Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Madden 25 & Jaymo76 ... One Last Fling

• Facebook
  • Display
    Game 12: @

Well so much for the win streak. The Jags win 12-6 in a real dog of a game. Tanney was 13/29 for 146 yards and 1 int. Lewis had 28 carries for 81 yards and with that broke 1000 yards rushing for the season. On the D, the Browns had six sacks this week. Sheard had 2 sacks in his return. Tony McDaniel recorded another sack this week after a monster game last week.

David Buehhler's perfect streak came to an end, going 2/3 for fg's. He missed from 50. It was a great run while it lasted.

Recently signed DT Clinton McDonald has a dislocated ankle and will be out the rest of the season. The decision was made to move Ahtyba Rubin to DT. He will now be starting. Brandon Deaderick has been signed as a backup DT. Injuries are out of control this season.

In the offseason there will be some position changes. Specifically Barkevious Mingo may be moved to RE and Desmond Bryant may be moved to ROLB. That switch may better fit the 4-3 attacking scheme.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 07-20-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Game 13: @

45-14 Patriots but don't let the score fool you... this was a close game. Tanney played well going 24/42 for 305 yards. However he was undone by two interceptions which were both pic six. The Browns could not run the ball at all but the passing game was very strong. Cleveland could have won this game.

Add more injuries to the list. RB Dion Lewis has a broken thumb and will be out for two weeks. RE Billy Winn has a slight shoulder tear and will miss the next game.

With a few games left the AFC West is tight.

8-5
    7-6
    3-10
    3-10
    Last edited by jaymo76; 07-20-2014 at 03:09 PM.

Game 14: @

The Browns wear their Clemson Orange jerseys... and it works with a 24-16 victory! Tanney played really well going 22/31 for 203 yards with 1 td and 1 int. McGahee has 27 carries for 152 yards. However, he also had three fumbles. On the D, D'qwell Jackson had a huge game with 15 tackles and one sack. He is on fire! Tony McDaniel also recorded another sack. That guy needs to be resigned!!! Joe Haden had the play of the game as he had a pic six on Cutler.

That moves the Browns to 4-10 on the season.

With two games remaining it looks like the Steelrs should hold the division.

9-5
    7-7
    4-10
    3-11

The Raven and Steelers have split the season series so the statistical odds of the Ravens winning via tie-breakers are few and far in-between. In the AFC the only two teams who have officially clinched are and

FYI... I will supersim the next game versus the Jets and then full stream on twitch the last game of the season versus the Steelers. I will probably start after 8:30pm pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    FYI... I will supersim the next game versus the Jets and then full stream on twitch the last game of the season versus the Steelers. I will probably start after 8:30pm pacific.
    Cool. I'll be there.

Game 15: @

The 2nd to last game of the season. The Browns are playing for jobs for next year. A win is far less important than talent evaluation. Rumours are swirling that owner Jay Mo plans on terminating the coaching services of coach C at the end of the season. That may also go for the head trainer??? Player interest in resigning with the Browns is minimal at this point anyways. SS T.J. Ward just turned down a $22 million dollar contract extension offer. The owner has made it clear to continue to pursue him in free agency.

Continued analysis of how the D is fitting into the attacking 4-3 scheme is necessary. Some of the players just don't fit the mold. The offseason will continue to see more 4-3 talent added to the mix (FA & Draft).

So as to the game, Browns come up with another win in a really enjoyable game... 30-23. Tanney passed for 408 yards completing 41 of 65 passes. He even had 3 td's... and 4 ints!!! McGahee had 80 yards rushing on 22 carries. He also led the Browns with 9 receptions.

That makes the Browns 5-10 going into the last game at I suspect the Steelers are looking for payback. However, they may rest their starters as they won the division as they won and the Ravens lost this week.

Here We Go, Steelers!

Are you still shooting for 8:30 Pacific?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Here We Go, Steelers!

Are you still shooting for 8:30 Pacific?
    Yeah or maybe a little later. Somewhere between 8:30pm and 8:45pm is my goal. It just depends if I can get the kids in bed on time. Are you streaming some ball tonight?

