Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB The Show: Smooth Pancakes' Shortstop RTTS Career

• Facebook
  • Display
    Does TGT have you set up in the ON AIR feature? I'm not home so I figured I'd watch, if I can find it there.

No, I need to ask in the Feedback thread. I'll post a link here when I start streaming.

Alright, going to be starting the stream shortly.

http://www.twitch.tv/smoothpancakes1

Well, the big anticipated showdown between Goose Anderson and the San Antonio Missions went from a fireworks show to a sparkler. The scores of the three game series:

Tulsa 6, San Antonio 4
    Tulsa 7, San Antonio 3 (thanks to a 5 run 8th inning and all 7 runs coming in the 7th and 8th innings)
    San Antonio 3, Tulsa 2

As for Goose, almost a no show this series. Goose ended up sitting the bench in the first game of the series, coming off to pinch hit for the pitcher in the 5th inning. Stepping in as the leadoff batter for the Drillers in the inning, Goose would take a swing at the second pitch, sending it high and deep to center field, but it would end up caught for an out just ahead of the warning track. That would be Goose's only at-bat in the game, ending 0-1 for the day.

Goose would return to the starting lineup at shortstop and leadoff batter for the second game of the series. A second pitch swing would result in a groundout to the second baseman, getting the day off to a slow start. Returning to the plate in the bottom of the third inning, after working his way to a 2-0 count with both pitches just off the plate, Goose would take a crack at a pitch down the middle of the plate, but he would end up flying out to deep left field for the second out of the inning. Returning with two outs in the bottom of the fifth inning, it would be a one pitch fly out to the left fielder to end the inning, leaving Goose hitless through three at-bats.

His next chance would come in eighth inning as he would lead things off. After working another 2-0 count out of the pitcher, Goose would rocket a pitch back at the mound, ricocheting the ball of the pitcher's ankle and toward the first base line. Goose would reach first base before the catcher could get to the ball, good for an infield single. A one out walk to Corey Dickerson would advance Goose to second base and put two runners on for David Dahl. He would send the first pitch through the gap to right field for a single to load the bases with one out. After a pitching change, Drew Garcia would step in, he would send a 1-2 pitch into right center field for a two RBI single, scoring Goose and giving Tulsa a 4-3 lead.

A single by Rafael Ynoa would score Dahl from third. Following a fly out by Ryan Casteel, Jayson Langfels was able to draw a two walk from the new pitcher to load the bases once more. Brandon Barnes would pinch hit for the pitcher, singling to center field to score both Garcia and Ynoa and extend Tulsa's lead to 7-3. Goose would come up for the second time of the eighth inning as Tulsa successfully batted around the order. Goose led off the inning and would proceed to end the inning as he'd get caught chasing a slider outside to commit his first strikeout of his career. That would be Goose's last at-bat of the game, ending 1-5 for the day with a single and a run scored.

The third game of the series would also see Goose riding the bench for the game, coming off the pine in the bottom of the seventh inning with runners on first and third and one out. Unloading on a first pitch strike, Goose would send it deep to left field for a sacrifice fly to score the tying run from third to even the score up at 2-2 before Tulsa would give the lead back in the top of the ninth inning. Goose officially ended the game 0-0 at the plate with a sac fly and an RBI.

For the series as a whole, Goose would end up with a .167 average, going 1-6 with a single, a sac fly, one run scored and an RBI, along with one strikeout. Thankfully, Goose will be seeing San Antonio again in just a couple days as Tulsa hits the road for a pair of three game series, with stops at Corpus Christi and at San Antonio.

The video of the entire three game series: http://www.twitch.tv/smoothpancakes1/b/553971674
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-02-2014 at 09:18 PM.

I tried to warn you Smooth. That San Antonio Missions pitching staff is solid. As for the stream it was very clear with no drops. You should have no problem using that setting moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I tried to warn you Smooth. That San Antonio Missions pitching staff is solid. As for the stream it was very clear with no drops. You should have no problem using that setting moving forward.

