Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Madden 15 Retail Impressions (PS4/XBox One)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I was checking out the Dolphins roster in year two. They got rid of Tannehill, either Wallace or Hartline and Jarvis Landry, Olivier Vernon, Wheeler and Reshad Jones. None were free agents so they all got cut and weren't replaced either. The 2 qbs on their roster are 66 and 63. It's a terrible roster. I feel the need to leave the Browns and rebuild the Fish. The CPU needs to manage the offsets on much better.
    My vote is for the FISH, bring 'em back to a powerhouse!

I wonder if I take over the team how the scouting points are allocated. Can I take over them before free agency and the draft? How many points would there be is a concern at this point. I'd like to bring myself over with my upgraded scouting.

After a couple of hours with Madden on XBOX1 here are some simple observations vs the PS4 version.

The Xbox1 version seems to have more lighting, the players helmets are more reflective which is nice, you can see the reflections of the stadium in their helmets. The jerseys seem shiny, almost plastic looking, I prefer the look of the PS4 jerseys. Playing at Miami's stadium the press box has reflections on the windows, it's not a HUGE difference, I would just say the XBOX1 version a slight node with regards to lighting and reflections.

As far as game-play I haven't seen a different, not any huge differences. I will say on both systems I use the "enhanced play-call screen". On the PS4 when trying to select a formation it will jump and skip formations can get annoying. It will skip down or past and you have to go back up/down to your formation. However, once inside a formation the skipping seems to not happen.

It seems opposite on the Xbox1, the formation selection seems to work flawlessly but the actual play-call inside the formations has the jumping/skipping. Either way both seem to have an issue with it but again, it's a minor annoying thing.

The Xbox1, I'm still learning, only had it since yesterday. It saves in-game clips. I was playing my son and scored a nice rushing TD, it auto-saves them so you can upload them later. Not sure how/where to go to upload them but that's a cool feature.

I know on the PS4 you can live-stream/share games, I think the same thing on XBOX1 is called "snap" not 100% sure though.

This is something my 6 year old noticed too, which probably is a personal preference, the button layout seems to make more sense on the XBOX1. I don't know how to type this but on the XBOX1 if you want to throw it to your WR on the left-side of the screen it's very intuitive that it will be the left button which is "X", on PS4 that would be the "Square" button but not all the time, it seems like on PS4 the receiver icons will change and move around according to formations, on the XBOX1 it seems like they move around and are intuitive with regards to the controller layout. It "feels" like I can just press the button and throw to the according receiver, on the PS4 it seems like I'll throw to the wrong receiver sometimes as the receiver icons will be swapped. I find myself looking at my controller and thinking, oh, I pressed the wrong button.
    This doesn't happen all the time but this is one "user friendly" thing we both noticed.

I was checking out the Dolphins roster in year two. They got rid of Tannehill, either Wallace or Hartline and Jarvis Landry, Olivier Vernon, Wheeler and Reshad Jones. None were free agents so they all got cut and weren't replaced either. The 2 qbs on their roster are 66 and 63. It's a terrible roster. I feel the need to leave the Browns and rebuild the Fish. The CPU needs to manage the offsets on much better.
    Sadly Rudy, the further you go in dynasty the more you see this. The FA pool is ridiculous and the cpu starters regress quickly due to confidence. The game is so good in some areas and needs so much work in others...

Pet peeve... the QB comparison from this week to last week is clearly broken!!! Every game it reads ZERO across the board for the previous week as compared to today. The worst part is that Nantz comments on the poor play the previous week as your qb had "zero" completions. How this is not tested is beyond me.

The comparisons are usually broken. I think if you use in game saves it always breaks. I have seen it work before. How about the fact EVERY kicker averages 22.3 yards on kickoffs in the stat box.

I'm getting annoyed and bored with Madden. I may take a break and start the Last of Us again. I do want to get Live when I find a deal.

Huge CFM pet peeve. How can the Madden development team make REAL players look fantastic yet at the same time make fake players look like cro-magnon man in 1980's era appearance? Seriously, look at all the rookies every season. They are the same... massive shoulders, huge heads, disproportionate bodies, old school equipment. It's crazy! Is this done on purpose due to concerns of college player likeness??? It is a huge killer of realism IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Huge CFM pet peeve. How can the Madden development team make REAL players look fantastic yet at the same time make fake players look like cro-magnon man in 1980's era appearance? Seriously, look at all the rookies every season. They are the same... massive shoulders, huge heads, disproportionate bodies, old school equipment. It's crazy! Is this done on purpose due to concerns of college player likeness??? It is a huge killer of realism IMO.
    I'm amazed with how many players have the ghost-invisible profile picture. My 6 year old sees those and says, "WOAH another invisible guy!"

I wish we could just take our coach and choose a new job if we wanted it. I get offered extensions by my team and have NO choice but to sign them unlike NCAA dynasty. I liked the idea of taking over the Miami Dolphins but would have liked to transfer my coach with the upgraded scouting package. I have over 20,000 XP points too that I won't use because I don't want it to be easier. I just want my extra scouting points but I can't move to Miami. I can't even ask for my release.

Oh well. Going to continue and scout some draft. I just simmed the rest of the season and finished 12-4 and lost in the Superbowl. That's fine. I have a ton of picks with very little cap room. I franchised Josh Gordon at $13M and then signed nobody as I had only $2M to spend. Lots of picks though starting with the 8th overall and 31st. I really like the 6th and 13th rated players. I have two late second rounders. Will wait on one of them at #8 and if the other slides I will do whatever I can to move up. A stud MLB and RB I want. Still need more time to scout players but I had about 3500 which is a lot. I won't have any issues knowing players I want.

