Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: College Football 2013 Week 2

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    just beat texas, ok
    As long as they have at least two running backs, OU should be fine.

I knew you were upset after last night's game mvp, but I didn't realize you were taking it this hard.

How do you upload something like that? I don't think this dude understands how serious cutting a promo is.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I knew you were upset after last night's game mvp, but I didn't realize you were taking it this hard.

i'm not black. the good thing about this, from what i'm hearing, is a decision will be made by tuesday
    Last edited by baseballplyrmvp; 09-08-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Well, ok, he has racked up some violations in the past (not necessarily at USC, but before he got there). But the point still stands, he's been riding daddy's coattails to keep moving up the coaching food chain, despite sucking as a coach and play caller.
    Also, more of that was Ed Orgeron that did some of the violations at USC and at Tennessee. I can stay that I was never happy to have Kiffin at Tennessee from the start. I was glad that he left for USC, when he did.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/wri...undermines-usc
    Last edited by volsfan; 09-08-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    i'm not black. the good thing about this, from what i'm hearing, is a decision will be made by tuesday
    I wanted to think that you weren't, but you being the only USC fan of note (maybe even the only USC fan at all) on these forums, and after the real time discussion last night, that video and reaction was just too perfect not to post. I couldn't help but think of you the entire time I was watching it.

everyone on the USC boards that i visit is even more fed up than i am.

but a decision is coming. there was a player's only meeting today, captains and key players are meeting with several coaches tomorrow. i'm thinking kiff is on his last life. he'll be given one chance to last the rest of the season. any more fuckups like WSU, and he's fired after the game. most people on the boards think he'll be fired this week, but i think he'll be given one last chance.

several big time recruits have already told players that they will not play for kiffin. some will be trojans nonetheless, but after the shit storm last night, there are some, who want to play offense, that will not be a part of a poor offensive showing like last night.
    Last edited by baseballplyrmvp; 09-08-2013 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by volsfan View Post
    Also, more of that was Ed Orgeron that did some of the violations at USC and at Tennessee. I can stay that I was never happy to have Kiffin at Tennessee from the start. I was glad that he left for USC, when he did.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/wri...undermines-usc
    no. Coach O wasnt involved in any of the shenanigans. It was mostly monte, willie mack garza, and a few other assistants. monte just didnt know all of the recruiting rules...garza and the assistants were the shady ones. lane mostly brought the wrong kind of attention to tennessee.

you may have been one of the few who wasnt happy to have kiffin, but all of knoxville loved him...hence the mattress burnings and riots when he left town in the middle of the night. most tennessee fans are still bitter that lane left.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    no. Coach O wasnt involved in any of the shenanigans. It was mostly monte, willie mack garza, and a few other assistants. monte just didnt know all of the recruiting rules...garza and the assistants were the shady ones. lane mostly brought the wrong kind of attention to tennessee.

you may have been one of the few who wasnt happy to have kiffin, but all of knoxville loved him...hence the mattress burnings and riots when he left town in the middle of the night. most tennessee fans are still bitter that lane left.

Yes and no as to all of Knoxville love him, where was many that I know that didn't care for him from the start and it was more the younger fans that love him. What hasn't help is Knoxville news still loves to write stories about Kiffin after the fact that a good number of the fans now have got over the bitter of him leaving. It's still the younger fans that still have the bitter views to Kiffin. Most older fans have forgot about it and moved on. The only thing that hasn't help is some USC fans (more like non true USC fans) have posted on the Knoxville News site since Kiffin left and bad mouth Tennessee and kept trying to rub it in that Kiffin left.

I can say one thing, He is a good recruiter, but not a very good at coaching. A school needs to see that about him, but I have a feeling that he will be a head coach again, when he gets fired.

lane mostly brought the wrong kind of attention to tennessee.
    Agreed. One problem that he had at Tennessee was running his mouth a little too much and cause a lot of wrong kind of attention. Which he said after leaving for USC that he learn not to do and said to have grown up. I give him one on that as he hasn't really bought any wrong kind of attention. The other wrong kind of attention that was brought players that came to Tennessee that year as of now there is only one player that Kiffin recruited that is still there and that's the kicker Michael Palardy. I don't blame Kiffin for that as recruiting those players as they screw their self up, but it's sad that kind of attention came to Tennessee in the first. I'm just glad that nightmare is over and the AD Mike Hamilton left Tennessee. He was the one to cause all the money problems with sports at Tennessee, which we just broke even this year.

Yeah, I forgot that Willie Mack Garza was the problem and not O.
    Last edited by volsfan; 09-09-2013 at 08:47 AM.

hey Aggiefan! You never did answer yes or no if you are going to take that avatar bet. It is week three and Bama is on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    good. unfortunately the boosters and alumni's werent listening.

I don't understand how they can't be listening. I'm no USC fan, but I hate to see proud historical program get screwed up by all this. The AD, boosters and alumni need to awake up and put end to it, before it gets really ugly.

I don't understand how they can't be listening. I'm no USC fan, but I hate to see proud historical program get screwed up by all this. The AD, boosters and alumni need to awake up and put end to it, before it gets really ugly.
    the AD doesnt have much say in this matter, so i've heard. the boosters and alumni are the ones who still like kiffin. but another loss in the same fashion as WSU to any other school on our schedule, results in the immediate termination of kiffin's contract. kiffin has recruited remarkably well given the hand he was dealt with the sanctions, but i'm thinking he wasnt the permanent solution or ever going to get a lifetime contract that PC was offered.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...says-there-was

Also, did they have a player only meeting or no?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...says-there-was

Also, did they have a player only meeting or no?
    conflicting reports right now. some captains are saying yes, some are saying no. i'm gonna believe that it did happen.