Hey now, I did have some pretty good shots against those guys! If I had my power rating up a bit more, that pinch hit shot in the first game very well could have gone out for a home run. My second at bat in the second game could have had a chance as well. And my pinch hit at bat in the third game had a shot of going out if I had a higher power rating. So I could have unloaded on them if I had more power behind my bat. I'm looking forward to the trip to San Antonio in a couple days. Goose should be much stronger by then.

It's sad that San Antonio and Tulsa are in opposite divisions. They play twice in two weeks the first two weeks of the season, then place twice after the All-Star break, at the end of July and a week later in early August. And that's it. Those are the only games they have against each other.

Edit - And sounds good about the stream! I think in that case I'll go ahead and stream each series then. I'll post beforehand that I'm streaming the series and still give the text recap of the series, but I'll also include a link to the stream video afterwards in the series recaps for anyone who couldn't watch it live.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-02-2014 at 10:42 PM.

Missed the stream, unfortunately. I'll have to add you as a Follow so I can check it out at some point.

I do like that you guys are using the pics to help tell the story. I've just been too lazy at this point and I'm so close to finishing the full 162 in my first season of my Franchise that I just want to play the damn games.

That said, hopefully I'll un-lazy myself enough to post some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Missed the stream, unfortunately. I'll have to add you as a Follow so I can check it out at some point.

I do like that you guys are using the pics to help tell the story. I've just been too lazy at this point and I'm so close to finishing the full 162 in my first season of my Franchise that I just want to play the damn games.

That said, hopefully I'll un-lazy myself enough to post some pics.
    Yeah, after seeing JB use some pics in his RTTS, I wanted to do the same, at least for my first game if anything, get a pic of my first career at-bat, my first career hit, etc. I'll probably try to snap some pics of my first career double, home run, all that good stuff.

As for my RTTS, I'm hoping to kick off my series with Corpus Christi here in an hour or so. Need to run over to my sister's place real quick, maybe by 7pm EST, 8pm at the latest I hope to have the series kicked off. I'll be streaming it again, so I'll post the link when I go live. Since Jaymo said the stream ran pretty good last night on medium settings for the San Antonio Series, I plan on streaming each series. I'll probably do what I did last night, keep the stream live for the entire series, from the first game to the last game, then shut the stream down until my next series. Keep the videos split up from series to series for easy watching.

And away we go! Time to see if Tulsa can improve on their 2-4 record with a three game series at Corpus Christi.

Next up for Goose and the Tulsa Drillers, were the Corpus Christi Hooks. The Hooks feasted on the Drillers last time, sweeping the opening series and dominating Tulsa by the score of 26-4. Tulsa would put up a better fight this time, but it would still be the Hooks prevailing in the end.

Corpus Christi 7, Tulsa 0
    Tulsa 5, Corpus Christi 2
    Corpus Christi 3, Tulsa 2 F/10

Goose would return to the starting lineup this series after sitting on the bench for two of the three games the previous series against San Antonio. Leading off the order in the first game, Goose would start things off in the top of the first, sending a 1-1 pitch back toward the mound and up the gap into center field for a single. After a strikeout by Jason Pridie, Corey Dickerson would step in and send an 0-2 pitch at the shortstop for an easy double play to end the inning. Returning to the plate with two outs in the top of the third inning, Goose would fall behind 0-2 early on, eventually working his way back to a 2-2 count before popping the ball straight up in front of the pitcher's mound. His next chance would come in the top of the sixth inning, again falling behind 0-2 before flying out to deep left field in the corner. Goose would lead things off in the top of the eighth inning, but he would pop up a first pitch strike to the shortstop for a quick, uneventful at-bat. Goose's final stats for the game, he would end up 1-4 with a single.

