Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 15 First Info, Release Date, Trailer, Cover Vote & More

• Facebook
  • Display

Madden NFL 15 First Info, Release Date, Trailer, Cover Vote & More

More info should be made available today, but the Madden NFL 15 Cover Vote will begin in 10 days, on May 8.

UPDATE - MADDEN NFL 15 AVAILABLE ON AUGUST 26

Madden NFL 15 will be available on August 26 in North America and on August 29 in the EU for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3. The first Madden NFL 15 video, featuring Carolina Panthers linebacker and Defensive Player of the Year Luke Kuechly, can be seen below.

Madden NFL 15 delivers everything fans need to own their rivals on both sides of the field, including the most immersive defensive gameplay control in franchise history. Like the Super Bowl XLVIII champion Seattle Seahawks, you can win championships and bask in the glory of success by building a great defense fit to challenge the best offenses in the game.

Fans will also experience an entirely new broadcast presentation that delivers Madden NFL game day like never before with dramatic all-new camera angles, as well as dynamic pre-game and halftime features. It’s not just football, it’s Madden Season.

This year EA is once again collaborating with ESPN to give fans the opportunity to select which player will grace the cover of Madden NFL 15. In light of last year’s record-breaking vote, fans can look forward to a highly-competitive contest featuring some big-name matchups and intense rivalries. Fans can tune in to the NFL Draft on ESPN and NFL Network on May 8 at 8pm ET for a special Cover Vote announcement.

Madden NFL 15 is available Tuesday, August 26. Click here to pre-order, and join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.
    Last edited by cdj; 04-28-2014 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    More info should be made available today, but the Madden NFL 15 Cover Vote will begin in 10 days, on May 8.

UPDATE - MADDEN NFL 15 AVAILABLE ON AUGUST 26

Madden NFL 15 will be available on August 26 in North America and on August 29 in the EU for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3. The first Madden NFL 15 video, featuring Carolina Panthers linebacker and Defensive Player of the Year Luke Kuechly, can be seen below.

Madden NFL 15 delivers everything fans need to own their rivals on both sides of the field, including the most immersive defensive gameplay control in franchise history. Like the Super Bowl XLVIII champion Seattle Seahawks, you can win championships and bask in the glory of success by building a great defense fit to challenge the best offenses in the game.

Fans will also experience an entirely new broadcast presentation that delivers Madden NFL game day like never before with dramatic all-new camera angles, as well as dynamic pre-game and halftime features. It’s not just football, it’s Madden Season.

This year EA is once again collaborating with ESPN to give fans the opportunity to select which player will grace the cover of Madden NFL 15. In light of last year’s record-breaking vote, fans can look forward to a highly-competitive contest featuring some big-name matchups and intense rivalries. Fans can tune in to the NFL Draft on ESPN and NFL Network on May 8 at 8pm ET for a special Cover Vote announcement.

Madden NFL 15 is available Tuesday, August 26. Click here to pre-order, and join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.
    IF true and EA actually delivers a balanced or even slightly defensive sided game of football I could see myself actually purchasing this now that the NCAA series is toast. However, until I see it I won't believe it.

My guess is EA over does it like usual and it 90% defense in games, where you either have to exploit or be lucky as shit to dominate on offense.

Sent from my DROID Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass.

Yeah, it makes me shudders every time they mention they focused on a core element of football (trick plays, wide open game play, etc...) because that generally means we've just got a sneak peak at what's going to be the problem.

There's really no more excuses for the broken game play, though. You've got these current gen systems that are WAY more powerful than past gen and capable of way more intelligent AI.

Not like I care, it's the only football game so I'll buy it anyway (or get it for free by winning the GS tournament like I have the past 5 or 6 years ).

Defense actually important and could be overpowered! Giving you a chance to actually stop someone?

I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Defense actually important and could be overpowered! Giving you a chance to actually stop someone?

I'll take it.
    The dude abides.

Some duplicate and additional game info courtesy (who else) GameStop:

Welcome to Madden Season! Madden NFL 15 delivers everything you need to own your rivals on both sides of the field, including the most immersive defensive gameplay in franchise history. With all-new player-lock camera angles, pass rush tools, open-field tackling mechanics, and smarter AI, you've never been more armed to take control of the defense and challenge the best offenses in the game. Madden NFL 15 introduces a revolutionary crowd-sourced play-calling system with three distinct ways to run offense and defense: coach suggestions, Madden community picks, and concept plays providing a strategic edge to take on all rivals. Dynamic pre-game and halftime shows, in-depth player profiles, as well as enhanced on-field graphics deliver next-generation broadcast presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post

I'll take it.
    If you want to see overpowered defense, think back to NCAA '08 on 360/PS3 minus the also overpowered triple option. It's just as bad as there being no defense. There needs to be balance. Zones need to work correctly. Man needs to work correctly. The AI needs to be smarter. Blitz angles need to be corrected. The pass rush also needs beefed up.

