Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaymo76 MLB the Show RTTS

• Facebook
  • Display
    Sounds like some good progress. Now you jusr need to knock the crap out of Baker.

Damn you Ty Baker!!! 2ko's and a ground out. However, in the 9th with 2 men on and 2 out, Jaymo hits a single against closer Rowen. The hit drives in the game tying run. That makes the hit streak six games. The Missions go on to lose the game in 13 innings and their struggles with the RoughRiders continue.

Alright a quick check-in. Jaymo has made it to the 30 game mark and he is currently on a hot streak, recording hits in 7 consecutive games. After a terrible starts things have much improved.

Games: 30
    AB: 131
    Avg.: .271
    OBP.: .273
    SLG.: .351
    Hits: 36
    HR: 1
    RBI: 14
    FLD%: .784

Jaymo has especially been successful versus the Corpus Cristi Hooks as he is batting .333. On the other end of the spectrum the Springfield Cardinals have been difficult with Jaymo hitting just .211

Backup 3B Dan Chavez continues to be on a hot streak as well. Is there room for both on this roster???

Son of a...

In the Missions first trip to NW Arkansas, the team in dead-last in the Texas League. Their pitching is atrocious and Jaymo was riding an 8 game hit streak. In the first game Jaymo hit a homerun with on man on in the 9th to ensure the win. However he also had two strike outs. Game two and game three Jaymo went 0-5 in both games and recorded another 5 strike outs in total. In addition to the end of the hit streak at nine games, Jaymo's bat has gone ice cold... he needs a 'slump breaker'...

The NW Arkansas Naturals continue to mess with Jaymo. Another series and another terrible batting experience. Jaymo has faced the Naturals five times this season and is hitting a paltry .130 (23 AB, 1HR, 3hits, 3RBI, 9 strike outs). The Naturals are in dead last but continue to destroy jaymo's confidence! Thankfully he doesn't play them too often...

Huge game as Jaymo records his first ever four hit game. Jaymo has been feasting on Arkansas Travelers pitchers. The May 30th outing was especially tasty as Jaymo had three singles and one double. Jaymo follows that game up with a three hit outing (all singles). Versus the Travelers this season Jaymo is hitting an amazing .647 (11 hits, 1 HR, 3 RBI on 17 AB).

As of June 1st, 2014

TL South
    San Antonio Missions (29-27)
    Midland RockHounds (28-28) 1 gb
    Corpus Cristi Hooks (25-31) 4 gb
    Fresno RoughRiders (23-33) 6 gb

(#1 in TL North: Springfield Cardinals, 37-19)

Jaymo's stats:

177 AB
    .294 Avg.
    52 hits
    13 runs
    9 2B
    20 RBI
    1 caught stealing
    50 strike outs
    .395 slg%
    .291 OBP
    70 Total bases
    2 sacrifice fly's
    28 assists
    10 errors
    .783 fielding %
    364 innings played
    .273 vs. RHP
    .435 vs. LHP
    .306 Home
    .283 Away

Jaymo's last 10 games (16 hits, 2 home runs, 6 rbi, .348%)

With the All Star game in three weeks Jaymo doesn't have the votes so the extra rest may do him some good. the injury bug has hit the team but not Jaymo... let's hope it stays that way!

Your season is really coming together in San Antonio. You're starting to put up some nice numbers.

You said the injury bug has hit. What was the issue with you not seeing any before?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Your season is really coming together in San Antonio. You're starting to put up some nice numbers.

You said the injury bug has hit. What was the issue with you not seeing any before?
    Honestly I don't know...??? Maybe it had something to do with my progression through "beginner" levels? My hitting is getting better but I had a slump and my ratings dropped. My fielding is still really bad and it looks like I have little chance of moving to AAA this season.

I am a 60 ovr but still D potential and I am meeting expectations. The thing is though that the 3B in AAA El Paso is a stud. I was only a 7th round pick...

Jaymo has another milestone... July 4th... his first ever triple versus the RoughRiders. Not a great game but a milestone is a milestone. That makes six games for the current hitting streak.