The bad performance in the first game would cost Goose as he would get knocked out of the top spot in the lineup, instead batting fifth in the order for the second game of the series. He would step in for his first at-bat in the top of the second inning, sending an 0-2 pitch flying down the right field line for a lead off, stand up double, the first double of his career. Drew Garcia would send a pitch up the middle, with a diving shortstop the only thing keeping it from going into center field. Garcia would beat out the throw to first while Goose would advance to third to put runners on the corners with no outs. After an out by Brandon Barnes that would leave runners on second and third, Harold Riggans would dig in but proceed to strikeout, leaving two outs in the inning. The inning would end without event as Jackson Williams would fly out to left field. Returning to the plate in the top of the fourth inning with a runner on second and no outs, Goose would send an 0-1 pitch down the first base line just out of reach of the first baseman, good for an RBI single as the runner from second would come around to score, evening the game up at 1-1. Drew Garcia would draw a full count walk to move Goose over to second, putting two runners on with no outs. Brandon Barnes would return to the plate, working a 3-0 count from the pitcher, before fouling off multiple pitches. He would eventually work out a full count walk on a controversial checked swing, loading the bases with no outs. Harold Riggans would come up to bat and unload on a 1-1 pitch to send it down the third base line into deep left field, clearing the bases with a three RBI double to give Tulsa a 4-1 lead. The Drillers would score another run and take a commanding 5-1 lead. Returning to the plate in the top of the fifth inning, Goose would step in with one out, but would ground out to the first baseman on the second pitch. Goose's next at-bat would come in the top of the eighth inning as he would lead things off. After falling behind 0-2 in the count, Goose would battle back before popping out to the third baseman on the fifth pitch of the at-bat. That would be the end of the day at the plate for Goose, as he would end with a .500 average, going 2-4 with a double and a single, one run and an RBI.

The rubber match of the series would see Goose return to the lead off spot in the batting order. Coming to the plate in the top of the first inning, Goose would take a first pitch strike and send it back at the pitcher's head and on up the middle into center field for a single to open the game. A five pitch walk to Jason Pridie would move Goose over to second base and put two runners on to start the game. Corey Dickerson would fly out to deep center field, Goose tagging up and taking off for third base to put runners on the corners with one out. Unfortunately Goose would be responsible for the inning ending, as David Dahl would line out to the shortstop on a 2-0 count. Goose thought the ball was going to go over the shortstop's head and didn't get back to third base in time after the catch, caught off the base for a double play to end the inning. Returning to the batter's box in the top of the second inning with two outs and runners on first and second, Goose would be unable to capitalize as he would send a 1-1 pitch on the ground at the second baseman for the final out. Goose's next at-bat would lead off the top of the fifth inning, but he would ground out to the shortstop on the second pitch for an out. Goose would get another shot in the top of the seventh inning, stepping in with a runner on first and one out, but he would send a 1-0 pitch to straight away center field for a fly out. His final at-bat would come in the top of the ninth inning, coming to the plate with one out and runners on second and third in a tied 1-1 ballgame. Unloading on a first pitch strike, Goose would send it to deep left field for a sacrifice fly, scoring the runner from third and giving Tulsa a 2-1 lead.

Unfortunately, instead of bringing in the game-winning RBI, our pitching staff would let the team down as Tyler Matzek came in to close in the bottom of the inning. After getting the first two batters out, Matzek would walk Enrique Hernandez before giving up an RBI double to Delino De Shields, tying the game back up and sending us to extra innings. Corey Dickerson and David Dahl would both go two up and two down with strikeouts to start the tenth inning, before a pair of singles by Drew Garcia and Brandon Barnes would put runners on first and second with two outs. Harold Riggans would force a walk out of the pitcher to load the bases, but Ryan Casteel would be unable to drive any runs in, called out on strikes to end the top half of the inning. Leading off the bottom of the inning for the Hooks, M.P. Cokinos would draw a walk, advancing to second base on a sacrifice bunt by Jiovanni Mier. Preston Tucker would put runners on the corners after singling to center field and only one out in the inning. Tucker would be responsible for the second out as he attempted to steal second base, only to get thrown out, leaving just Cokinos standing at third. It wouldn't much matter as Tyler Heineman would step in at the plate with two outs and send the ball into left field for an RBI double, giving Corpus Christi the extra innings win. Final stats for Goose, he ended up going 1-4 with a single and an RBI off of a sacrifice fly.