Yeah or maybe a little later. Somewhere between 8:30pm and 8:45pm is my goal. It just depends if I can get the kids in bed on time. Are you streaming some ball tonight?
    Yes, in about 5 minutes.

Game 16: @

This game was epic and it came down to a last second 58 yard field goal to win it... Buehler hit the kick and the BROWNS win 23-20!!! That's right, the Browns win and they sweep the season series with the Steelers. For their last season in Cleveland they end on a high-note. Will the rivalry be the same with Toronto? It's too early to say.

Tanney had a decent game but the key was the run game and the D. Lewis had 107 yards on 24 carries. The D had 5 sacks and an interception

Final Standings for the AFC North:

10-6
    9-7
    6-10
    3-13

The season was a poor one to say the least but this is a rebuild so it is what it is.

Immediately following the end of the season, owner Jay Mo announced the following terminations,

1. the head trainer
    2. the head scout
    3. the head coach, Rob Chudzinski

Within hours of the terminations, Marv Lewis is announced as the new head coach of the Browns. The deal is four years 4.3 million in total.

At the end of the season the Browns also announced the following re-signings.

1. CB Jerome Murphy (2 yr 2.98 mill)
    2. FS Kenny Phillips (5 yr 2.75 mill)
    3. K David Beuhler (4 yr. 5.2 mill)

Coach Lewis, in an attempt to create a better fit moved ROLB Barkevious Mingo to starting RE. LE Ahtyba Rubin has been moved to starting DT. In addition, RE Billy Winn has been moved to LE. RT Mitchell Schwartz has been moved to RG and Reid Fragel has moved to starting RT.

Final season standings:

14-2
    11-5
    11-5
    10-6
    9-7
    7-9

And your winner

13-3
    13-3
    12-4
    11-5
    11-5
    11-4-1

And your winner

The SuperBowl was fought between and

and the winner with a 42-28 victory...

Coach Lewis continues to make changes... the following players were cut.

1. QB Jason Campbell
    2. DT Ishmaa'ily Kitchen

FS Tashaun Gipson has been moved to SS to shore up that position. He will compete for a starting job.

Immediately following the end of the season, owner Jay Mo announced the following terminations,

1. the head trainer
    2. the head scout
    3. the head coach, Rob Chudzinski

Within hours of the terminations, Marv Lewis is announced as the new head coach of the Browns. The deal is four years 4.3 million in total.
    Marvin Lewis signed for a little over $1m per season? The money in franchise was never done right. I remember in M13 how top free agent players were pretty good but guys 78-82 were dirt cheap. That meant decent starters could be signed for just over the minimum. I never had a cap or depth problem because of this. Did that change in M25? I never got that far after being annoyed with the game.

The Browns made a lot of moves in Free Agency this post season. Here is the list of additions.

QB Austin Davis
    RB Darren McFadden
    RB Dujuan Harris
    WR Kevin Ogletree
    WR Aldrick Robinson
    TE Anthony McCoy
    RG Mike McGlynn
    SS Eddie Pleasant

The Browns also resigned FS T.J. Ward after a majr bidding war. With that, Gipson is moved back to FS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Marvin Lewis signed for a little over $1m per season? The money in franchise was never done right. I remember in M13 how top free agent players were pretty good but guys 78-82 were dirt cheap. That meant decent starters could be signed for just over the minimum. I never had a cap or depth problem because of this. Did that change in M25? I never got that far after being annoyed with the game.
    No, it' still far too easy to stack your team with 70-80ovr talent.

To free up some cap space, A TRADE has been completed between and

The Browns get:

QB Kirk Cousins

The Redskins get:

TE Gary Barnidge
    LG Jason Pinkston
    MLB Tank Carder

Cousins is an excellent pickup as he will either be the starter if the Browns don't take a QB or a strong #2. All of the players given up are not starters and never will be.

Finally...

The and have a trade to announce.

The Texans get Brandon Weeden

The Browns get... a 7th round draft pick.

At this point he needed to be gone regardless of value!