Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden 15 Retail Impressions (PS4/XBox One)

• Facebook
  • Display

Madden 15 Retail Impressions (PS4/XBox One)

Post them here...

P.S. I love how the game starts... awesome scenario!

So just some running commentary based on 30 minutes with the game (in practise mode)...

1. I concur that the NEW play calling screen is as clunky as hell.
    2. the camera options are truly excellent and so easy to access
    3. the player/stadium visuals are fantastic!
    4. the game feels different for sure (in the sense of gameplay)
    5. playing around with the defensive tackling will take some time to get used to

Looking forward to playing this more later.

Happy Madden Day!
    The dude abides.

Another hour wait for me. Some one is picking up my copy from best buy.

Happy Madden Day as well!!

I plaid the 6 day trail thing. Everything so far looked great in each game mode. Graphically it looked awesome. presentation is well improved but not great yet. It's getting there. I just hope hopefully in the next madden or so that Superstar gets more work on the next madden.

It's really important to do the kicking and defense skills trainer. There are a lot of great tips in there. Kicking is very easy once you get it and yes, the D actually is a lot of fun.

I take back my punting comment. In game it is actually very challenging as the arc disappears quickly. I have shanked a few. As well, the wind does impact your kicks in a major way.

So I played my first full game versus the cpu on ALL PRO. I played as Washington @ Minnesota in snow/wind. I would recommend for your first game you NOT play in the snow as it is a lot more challenging to see the field. Anyways, I got roughed up pretty good and lost 13-0.

I turned FATIGUE and INJURIES to 65 respectively and turned the gameplay to SLOW. TO me slow feels right but it is faster than last years slow. I am also using the standard camera but I did a lot of player lock. Dline player lock is somewhat boring but it is a lot of fun to player lock as a LB. Lining up your hit on a player can be a real challenge and I missed a number of them.

Game stats:

Passing:
    Cassel 10/13 106 yards 1 td
    Griffin III 10/16 84 yards 1 int.

** cpu accuracy and perfect passes are the norm. I only saw one poor pass that was thrown behind a reciever. Every other pass was pretty much perfect. Plus, the cpu never went deep. Every pass was within 15 yards of the L.O.S.

Running:
    Peterson 15/96 6.4ypc
    Morris 5/11 2.2ypc
    Asiata 4/4 1ypc
    Helu Jr. 1/5 5ypc

If you have a strong RB and a good line you will get a lot of yards. However, running to the outside is a bad idea. Expect to lose a lot of yards if you do that. Also, n the case of Minny, backup RB's are not very good.

Receiving:

TE Jordan Reed 5 rec 52 yards
    TE Kyle Rudolph 4 rec 39 yards

Since most passes are short, it seems as though the cpu hits the tight end more than anyone else. One thing that bother me is that MY receivers NEVER fought for the ball versus the DB's. Not once! There were less ridiculous DB interceptions but the WR still does not do anything to go for the ball.

Well, it appears that the challenge system is still broken. In my 2nd game Morris fumbles and the replay clearly shows he loses the ball before he hits the ground yet the play is reversed. I do however like the new visual which shows the ref checking out the replay.

I would love to see 2k's system which allowed you to choose what would be challenged (and it worked!).

My experiment for game two featured Washington @ Seattle (in their classic 1980's unis... please bring them back!!!)

This game scares me upon reflection. I (Seattle) won 6-0. The game had great defense as advertised but my concerns stem from the stats. For the most part Seattles stats are good.

Wilson 13/21 116 yards
    Lynch 18/84 4.6 ypc

However, the Washington numbers are scary.

RGIII 4/6 14 yards
    Morris 5/12 2.4 ypc

Washington had -3 yards of total offense compared to 165 for Seattle.
    Washington had 2 first downs compared to Seattle's 15.
    Washington had 7:04 possession compared to Seattle's 16:53.

For All Pro settings I am very surprised to see that weak an offensive performance.

Looking at the game the sliders will need some love. My focus next will be:

1. auto subs
    2. cpu passing
    3. OL blocking

P.S. Don't expect to many penalties... in two games I have seen one penalty and it was my fault (a late hit) as I hit the button by mistake.

Jaymo, from what I've read all-pro will be best for most. Just need to tweak sliders to help CPU since robo QB is supposedly bad on all Madden which has always been an issue. I still see the CPU underthrowing deep balls when they do (from videos).

