Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 25 - PS3/360 Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    Ugh! We still can't change the cpu unis unless we use a second controller...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Just a few little things.

1. The 26mb patch for ps3 has fixed the invisible players glitch
    2. nice and SHORT intro speeds things up
    3. the windows 8 tile approach is easy to navigate (eg download updated rosters, etc.)
    4. the default roster is very inaccurate at this point and time
    ** custom will be the way to proceed IMO
    5. using l1/r1 to navigate makes a lot more sense than r3 like last year.
    There is a roster update.
    The dude abides.

Jaymo will you please check out if you can relocate a team more than once and keep the previous relocation name and uniforms. You don't have to relocate again for the Rams just check if you are able to relocate again at the start of year 2. I really hope this is possible because I want to create teams like the Memphis Blues or LA Express but those names aren't available unless you choose it in a prior relocation to Chicago or San Antonio.

PS I sure hope there is defense to be found in the retail version especially pass defense.

Ahhh! My Raiders are moving to Brooklyn...

In week two of pre-season I chose Houston and in week three of pre-season I picked the Oilers logo.

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post
    Jaymo will you please check out if you can relocate a team more than once and keep the previous relocation name and uniforms. You don't have to relocate again for the Rams just check if you are able to relocate again at the start of year 2. I really hope this is possible because I want to create teams like the Memphis Blues or LA Express but those names aren't available unless you choose it in a prior relocation to Chicago or San Antonio.

PS I sure hope there is defense to be found in the retail version especially pass defense.
    Okay I am still working through the first season but I will let you know as soon as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post

I played around with it for about an hour and had no problem moving the ball through air. I think it's a tad bit better defensively than NCAA, but not by much

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Wow! If you choose the Oiler you are only given one uniform option (a combo of two historic styles). I was hoping we would get to choose a new modern look.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I played around with it for about an hour and had no problem moving the ball through air. I think it's a tad bit better defensively than NCAA, but not by much

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    Thanks IOU for the impressions on Pass D. I know your pretty pass heavy and usually light up human opponents on all-pro so I assume that was the level you played on. Hopefully All-Madden is more of a challenge because in the demo I destroyed the CPU through the air. Defense who would think it would be so neglected year after year by EA Tiburon.

Okay I am still working through the first season but I will let you know as soon as I can.
    Thanks. Yeah I can wait no need to hurry. Enjoy the game first, test out things second.

Wow! If you choose the Oiler you are only given one uniform option (a combo of two historic styles). I was hoping we would get to choose a new modern look.
    That is disappointing seems like they could have been more detailed and in-depth with some of the relocation items (uniforms, logos, names, and cities).

Sorry Rudy, I take back my comments. In play now sliders for special teams are sperate BUT in dynasty mode they are the same for cpu and hum.

The little things drive me crazy about this game. For the second year in a row FORMATION SUBS do NOT save! This should be such an easy fix. Sometimes I just don't get EA.

I will say that moving the pass reaction slider to 70 really tightens things up. In my first game I threw three picks and Carson Palmer threw FIVE picks. I have ints at 30 but I will need to lower that. Zone and man seem to be a lot tighter in retail.

Sorry Rudy, I take back my comments. In play now sliders for special teams are sperate BUT in dynasty mode they are the same for cpu and hum.
    I'll pass on Madden, again.

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

Okay the boys have soccer. I will be back in a few hours. Cheers gents! Tonight I will get more into cfm.

After getting around to downloading this earlier tonight around 5pm, I've delved into owner mode a little bit. Reminds me of back in the day on Madden 06 (or thereabouts).

I technically only on week 1. I created a second save of the franchise so I could get first hand experience with rebuilding a stadium. I'm trying to decide if I'll just put some band aids on Mile High Stadium with a couple remodels here and there, or just sink the money in and go the distance with a full rebuild. If I were to rebuild, I'd lose probably 500-600 suites with the changeover, but I'd gain a little more in overall capacity, and would most likely be able to make up the loss in tickets available for suits with increased capacity in club, mezzanine and upper level tickets.

Just simming through, while my new stadium is built, currently in week 10. I'll probably sim through the season and get to next year when my stadium is done, and then return to my original save and start over from week 1, actually taking the time to go through it properly.

I definitely think, with the addition of owner mode, that I'll get a lot more time and fun out of Madden 25 than I've gotten out of Madden 13 in the last 8 months since I've bought it. The only thing will be waiting until November or December to buy it, since I'd rather just wait and get it for Xbox One (provided it is 100% the same as the 360 version) instead of buying it now for 360 and then either not having it on Xbox One or buying it again for Xbox One.

So one little annoyance... you have to practise if you want xp. You cannot simulate it this year. I see they have changed some of the practise packages too. They look a little shorter too.
    You couldn't simulate the practice last year could you? As long as there are more varied and shorter scenarios it will be better. I still like the idea of using Madden moments in practice for XP. Maybe next year.

Rudy, this one's for you... special teams sliders are different for hum and cpu!!!
    YES!!!!!!!

Edit - just read the next post.

Why the hell did they do this? It makes no freaking sense!!! The only positive I can take from some impressions are that cpu FG kicking is allegedly super good. Maybe I can lower the FGA slider enough so both of us actually miss a few FGs.
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-23-2013 at 07:56 PM.

OS review. They do comment on how run blocking on dives and isos gets too much push and is too automatic. I hope EA is listening.

http://www.operationsports.com/revie...madden-nfl-25/

live stream of Madden 25 from OS .

http://www.twitch.tv/usaf_hart/
    Last edited by GatorfanStovy; 08-23-2013 at 08:30 PM.

One guy on twitter said the sliders work a lot better on retail than the demo. I hope that's true.

I've played one game on all Madden with no slider adjustments. I lost 28-7 using Jacksonville against Miami. Ill see if I can keep interested over the next few days. I'm moving Jacksonville to OKC. Hope the game play holds up but so far so good. I'm hoping I win 4-5 games this first season.