Final stats for Goose in the entire series, he ended up going 4-12 for a .333 average, hitting three singles and a double, had a sacrifice fly, scored one run and drove in two RBIs.

That sets up the next series for the Tulsa Drillers, a road trip to take on the San Antonio Missions. Both teams are off to poor starts to the season as they both enter with 3-6 records.

The video of the entire three game series: http://www.twitch.tv/smoothpancakes1/b/554291893

Hoping to start the San Antonio series in the next hour or two. Also hoping to get through a couple of series tonight. Have a three game series at San Antonio, then Tulsa start's division play at home with a four game series against NW Arkansas, the last place team in the TL North. Hoping to get through both series tonight, that'll get me up to an off day on Sunday, April 20th.

And away we go! Tulsa travels to take on those spawns of Satan, the San Antonio Missions.

After a dominating first game that saw an absolute explosion of offense, the Tulsa Drillers would go back into their shell for games 2 and 3, resulting in them losing their second straight series and third of their first four series to start the season.

Tulsa 17, San Antonio 5
    San Antonio 4, Tulsa 2
    San Antonio 6, Tulsa 2

For some reason, the manager really has a hard on for keeping Goose out of the lineup against San Antonio. He would end up riding the bench in game one, coming off to pinch hit for the pitcher in the top of the eighth inning. After taking a first pitch strike, fouling off two pitches and taking a third pitch ball, the pitcher would get Goose to take a swing on an inside pitch for a 5-pitch strikeout. Final stats for Goose, 0-1. No idea how the runs were scored, but Tulsa unloaded all over San Antonio, scoring 5 runs in the fourth inning, 3 in the fifth inning, 2 in the sixth inning, 3 in the eighth inning and 4 in the ninth inning for a 12 run ass whooping.

The second game of the series would see Goose return to the lineup in the lead off position. Strolling up to the plate for his first at-bat, Goose would line an 0-2 pitch up the middle into deep center field for a stand up double. His time on base would be short however as Jason Pridie swung at the first pitch and flied out to center field. Goose tagged up and tried to take third base, but a rocket to the cut-off man and a quick throw to third base would just barely beat Goose to the bag for a double play. Returning to the plate in the top in the third inning with two outs and no one on, Goose would swing at a first pitch strike and send it down the first base line into right field for a sliding double, his second of the game. Jason Pridie would send a 2-2 pitch up the middle, the second baseman diving and stopping the ball, but unable to make the throw to first to leave runners on the corners, Goose standing at third. Corey Dickerson would come to the plate next, working his way to a 1-2 count with a couple of foul balls mixed in. Unfortunately the base running miscues would bite Goose in the ass again, as he would get caught taking a little bit too big of a lead, ending up picked off by Matt Wisler at third base for the final out of the inning. Goose's next at-bat, leading off the top of the sixth inning, would see him send a 1-0 pitch back at the pitcher as a softly hit ground ball for the first out.

Goose would return to the plate for his final at-bat of the game, leading off the top of the ninth inning. Despite falling behind 0-2 after swinging and missing at a 12-6 curveball and taking a fastball high and on the outer edge for a strike, Goose would find a way to get on base as he would send a 1-2 pitch back at the pitcher's mound and into center field for a single. Jason Pridie would send the first pitch he saw into shallow left field for a single, moving Goose up to second base. Corey Dickerson would draw a six pitch walk out of Wisler to load the bases, Wisler clearly suffering from fatigue after throwing 110 pitches into the ninth inning. That would be the end of the day for Wisler, as San Antonio would go to the bullpen. Bobby LaFromboise would come on to relieve Wisler, but David Dahl would immediately pounce on him, sending the first pitch down the third base line and into left field for a two RBI single. That would be all the Drillers would get however as Rosell Herrera would strike out and Rafael Ynoa would ground out to the first baseman to end the game. Final stats for Goose, 3-4 with two doubles and a single, his first ever three hit game, as well as one run. Terrible day on the bases however as he got thrown out while trying to take third after tagging up on a fly ball in the first inning, and got picked off at third to end the third inning.