It also needs to be able to be beaten by good play calling and good reads.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    If you want to see overpowered defense, think back to NCAA '08 on 360/PS3 minus the also overpowered triple option. It's just as bad as there being no defense. There needs to be balance. Zones need to work correctly. Man needs to work correctly. The AI needs to be smarter. Blitz angles need to be corrected. The pass rush also needs beefed up.

It also needs to be able to be beaten by good play calling and good reads.
    Was 08 the game with 15 turnovers a game? INTs and fumbles galore (especially when it rained/snowed).

I think the improved pass rush tools are going to be good and long overdue. We've had very little control over the types of moves we have. It would be nice if there was almost a mini game counter system as well but I don't think they would go that far. I like the presentation aspects as well.

Madden has a short turn around time for their game this year with the late next gen release and patches. I wonder how different this year will be and if the PS3 will get the same improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    with dramatic all-new camera angles
    How about a customizable camera, so we can play the game how we see fit? Also, please put the defensive player lock from NCAA in the game.

P.S. Stop half assing snow games.

Last edited by bdoughty; 04-28-2014 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    How about a customizable camera, so we can play the game how we see fit? Also, please put the defensive player lock from NCAA in the game.
    They mentioned player lock and with some NCAA guys working for Madden I'm hoping co-ordinator cam makes it too. I do think Madden's default cam was way better than NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    They mentioned player lock and with some NCAA guys working for Madden I'm hoping co-ordinator cam makes it too. I do think Madden's default cam was way better than NCAA.
    I wanted to use zoom with Madden 25 but you get some funky graphical glitches on the XB1. I was pretty happy with the default.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Was 08 the game with 15 turnovers a game? INTs and fumbles galore (especially when it rained/snowed).
    Yup... IMO the worst NCAA game ever!!! Non-stop picks from psychic DB's and "leaping LB's." Since Madden 25 still has far, far too many int's this heightened D is worrisome. I hope they addressed the int issue to balance this out.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Yes, awful game. The only way to move the ball was to chuck bombs or run triple option, which was broken. People would actually run that instead of a hail mary at the end of the half/game. Anything thrown over the middle was a pick and you literally had like 3 seconds to throw the ball against a regular old 4 man rush.

I've been preaching it for years. Balance is the key. Play calling should matter. Defensive AI needs more intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Yes, awful game. The only way to move the ball was to chuck bombs or run triple option, which was broken. People would actually run that instead of a hail mary at the end of the half/game. Anything thrown over the middle was a pick and you literally had like 3 seconds to throw the ball against a regular old 4 man rush.
    We had a small NCAA 08 league and it was amusing how many house rules we had to employ just to make it look like a football game. Not only all the issues above but you were almost guaranteed to have one or two kickoffs returned for a TD each game. We kinda saw that coming when there was an achievement for it.

Edit: And do not forget the delay when trying to kick online. That cost me a few games.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 04-28-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Sounds like the release date is August 26th. My birthday
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Yup... IMO the worst NCAA game ever!!! Non-stop picks from psychic DB's and "leaping LB's." Since Madden 25 still has far, far too many int's this heightened D is worrisome. I hope they addressed the int issue to balance this out.
    I never thought it was the super leaping ability that was the issue but rather the trajectory the ball takes.

Trajectory is still an issue where you cannot place the ball substantially over a defenders head or that is needed on a certain type of pass. For example wanting to throw to the pylon..where literally no one but your WR has a shot at the ball. Even to this day the ball will likely be 2-3 yards short and take a nose dive type effect where the CB can intercept it. And this happens whether a defender is there or not.

But back to the Leaping issue since back then. I had videos of then and versions after, where the actual LB's never got more than 2 feet off the ground. Standing flat foot the ball always appeared no more than literally extending their arm in the air. The jumping just made it look more dramatic but in actuality based on the low trajectory of the ball inches away from their helmets, the passes could have been picked off standing still. Mind you the passes were intended for guys 15-20 yards behind the actual defender.

And this issue still remains today.