Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

2014 Fantasy Football Thread

It's getting to be time to thinking about your draft boards.

In the dynasty league I'm in, we had our rookie/FA draft last night. I'm pretty happy with the team we drafted. We didn't have a pick until #36 as we traded our first round pick for Matthew Stafford. We took Dri Archer at #36, and he was a guy we were targeting going into this draft, so it was nice that he fell to us. Our 3rd round pick, we took Jerrick McKinnon with the hopes that he's the successor to Adrian Peterson. Our biggest surprise was that DL Justin Smith from the Niners was dropped and we nabbed him in the 6th round. The rest of the picks were some rookie TE's that we hope stick and some depth at the IDP positions.
    The dude abides.

Do you guys get points for Kick and Punt Returns, things like that?

If so some of Archer's value will come from that and possibly a nice pick up.

I have the #2 pick for $ league I'm always in. I've had the 1st pick twice and 2nd pick once or twice as well I believe past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Do you guys get points for Kick and Punt Returns, things like that?

If so some of Archer's value will come from that and possibly a nice pick up.

I have the #2 pick for $ league I'm always in. I've had the 1st pick twice and 2nd pick once or twice as well I believe past few years.
    Yes we do.
    The dude abides.

Oh.

American Football.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Oh.

American Football.

We need to do an EPL pick'em this year by the way.

And as for Dri Archer, I hear he might be a 3rd down pass catching back too like Sproles. He's impressed in OTAs so far it sounds like.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    We need to do an EPL pick'em this year by the way.

And as for Dri Archer, I hear he might be a 3rd down pass catching back too like Sproles. He's impressed in OTAs so far it sounds like.
    I play Fantasy Football for the EPL. Started 3 years ago. Let my know if you want in our group this year. We play at www.fantasyleague.com/classic and it's like $25 to play.

As for Archer, sounds good. However, I temper my excitement. Chris Rainey sounded good too.

I play Fantasy Football for the EPL. Started 3 years ago. Let my know if you want in our group this year. We play at www.fantasyleague.com/classic and it's like $25 to play.

As for Archer, sounds good. However, I temper my excitement. Chris Rainey sounded good too.
    It's a dynasty league so he's not going to be starting for us every week. We're set at our starters since we keep almost our whole team.
    The dude abides.

It's a dynasty league so he's not going to be starting for us every week. We're set at our starters since we keep almost our whole team.
    I understand. I'm talking strictly about my excitement as a fan.

Chris Rainey sounded good in terms for Madden, but I never was high on him.

For one his character seems to be better from the onset from the little I can tell.

My expectations aren't high, but on Special Teams alone I believe he will be more than useful.

Chris Rainey sounded good in terms for Madden, but I never was high on him.

For one his character seems to be better from the onset from the little I can tell.

My expectations aren't high, but on Special Teams alone I believe he will be more than useful.
    Care to share how, on the field, you can contrast Rainey with Archer?

Return kicks, get him in space. Same as Rainey. Hopefully, with better results than CR (and no "issues").

Care to share how, on the field, you can contrast Rainey with Archer?

Return kicks, get him in space. Same as Rainey. Hopefully, with better results than CR (and no "issues").
    Oh sure they both have similar builds, Archer is faster but that's splitting hairs.

I don't recall Rainey ever going to be featured like I have heard Archer being. Archer was drafted to be an impact player, not just a glorified returner I'd imagine. Not sure if Rainey ever had that same role envisioned for him.

With all this being said I have a feeling he will eclipse what Rainey did during his time...which isn't saying much because he proved to more of a pain than he was worth. Archer should still be a better prospect than CR was but time will tell.

Archer should be more of a poor man's Sproles as a rookie, with a good chance in growing into that role. I'm not sure if he will have an impact in a regular 2014 league, but in a dynasty league like we got him in, it's worth the 36th pick of the rookie/FA draft.
    The dude abides.

Oh sure they both have similar builds, Archer is faster but that's splitting hairs.

I don't recall Rainey ever going to be featured like I have heard Archer being. Archer was drafted to be an impact player, not just a glorified returner I'd imagine. Not sure if Rainey ever had that same role envisioned for him.

With all this being said I have a feeling he will eclipse what Rainey did during his time...which isn't saying much because he proved to more of a pain than he was worth. Archer should still be a better prospect than CR was but time will tell.
    Rainey got some hype as a third down guy after being drafted. It just never materialized. If Archer is able to be more than a "paper lion" like Rainey was, I'll be very happy.

I'm just not going to get too excited until he does something on gameday.

Archer should be more of a poor man's Sproles as a rookie, with a good chance in growing into that role. I'm not sure if he will have an impact in a regular 2014 league, but in a dynasty league like we got him in, it's worth the 36th pick of the rookie/FA draft.
    I'm not saying he isn't good for you. I'm just saying that I'm not going to get too excited, as a Steelers fan, until I see something tangible.

I'm not saying he isn't good for you. I'm just saying that I'm not going to get too excited, as a Steelers fan, until I see something tangible.
    Yeah he's not going to start unless he produces right out of the gate. We already have Bell and Stacy as starters, so we're good. There were 35 rookies taken prior to Archer in this draft, so obviously we don't have sky high hopes right off the bat.
    The dude abides.

Yeah he's not going to start unless he produces right out of the gate. We already have Bell and Stacy as starters, so we're good. There were 35 rookies taken prior to Archer in this draft, so obviously we don't have sky high hopes right off the bat.
    I completely understand.

I completely understand.
    You should see the guys we drafted. A whole lot of hopes and dreams

3rd Round - Jerrick McKinnon (RB - Vikings - Hopefully replaces AP eventually)
    4th Round - Colt Lyerla (TE - Packers - Outside chance at starting)
    5th Round - Nate Freese (K - Lions - Rookie, going to probably start, it's a 20 team dynasty league so two kickers is a must)
    6th Round - Justin Smith (DL - 49ers - Kinda surprised he was dropped, our only non-rookie pick)
    7th Round - AC Leonard (TE - Vikings - Complete gamble for him to make any impact in the future - TE's get 2 points per catch so they're a premium)
    8th Round - Kony Early (DL - Panthers - Ranked #2 among DL in a dyansty rookie ranking, so good value)
    9th Round - Dezmen Southward (CB - Falcons - Outside chance to be a starter in his rookie year)
    10th Round - Quincy Enunwa (WR - Jets - We wanted Nick Toon since he's looking like the Saint's #3, he went early in the round so we went homer pick with this former Husker)
    The dude abides.

We doing a TGT league this season?

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    We doing a TGT league this season?
    Doubtful. Any time we've tried half the people quit trying after a couple weeks. I'm in enough money leagues as it is.
    The dude abides.

I want in on this league.. Well at least ffl. The other stuff was fun too.