The rubber match of the series would see Goose moved down in the order, now batting third in the lineup. It is unknown at this time if the coaches are just taking advantage of the great previous game at the plate and putting Goose into a slot to create potential RBIs, or if they are punishing him for his horrible performance on the bases last game. Goose would get off to a rough start in the game, coming to the plate in the first inning with two outs, sending a first pitch strike to deep left center for a fly out. Last game Goose made multiple miscues on the bases, this game those miscues would come in the field, starting in the bottom of the second inning, as Goose would field a slow rolling two out ground ball but fail to get a throw off to first base until after the runner had already crossed the bag. The scorer would tag Goose with an error on the play and the inning would remain alive. Returning to the plate to lead off the fourth inning, Goose would again fly out as he would send a 1-1 meter to deep right field for the first out of the inning. Bottom of the fourth inning, it would be another miscue in the field for Goose with no outs and a runner on first, as a potential double play would be ruined when Goose would fail to release the ball on a throw to second base, resulting in a second error in the game on Goose and runners on first and second with no outs. *Editor's note - After this second error, the game was paused and Throw Cancelling was officially turned off* Unfortunately it wouldn't help on the next play as Goose would fail to properly grab a slow rolling ground ball in the grass with his glove, allowing the bases to load up with one out, though thankfully it didn't result from an error. Those mistakes by Goose would come back to bite Tulsa as a single into right field by Alex Dickerson would bring home two runs to give San Antonio a 5-0 lead.

Coming back up to bat in the top of the sixth inning, Goose would send a first pitch strike into the gap in right-center field, the ball bouncing all the way to the wall to give Goose a stand up double. The cut-off man would fail to catch the throw in from the center fielder, the ball bouncing off his glove and back onto the field, allowing Goose to take off running and advance to third base on the error. David Dahl would send a pitch into center field for a fly out, but Goose didn't have enough time to tag up and run home before the throw came in, forced to stay on third base and wait. Drew Garcia would stand in next, lining a 2-2 pitch into left-center field for an RBI double, scoring Goose from the third to make the score 5-1, eventually 5-2 before the end of the inning. Goose would return to the plate the very next inning, stepping into the box with one out in the top of the seventh, curving a 1-2 pitch down the left field line, the ball rolling all the way into the corner in foul territory, for a sliding double. A fly out by David Dahl would leave Goose still stuck on second base with now two outs. Drew Garcia would step in next. After taking a ball with the first pitch, the 1-0 throw would get behind the catcher, allowing Goose to take third base on the wild pitch. After fouling off multiple pitches with a full count, Garcia would eventually ground out to the second baseman, leaving Goose stranded at third. Goose would step in for his final at-bat of the series with one out in the ninth inning and a runner on first, blooping a 1-0 pitch into shallow left field for a single. David Dahl would end the game however as he would send the first pitch he saw to the second baseman for a game-ending double play. Final stats for Goose, 3-5 with two doubles and a single, one run scored and two errors committed.

Series stats, the Drillers lose another series, dropping two of three to the Missions. Thanks to a 17 run first game win, Tulsa would outscore San Antonio for the series, 21-15. Final series stats for Goose, he went on a hot streak at the plate, ending 6-10 for a .600 average, hitting four doubles and two singles and scoring two runs. On the negative side of things, he would get thrown out trying to take third base after tagging on a fly ball and he'd get picked off at third during the second game, and he'd commit two errors in the field during the third game.

Next up for the Drillers, it's the start of intradivision games as the Drillers return home to face the Northwest Arkansas Naturals. Both Tulsa and NW Arkansas are tied for last in the division with matching 4-8 records.

The video of the entire three game series: http://www.twitch.tv/smoothpancakes1/b/554370500

The Tulsa Drillers would start intradivision play against the NW Arkansas Naturals. It'd be a rough series for the Drillers and a short series for Goose.

