Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 9, 2010

• Facebook
  • Display
    Good point, is there an easy to revert back to the original setting without taking a team over then switching back?

Not that I have found.

That makes sense. It wasn't that big of a deal since Oregon does run the option but I think they run more of a spread option vs the Air Force playbook which was more triple option.

Yeah their offense is completely different than Air Force's offense. I believe their tempo is much quicker as well

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Yeah their offense is completely different than Air Force's offense. I believe their tempo is much quicker as well
    It's much quicker, and I also think they were running a different defense as well. I think someone could switch teams and revert their settings back and then go back to their original team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    It's much quicker, and I also think they were running a different defense as well. I think someone could switch teams and revert their settings back and then go back to their original team.
    The question would be whether or not that person would lose their coach prestige and other items. Otherwise, yeah, someone switch to Air Force, change them back, then switch back.

We should also keep this in mind for the future, though once we get heavily into the dynasty it would make just as much sense to stay with our current offense/defense.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Is anyone not running an OD on their own? If so, how about we just test it out by having them create a dynasty, add one or two of us, and then testing switching.

I don't have one running right now, G. I'll invite you momentarily.

EDIT: I'm thinking we should start an OD, advance a few weeks so we have a record, then test switch.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I don't have one running right now, G. I'll invite you momentarily.

EDIT: I'm thinking we should start an OD, advance a few weeks so we have a record, then test switch.
    I'll go ahead and join but about to head out hte door in a few minutes. I'll switch whenever I get back later tonight.

That's fine. I'm in and out tonight anyway. I'll advance it a few times, make sure we have a record to keep/lose, then it should be ready for you to test later on.

Initial testing from Jeff & I tells us that we need to test it some more.

What he & I did was just simply swap teams back & forth, changing playbooks here & there, etc. The good news is that it retains your coach's record. The bad news is that in the way that we were testing it, there doesn't appear to be a way to get a CPUs team's playbook back to default. It's quite weird in that it swaps playbooks for whatever team you swap to. So, for example if I start as Georgia Tech, switch my playbook to Air Raid and then switch my team to Air Force, the good news is that I retain my Air Raid playbook, the bad news is that Georgia Tech now has the Air Force playbook. We went around in circles trying to test a way to get back to square one but couldn't figure it out... although I'm sure if we put pen to paper, we might be able to.

However, we're going to test the actual scenario we're in now... start an OD with a user and have him switch playbooks, remove him, and then see if another user can switch to that team and fix their playbook.

I'm initially inclined to believe that, without something extremely convoluted, the only way to restore Oregon's playbook will be for someone to switch to Oregon, switch their playbook back to Oregon, then drop out of the dynasty, then re-join as their original team (rather than Oregon).

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I'm initially inclined to believe that, without something extremely convoluted, the only way to restore Oregon's playbook will be for someone to switch to Oregon, switch their playbook back to Oregon, then drop out of the dynasty, then re-join as their original team (rather than Oregon).
    Yeah, that's the conclusion I just came up with myself (as I PMd to you). The problem with that is that whoever does that will lose coaching record and probably any promises they've made.

The best way to handle it is whenever the next person that has to step down does so, have one of our secondary PSN accounts join the OD as the vacant team, change their playbook, then leave.

Agreed. In the meantime, personally I'm okay with Oregon being Air Force. They're similar enough in scheme that I don't think Oregon's going to be hurt by it.

Nice work guys and it makes sense to me. Using a secondary join then retire just may be the best way to go about it.

Thanks for all the work guys.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    The best way to handle it is whenever the next person that has to step down does so, have one of our secondary PSN accounts join the OD as the vacant team, change their playbook, then leave.
    This was my plan to fix it. Not that I think anyone will drop out but I know life happens.

Air Force doesn't pass the ball though do they? Hell atleast Oregon's offense threatens to pass lol. That probably will change their recruiting for this season at the minimum

That seemed like a cluster to figure out, kudos

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Air Force doesn't pass the ball though do they? Hell atleast Oregon's offense threatens to pass lol. That probably will change their recruiting for this season at the minimum
    It shouldn't change their recruiting significantly, if at all. Air Force's playbook, in terms of plays contained within, is pretty similar to a Spread Option offense. The primary difference is that Air Force also has a couple Flexbone formations, but not that many.

It may change their position needs, but the needs should be consistent with what Guru saw as coach, so hoepfully the CPU is going to recruit properly for that.

Air Force is certainly run-first, but when they have a QB that they trust with the ball (Shaun Carney, 2007), they'll put up some numbers through the air. Not significant numbers (Carney had about 2/3 of what Masoli had last year), but decent numbers. Carney did have a better QB rating, surprisingly.

Also, for what it's worth, the Run/Pass balance of option teams isn't what we'd think it was anyway. A few weeks ago in our OD, Army had the leading receiver in the nation. :rolleyes: