'm not spending any money on it. I've got my team up to 79 and I feel pretty good about them. I've already beaten a couple of guys who had stacked teams and probably spent hundreds of dollars on bundles. You can definitely build a competitive team without spending money...just takes some patience.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Yeah, I'm not spending any money on it. I've got my team up to 79 and I feel pretty good about them. I've already beaten a couple of guys who had stacked teams and probably spent hundreds of dollars on bundles. You can definitely build a competitive team without spending money...just takes some patience.
    That's true especially if you pay close attention to auctions and find people that made mistakes on buy now prices with guys.

What's the best way to get coins? The 1000,1500 in the begining is slow paced. I'm a 65 or 67 overall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
    What's the best way to get coins? The 1000,1500 in the begining is slow paced. I'm a 65 or 67 overall

That's about it. Playing regular season solo challenges gets up there:

Game 1: 1250 coins
    Game 2: 1500
    Game 3: 1750
    Game 4: 2000
    Game 5: 2250
    Game 6: 2500
    Game 7: 2750
    Game 8: 3000

All games are 3 minute quarters, so if you can stand playing the CPU that much, it's probably your best bet. I just play online and then switch to some solo challenges every now and then. The rewards get up there once you rank up a bunch in the head to head seasons, too.

Yep playing games and then selling cards on the auction block is the way to go. I sold a ton of cheap cards last night and then got lucky with some elite madden finalist card and sold it for like 11K in coins. It just takes a little time to check what your cards are going for at a buy now price on the market and making sure you are right near the bottom in terms of price and the cards tend to sell very quickly.

Played quite a few user v. user MUT games and I'm concerned that unless sliders work well there still isn't going to be much defense in a more "normal" length game.

Played quite a few user v. user MUT games and I'm concerned that unless sliders work well there still isn't going to be much defense in a more "normal" length game.
    Played 8 games of head to head and given up only 3 touchdowns, all 3 of which came on bombs down the sideline against Cover 2 Man...aka, shouldn't have happened. Defense is definitely there at least this early when people don't know what they're doing on offense.

Finished off my first Ultimate Team Head to Head season last night. Won my first game, lost my 2nd on a Hail Mary, then rattled off 7 straight to get a bye in the playoffs. Won the first playoff game handily. Conference Championship Game was my opponent's Super Bowl and easily the most east room I've played so far, but I beat him 15-14 after a go ahead score and 2 point conversion with like 30 seconds left. Then had a 10-0 win in the Super Bowl.

It seems like the coin payouts for the head to head stuff is much more this year. You end up unlocking a challenge to get a legendary coach, too, which is pretty cool. Final record was 11-1 with the average score of 14-5.

This is my first run at MUT, so I'm still trying to figure out things work. My team is a 68 overall, I've only played 1 user v user game. Lost it 9-7. The rest of the time I've been playing the training day games or solo challenges.

Can you bet on h2h games? Like wager 2k coins against my opponent and winner gets 2k off coins?

I bought the vet pack yesterday and pulled 2 good cards out of a 84 Newton and 85 C Maurkice Pouncey.. Any one else buy that pack yet?

So.... I won an auction yesterday for an 82 OVR center. EA took my coins away but I still haven't received the player.

So.... I won an auction yesterday for an 82 OVR center. EA took my coins away but I still haven't received the player.
    You'll get it - it just takes forever most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    You'll get it - it just takes forever most of the time.
    Yep most of the time it has been instant. Finally, got it mid this morning.

Also won by 1st MUT Super Bowl (didn't realize just getting to the super bowl was all you had to do trophy wise).

Now I just need to get my team to 85 ovr so i can whore out the two styles > 40 and I'll probably be finished with the mode. I have a pretty nice team though.

BTW to anyone that is new and/or wondering what their cards are worth I use:

http://www.muthead.com/

to determine the value of auctions I place. It's also helpful in telling you what each challenge will give you when completed.

Yep, great site. You can get a TON of information on there.

You're really not going to keep playing after you get all the trophies?