NW Arkansas 3, Tulsa 1
    Tulsa 3, NW Arkansas 1
    NW Arkansas 8, Tulsa 2
    NW Arkansas 9, Tulsa 8

The first game of the series would go by without an appearance by Goose, as he would sit out of the game for a day of rest.

The second game of the series, Goose would return to the lineup, but batting fifth this time. Goose would step in for his first at-bat in the bottom of the first inning with two outs and runners on first and third. Despite the RBI opportunity, Goose would send an 0-1 pitch to deep left field for a fly out to end the inning. Returning to the plate in the bottom of the fourth inning with one out, it would be a very poor at-bat, as Goose would foul off two straight pitches, before swinging and missing at a knuckle curve to strike out for the second out of the inning. Batting with two outs and a runner on first in the bottom of the sixth inning, but he would ultimately ground out to end the inning. Goose would step in for his last at-bat of the game in the bottom of the ninth inning with no outs and a runner on first. He would drive a 1-0 pitch into center field for a single. Jason Pridie advanced to second on the hit and started to round to go to third, but abruptly pulled up and returned to second base. Failing to catch the hold up by Pridie, Goose didn't see that second base was still occupied until already around first and on his way to second. Goose quickly put on the brakes and tried to retreat to first base, but a strong and accurate throw by the cut-off man would see Goose end up gunned down at first base for an out. Despite the screw up by Goose, Tulsa would still pull out a win with a three run home run by Taylor Featherston for the 3-1 win. Final stats for Goose, a pitiful 1-4 with a single and a strikeout.

The third game of the series would see Goose return to the lead off spot in the lineup. Coming to bat in the bottom of the first inning, Goose would pick up where he left off last game, grounding an 0-2 pitch in the gap on the right side and into right field for a single. His time on base would be short lived however as Jason Pridie would send a first pitch strike on the ground at the first baseman, resulting in Goose being thrown out at second base. Goose's next at-bat would lead off the bottom of the third inning, but he would end up flying out to right field. He would step in next with one out in the bottom of the fifth inning, but it would be a quick at-bat as he would send a first pitch ground ball straight at the second baseman for the second out. Goose would return to the plate with two outs in the bottom of the seventh inning and a runner on second. It would be a poor at-bat for Goose as he would end the inning with a 5 pitch strikeout, swinging and missing at a change-up. That would be Goose's final at-bat of the game as he would watch the game end in the bottom of the ninth inning from the on-deck circle. Final stats for Goose, he would end with another poor 1-4 performance, ending with one single and a strikeout.

The fourth game would see another no show by Goose as he would get another day off to rest.

Final series stats for Goose, playing in just two out of the four games, his hot streak would clearly come to an end as he would end a pitiful 2-8 for a .250 average with two singles and two strikeouts.

The video of the entire four game series: http://www.twitch.tv/smoothpancakes1/b/554763387

Looking to start the next series, a road trip against the Arkansas Travelers, sometime in next 15 minutes.

As always, it'll be streamed live. http://www.twitch.tv/smoothpancakes1

Tulsa would hit the road for a late April trip to take on the Arkansas Travelers. It would be a horrible series for Tulsa and a poor series for Goose.

Arkansas 7, Tulsa 3
    Arkansas 4, Tulsa 3
    Arkansas 10, Tulsa 5
    Arkansas 10, Tulsa 9 F/13

The first game of the series, Goose would lead things off as he would draw a first pitch ball. After fouling off three straight pitches and taking a ball high and inside for a 2-2 count, Goose would lay on a change up down the middle of the strike zone and send it flying out to right-center field, the ball carrying out of the yard for Goose's first career home run. He would return to the plate in the top of the second inning, stepping in with one out and runners on first and second. Swinging at a second pitch strike, Goose seemingly hit into an inning ending double play with a grounder at the second baseman, but the shortstop would rush his throw to first and throw it high over the first baseman's head, giving Goose first base after an official ruling of a fielder's choice. Goose would step in at the plate again in the top of the fourth inning with two outs and a runner on second. He would send a first pitch strike through the gap and into left field for a single, but the inning would come to an end as the runner on second got thrown out trying to score at home on the play. Coming up for another at-bat in the top of the seventh inning, it would be a poor at-bat for Goose as he would send an 0-1 pitch down the first base line for a groundout. His last at-bat, with one out in the top of the ninth, would be equally as bad, popping out to the third baseman. Final stats for Goose, he'd end up 2-5 with a home run and a single, as well as an RBI and a run scored.