The funny thing is the CPU QB's looked dumb in the TGT videos I have seen so you confirming this on all pro makes sense. Haven't read many similar complaints on OS though.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I turned FATIGUE and INJURIES to 65 respectively and turned the gameplay to SLOW. TO me slow feels right but it is faster than last years slow.
    I feel like the Game Speed (even on SLOW) increases on higher difficulties. Personally, I'd like a separate speed option for the kick meter. I don't mind how the game plays on higher difficulty, but hate how fast the kick meter goes.

Anyone on PS4 noticing that sometimes that what you are trying to select 'skips' past it? I'm seeing it on menus (not front end) mainly.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Anyone on PS4 noticing that sometimes that what you are trying to select 'skips' past it? I'm seeing it on menus (not front end) mainly.
    That happened when I played the PS3 version

I figured it was my controller though.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    That happened when I played the PS3 version

I figured it was my controller though.
    I haven't tried my other PS4 controller, so I am hoping that is it. However, I don't have this issue with other games.....

I haven't tried my other PS4 controller, so I am hoping that is it. However, I don't have this issue with other games.....
    I also haven't had the issue with any other games. Played NCAA lastnight and I wasn't skipping over any selections in that game with same controller.

Yep... it definitely happens to me. It's most noticeable when you have to type something in-game (ex. naming a coach).

A few more observtions ( I played until 4AM last night and my wife was PO'd this morning .

1. The commentary is very stale and only minimally improved over last year. many of Simms annoying lines still play. Nantz says "it was a game we'll always remember," after most games. In many circumstances the commentary will be incorrect (referring to wrong team, wrong type of play, wrong result, etc.). The QB intros are cool but they will get very repetitive in CFM.

2. Stealing game tempo from NCAA was an excellent move by Madden. It works great and is easy to turn on and off. However, I am unaware if the cpu teams use it. It seems like they do not IMO.

3. Wind definitely impacts kicks this year. I really don't know if it impacts passing. It didn't seem like it but more testing is required. Kicking can also be pretty challenging at times.

4. I am considering turning off the previous play info/images. The screen is cluttered yes but there is just so much info coming at you. I am also using suggestions for play calls because I find if you use formations or concepts it is so slow to move between screens. I like how you are told of key information about a play/defense/offense but the way it's presented is very awkward.

5. Day games, clear, windy, snowy and night games all look beautiful. Rain games not so much. Plus uni degradation is extreme in the rain. Playing as Cleveland @ TB, in the 4th Hoyer's uni was so dirty that I could not even see his number six on his back. Outside games are really nice but domes are very dull in comparison.

P.S. Awkward... my first Madden 15 TD pass... was thrown by Manziel... damn!

Right off top, love the game. Plays completely different than PS3 Madden 25 and 15.

I didn't get 25 for PS4 last year so can only compare to PS3 one.

Love the game and I'm not one of those people who likes a game then 4-5 weeks later hates it. As long as it's better and had things improve that I was looking for (Gameplay), then I'm excited.

Playcall screen is very annoying as I figured it would be. Way too much clutter. I like looking at my plays horizontally as well, not vertically. I don't need to know if the play worked and how much yards it got, or the concept of the play or the % it was used. All of that is useless to me. I've been playing this game for a good part of my life, I know the concepts.

A turn off or traditional option would be nice. It takes entirely too much time to select "PAT Attempt" or FG or Punt than it should. That I always end up hitting coach suggestions.

However I can get use to it, just may be difficult switching back and forth from NCAA to this.

I lowered hum cpu acc to 35 and RGIII passed at 61%. However, I lowered the cpu all the way down to 20 and Cassel went 7/8 for 94 yards. I just don't know if cpu acc can be addressed through sliders. I also lowered the wr catch to 45 but I may go the other way as regardless of the pass, WR DO NOT COME BACK TO THE BALL, NOR FIGHT FOR IT UNLESS USER CONTROLLED! If that could be addressed this game would be over the top IMO.

Auto subs seem to work pretty well in play now. Let's hope that transfers over to CFM.

A few other things:

1. Madden moments are a blast!
    2. Skills trainer takes well over an hour to complete but it's well worth it.
    3. The gauntlet... meh... doesn't do it for me but if you like mini games it will be fun.

Playing around with sliders and I haven't really found them to be very effective. I have also decided to move penalty sliders back to 50 (default). I swear the game plays different once you move them. Versus Adrian Peterson he tore me up on default but when I changed penalty sliders he averged 3 yards er carry. I guess gameplay and penalty sliders are still together?