I wish we could just take our coach and choose a new job if we wanted it. I get offered extensions by my team and have NO choice but to sign them unlike NCAA dynasty. I liked the idea of taking over the Miami Dolphins but would have liked to transfer my coach with the upgraded scouting package. I have over 20,000 XP points too that I won't use because I don't want it to be easier. I just want my extra scouting points but I can't move to Miami. I can't even ask for my release.

Oh well. Going to continue and scout some draft. I just simmed the rest of the season and finished 12-4 and lost in the Superbowl. That's fine. I have a ton of picks with very little cap room. I franchised Josh Gordon at $13M and then signed nobody as I had only $2M to spend. Lots of picks though starting with the 8th overall and 31st. I really like the 6th and 13th rated players. I have two late second rounders. Will wait on one of them at #8 and if the other slides I will do whatever I can to move up. A stud MLB and RB I want. Still need more time to scout players but I had about 3500 which is a lot. I won't have any issues knowing players I want.

This is good to know, thanks for passing along the info. I haven't started a franchise yet. I was worried about a couple of things:

- if I want to start a new league/franchise is there a way to make it have all the players active? I understand real-life players are hurt or out of various reasons but, let's say I wanted to take over the Vikings is it an option to have AD on my team? Same goes for the Rams, would I be stuck w/ the back-up QB? (which is not a bad thing, just wanting to know if I can have access to all the players?

- I don't have a favorite NFL team so I kinda wanted to start with one, then build them up, then after a few years transfer or take over another team...sounds like this isn't an option?

There is an option for pre-existing injuries on/off but largely all active players are available. EA just moves the guys off the depth chart and it is easily fixed.

Had a first, playing a play now game with my son, user vs user. Redskins (me) vs Patriots (him) we were in the 3rd quarter 27-14, he went to pick an offensive play and all the play-art disappeared then my 3 plays on defense, all the play-art also disappeared. The game then froze, we let it sit for about 2-3 minutes but nothing more came of it. The music and stadium sounds were still playing in the background.

That's the first time it has happened, eventually we went out to the main menu and "closed" the Madden 15 application that was basically all we could do.

EDIT: So today when I turned on the XBOX 1 it said it had automatically saved the game from yesterday and I would be able to resume it, that's VERY VERY COOL!
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 11-11-2014 at 02:36 PM.

I downloaded Lazor playbookfor Miami and it's really good but a lot of formations are Hidden under Hail Mary. What the heck?

Interesting discussion on the pressrow podcast... has NBA 2K replaced Madden as the #2 sports game (behind FIFA)? While I consider 2k hands down the better game I just don't think I will ever be able to rank a football game below an NBA game.

I think 2K sales are much better considering the overall love of football in the country. The sales are close while Madden should dominate.

I downloaded some new rosters and I'm just not into Madden right now. I really hope they improve the physics and animations.

One thing I tried was the broadcast camera. I really do think Madden looks better side scrolling. The running view is passable but the passing is awful because you can't see anything downfield. If they added a Tecmo style camera where I could see a least 20 yards downfield it would be great.

Formation subs, sliders that work, CPU qbs that don't play exactly the same despite different ratings, getting the ball on the hands of your teammates, CPU qbs not taking stupid sacks on screen and 4 vertical plays and generally seeing team playstyles be different are big areas of improvement. The CPU intelligence is still operating at a ps2 level. And please don't let guards man handle all the DTs on inside run plays please. That can't be fixed with the garbage sliders.

I downloaded some new rosters and I'm just not into Madden right now. I really hope they improve the physics and animations.

One thing I tried was the broadcast camera. I really do think Madden looks better side scrolling. The running view is passable but the passing is awful because you can't see anything downfield. If they added a Tecmo style camera where I could see a least 20 yards downfield it would be great.

Formation subs, sliders that work, CPU qbs that don't play exactly the same despite different ratings, getting the ball on the hands of your teammates, CPU qbs not taking stupid sacks on screen and 4 vertical plays and generally seeing team playstyles be different are big areas of improvement. The CPU intelligence is still operating at a ps2 level. And please don't let guards man handle all the DTs on inside run plays please. That can't be fixed with the garbage sliders.
    So true Rudy. So true. Last night I was just dying to play some NCAA football... but the graphics et. al. I just decided not to. Madden has made some improvement but the game just lacks the "fun factor" and the "interest factor" that games such as NCAA and The Show have.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    So true Rudy. So true. Last night I was just dying to play some NCAA football... but the graphics et. al. I just decided not to. Madden has made some improvement but the game just lacks the "fun factor" and the "interest factor" that games such as NCAA and The Show have.
    That's actually funny because I'm probably one of the biggest self proclaimed graphics whores here when it comes to games.

I surprisingly haven't had any problem with the "old" graphics of NCAA 14. I don't know if I just ignore the dated graphics or I really just don't notice much a difference in them, but I don't have a problem still playing 14. Of course, I'm always busy typing my game summary I to a word document, picking my next play, trying to not screw up on offense or defense, so I'm not particularly paying close attention to the graphics of the stadiums, the crowds or the players as I may when it comes to other games.

#TheScriptIsDead

I gripe about the Show being stale but it's still a much better representation of its sport than Madden. I would love to see the coding of sliders and qb logic. They need to weight the QB logic to throw more to the higher rated receivers. Also, if they can't get bad cpu qbs to make worse decisions than good ones you can still use qb awareness to affect timing. Have bad qbs throw too soon or too late. It will help them look dumb. Right now I don't think cpu qb awareness does a thing. Only accuracy changes things and that us so wrong. I would even accept qb awareness boosting/dropping opposing DB coverage skills so you can at least see a results difference.

It would be nice to get a psn NCAA 14 on my ps4. I no longer have my ps3. But I may also be a graphics whore and not want it. Don't know.