The second game of the series, Goose would step in to lead things off once more. It would be an unproductive at-bat as he would send a 1-1 pitch at the shortstop for the first out. Returning to the plate in the top of the third inning with one out, Goose would swing at a first pitch strike and proceed to fly out to the left fielder at the warning track. Top of the fifth inning with no outs, Goose would enter the batter's box, driving an 0-1 pitch into the gap in right-center field, the ball rolling all the way to the wall. Despite having a stand up double, Goose would try and stretch it into a triple, only to get gunned down at third as the center fielder and cut-off man would both throw accurate rockets to get the ball in and beat Goose to the bag. He would officially end up with a double, thrown out trying to advance in the scorer's book. Batting with two outs in the top of the seventh inning, Goose would pop out to the pitcher to end the inning. Goose would come up for his last at-bat of the game, stepping in with two outs and the bases loaded, Tulsa trailing 3-2. This would not be a storybook at-bat, as Goose would swing at a first pitch strike and send it up the middle, the shortstop able to kill the ball at the edge of the outfield, but he was unable to pick it up, allowing Goose to reach first base and bring in the RBI from third. The scorer would officially rule the play an error on the shortstop with an RBI for Goose. Despite still having the bases loaded, Jason Pridie would line out to the first baseman to end the top of the ninth, and Arkansas would go on to score the winning run in the bottom of the inning. Final stats for Goose, 1-5 with a double and an RBI hit on an error in the ninth. Goose would also end with an error after a bad throw to first on a ground ball in the bottom of the sixth inning would pull the first baseman off the bag.

The third game of the series would see Goose open things up with another career first, this time drawing his first ever walk on four straight pitches as the starting pitcher for Arkansas was a little wild early on. To be fair, the pitcher did get shafted by the umpire on the fourth ball call, as the pitch ended up well inside the outer bottom corner of the strike zone. But nonetheless, it was a lead off walk. After an 8 pitch strikeout by Jason Pridie, Corey Dickerson would step in and draw a full count walk to put runners on first and second with one out. David Dahl would hit a ground ball to the second baseman, resulting in Dickerson being thrown out, but Dahl would beat the throw to first to leave runners on the corners with two outs. Brandon Barnes would come to the plate next and send a full count pitch into right-center field, just out of the reach of the diving right fielder for a two RBI triple, scoring both Goose and Dahl. It would be a terrible inning for Arkansas' starting pitcher as he would end up throwing 31 pitches in the first inning alone. Goose would return to the plate in the second inning, stepping in with two outs and no one on base, but he would line out to the first baseman to end the inning. Coming back up to bat in the top of the fifth inning with no outs and a runner on second, Goose would ground out to the second baseman. Goose would step back in with two outs and a runner on first in the top of the seventh inning. Despite hitting what should have been a single into right field, the play was judged an error on the right fielder after he failed to catch the ball at his ankles, costing Goose a hit. Jason Pridie would then ground out to end the inning. Getting one last chance at the plate in the top of the ninth inning with no outs and no one on, he would end up flying out to the left fielder on the warning track on a hit that came within feet of going yard. Thanks to the should have been single ruled an error, Goose would end up officially hitless for the game and would lose his six game hitting streak. Final stats for Goose, 0-4 with a walk and a would-be single ruled an error on the right fielder.