Entering the June 10th game in Corpus Cristi, Jaymo has, for the first time in his AA career, a batting average of.300. Jaymo's fielding % has also improved to .808 which is a season high. However, CC has had Jaymo's number of late and after a poor game Jaymo goes back below .300. With one hit though the hit streak goes to seven games.

A new series begins at home to the Midland RockHounds and Jaymo stretches his hitting streak to eight games. More importantly though, jaymo gets his first ever player of the game nomination. Jaymo had three hits on five attempts. Moat important though, down 3-2 in the bottom of the 8th inning with one out and two on, Jaymo goes yard to right field and blasts a 348 foot bomb for a three run homer (4th on the season). The Missions win 5-3 and regain first place in their division.

The hit streak ends at 11 games for Jaymo. The Midland RockHounds pitchers held Jaymo to 0/4 in batting attempts. The next series see's Corpus Cristi come to town. Game one is scheduled for Father's Day. Pitching for the Hooks is Andres Palmeiro. Jaymo has not had a lot of success against him...

422 feet to centre field... that is Jaymo's longest homerun. A solo shot in the 9th makes it 5-4 for the Hooks. However, Jaymo's shot is followed by a dinger from McNair to tie the game. The Missions win the game in the 10th. Jaymo is slumping pretty bad right now but hopefully this will change things.

That 6-5 comeback win over the Hooks was huge. As it turns out the victory allowed the San Antonio Missions to clinch the TL South division as the first half of the season comes to an end.

Not bad for a 7th round pick...

And just like that the first half of the season is over. On the last day of play before the all-star break, the Missions defeat the RockHounds to secure a one game lead in the division and as a result, before the 1st half winner for the division while the Rockhounds clinch the division.

TL South:
    Y- Missions 41-35
    X- Rockhounds 40-36 (1gb)
    RoughRiders 32-44 (9gb)
    Hooks 32-44 (9 gb)

TL North:
    Y- Cardinals 48-28
    X- Travelers 44-32 (4 gb)
    Drillers 36-40 (12 gb)
    Naturals 31-45 (17 gb)

For the ALL-STAR game, Jaymo took 4th in votes for starting 3rd baseman eith 176,000. The winner, Romeo Upshaw (RoughRiders) had 257,000.

Jaymo's key stats for the 1st half:

54 Games
    238 AB
    .286 avg
    68 H
    20 R
    12 2B
    1 3B
    6 HR
    34 RBI
    .420 SLG.
    .282 OBP
    47 putouts
    11 errors
    .845 field %
    488.1 innings playd
    .266 vs RHP
    .419 vs. LHP
    .277 home
    .294 away

Nicely done! Congrats on that homer and getting that first half title. Still some rough stretches no doubt, but Jaymo is starting to come around. He's gotten that average up nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Nicely done! Congrats on that homer and getting that first half title. Still some rough stretches no doubt, but Jaymo is starting to come around. He's gotten that average up nicely.
    Yeah thanks. There has been an improvement from the beginning of the seasn, no doubt. However, in the last five games I am really slumping.

The 10 games before the slump I was hitting like .426. Once a hitting slump begins I find it very difficult to get out of it. I swing at everything. Curves and sliders continue to give me the most trouble. A full season at San Antonio is needed to continue to develop but for sure I want to get to AAA next season. However, long-term I don't think there is a future with the Padres organization as they have as lot of depth at 3rd.

The 2nd half of the season started very slow for Jaymo. Tulsa was not a friendly stop on the road for Jaymo or the Missions. The first three games were brutal. However, in game four Jaymo rediscovered his batt and went 3/4 with one RBI. The next series started with a visit to Springfield. This teams players were ice cold and Jaymo and the Missions went to town. Jaymo ened up going 3/5 including a double, a homer, an RBI and a run scored. In so doing, Jaymo eared for the 2nd time this season, player of the game recognition.

New homeroom best for Jaymo... 451 feet straight away to centre-field. Boom!