The final game of the series, Goose would be moved out of the lead off spot and instead bat fifth this game. Coming up to bat in the first inning with two outs and a runner on first, Goose would send the first pitch he saw into right-center field for a single that would move Dahl from first to third. Nothing would come of it however as Rafael Ynoa would ground out to the shortstop. Returning to the plate in the third inning with two outs and a runner on first, Goose would end up flying out to left field to end the inning. Coming back to bat the very next inning, stepping in with two outs and runners on first and third in the top of the fourth, Goose would lay down a soft dribbler right in front of home plate, the catcher rushing out, picking up and winging the ball to first. Instead of it being the final out of the inning, the catcher would make an errant throw that would pull the first baseman off of the bag, allowing Goose to reach base safely, and also allowing the runner from third to score for an RBI, the play officially ruled an error on the catcher. Inexplicably, that would be the second RBI of the series for Goose on a two out play that came via an error by Arkansas. Goose would make it to second base after a hit up the middle by Rafael Ynoa, but a groundout by Brandon Barnes would end the inning. Tulsa would explode for 6 runs that inning, taking a 7-2 lead. Unfortunately, Tulsa's crap pitchers would instantly erase that lead as Arkansas would score four runs in the bottom of the fourth to cut the lead to 7-6. Goose would lead off the sixth inning, but would pop out to the first baseman in foul territory. Leading off the top of the eighth inning in a tied 7-7 ballgame, Goose would send a first pitch strike over the pitcher's head and into center field for a lead off single. Rafael Ynoa would come up next and send an 0-1 pitch down the left field line. Taking the gamble, Goose would round second and head for third, just beating the throw from the left fielder to the bag, while Ynoa would end up with a double, putting runners on second and third with no outs. A full count walk to Brandon Barnes would load the bases. Harold Riggans would step in next, sending a 2-1 pitch at the shortstop and grounding into a double play, but it would be enough to score Goose from third and give Tulsa an 8-7 lead. A two out home run by Corey Dickerson in the top of the ninth would make that lead 9-7, but our pitchers would screw us over again, giving up a two out, two RBI single to tie the game and send us to extra innings. Goose would lead off the top of the tenth inning, but would fly out to left field. After both teams squandered scoring chances in the eleventh inning, Goose would return to the plate with one out in the twelfth inning, but he would fly out to center field for the second out. After going into the bottom of the thirteenth inning, a one out, bases loaded single would be the game winner for Arkansas, as Tulsa again pissed away victory and dropped their sixth straight game, falling to 5-15 on the season. Final stats for Goose, he would end up going 2-7 for a .286 average, hitting two singles, driving in an RBI on an error by the catcher and scoring one run.

Final stats for Goose over the entire series, he would end up going 5-21 for a less than pedestrian .238 average. He would end with three singles, a double and a home run, scoring three runs and a driving in three RBIs. He would also commit his third error of the season. Goose would see his batting average plummet this series. Going into the Arkansas series, Goose was sitting on a .347 average. It would hit a high water mark of .365 after the home run, the fielder's choice and the single. By series end, his average would plummet 46 points to end at .314 after going 3-16 over the last three games of the series.

Goose, and the Drillers as a whole, certainly hope to get back on track as they begin a split four game series against NW Arkansas, playing the first two games at home, then switch and finish the final two games on the road.

The video of the entire four game series: http://www.twitch.tv/smoothpancakes1/b/555072031

(Warning: The video of this series may be laggy. Either my internet tonight sucked and the stream ended up crappy with a bunch of moments of lag and fragmenting, or Chrome is just plain being a piece of crap for me tonight and causing the replay of the series on Twitch to play like crap for me, including multiple hang ups and no sound.)

Goose watching the ball fly out for his first career home run.

Smacked it right into Arkansas' bullpen in right-center field.

Rounding third and coming home.

Home plate is touched and the celebration can begin.

Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-06-2014 at 05:00 AM.

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Nice!
    Thanks! It was a total shock when I hit it. I figured it was going to be another fly out near the wall, then it just kept going and disappeared into the bullpen as I was on my way to second. It ended up being a complete surprise to have it be a home run, it wasn't one of those shots that you know is gone the moment you hit it.