Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Madden 25 Sliders

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post
    jaymo just some quick impressions and some friendly advice after I tried your sliders for 3 games (2 pre-season games and 1 regular season game) of Franchise mode. I had a ton of face masks penalties the 1st 2 games so in the 3rd I lowered face masking down to 58 and it helped a good bit. I went from about 10 in each of the 1st 2 games down to 3 in my last game. I had 12 sacks and then 3 but the last game went back up to 8. I rarely blitz so mostly scramble sacks, coverage sacks, and just D Lineman dominating the O Lineman 1 on 1. I have no idea why but your slider set was causing the CPU to over use the Hit Stick tackle compared to my set. I think it may have to do with the penalty sliders since my penalty set is drastically different in KR/PR Interference (30), Roughing the Passer(10), and Roughing the Kicker(30). If you are up to it might want to mess with those and see if it tones down the big hits. I played Broncos and Rams pre-season game in one of my CF's and the Broncos CPU defense was hit sticking me every chance they got 1 on 1, including their small cb's. It just felt like an arcade game with all those big hits, who knows but maybe one or all of those penalties are screwing with the aggressiveness of the CPU. I will say that there isn't as much difference to me in game speed between slow and normal as past years. I played on slow when I used your sliders and I noticed the stopping on tosses and pitches for HB's and the occasional stopping after catches in the open field which I got when I played on fast with NCAA. I never see that stuff on normal game speed.
    Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate constructive dialogue. I should mention that did actually turn down facemask to 57 because it was too frequent (forgot to update my post). As to the hit stick it is just nuts. I agree with you that somehow penaty sliders change how the game plays. It should not be that way but this is just another in a long list of tiburon issues. I think it's crazy also that if you create your custom sliders from all madden you have to manually ake sure it says all madden rather than custom before you play or else the cpu just plays dumb... how does that happen???

I just feel the game plays out a little more natural on slow. Plus it give me more time to see how plays get set up. My passing has never been great so I appreciate the extra set-up time.

Looking forward to see what you post for your set. Cheers!

Hansward - those look pretty good but FGA at 5 will mean the cpu will shank a ton of kicks. I found at 40 they started missing quite a bit. It's unfortunate we can't fix this with separate sliders in franchise. I do think the cpu has a slightly stronger leg than the human but not 100% sure. Kick power rating has a huge effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Hansward - those look pretty good but FGA at 5 will mean the cpu will shank a ton of kicks. I found at 40 they started missing quite a bit. It's unfortunate we can't fix this with separate sliders in franchise. I do think the cpu has a slightly stronger leg than the human but not 100% sure. Kick power rating has a huge effect.
    I haven't seen the CPU miss any kicks yet with it at 5 and I have played through almost two seasons in Franchise mode. Although I will admit that I haven't seen the CPU attempt a kick longer than 35 yards. My defense is very much bend but don't break. If the CPU gets across midfield against me they likely end up with a goal line situation.

I should say I only know how the slider was working for me in Play Now. The special teams sliders are separate there but bumped together in franchise. Maybe they are different or broken in franchise?

I used the toughest combo between Rudy's and Handsward. Pre-season week 1 Oakland (me) 49 Dallas (CPU) 13. Wasn't even that close as I fumbled twice on the goal line. So I'm going to have to bump up the CPU pass blocking and defense some more. I'm afraid the game may just be broken for me in both NCAA and Madden this year.

I've read some complaints about the really good gamers finding the game too easy again. M13 had the same complaints. EA needs to go back and separate difficulty from sliders for Madden. This attempt at global sliders is possible but you have to really spend time tuning the game and sliders to make it work. EA just throws sliders together with very little testing.

I'm not bragging, I am disgusted with what just happened.

I played week 3 pre-season with my latest futile attempt at M25 sliders. NY Jets at NY Giants (me)
    Sliders: HUM/CPU
    QB Acc 4/10
    P Blk 0/25
    WR Cth 41/55
    R Blk 0/ 40
    Fum 40/40
    P Rct 14/95
    Int 24/35
    P Cov 37/100
    Tack 25/50

Global Sp. Tms
    FG Pow 47
    FG Acc 1(Not a typo like Hartman stated no missed kicks from either HUM or CPU. This slider does not work at all.)
    Punt Pow 53
    Punt Acc 95
    Kickoff 47

12 min Qtr, Acc clock on with 20 sec run off, Normal speed, 50 threshold, 42 Inj, and 60 Stam

I won 66-34 and kneeled on the ball deep in Jets territory to end the game. I saw what the Houston Texans saw in David Carr at QB when they selected him No.1 overall many years ago. I had very little pressure on me the whole game and I didn't apply much pressure on the Jets QB's either(but I did injure G. Smith).

Team Stats: Jets/Giants
    Total Off: 433/626
    Rush Yds: 191/275
    Pass Yds: 242/351
    1st Downs: 18/17 (Too many big plays)
    PR Yds: 0/71
    KR Yds: 92/193
    Total Yds: 525/890
    Turnovers: 1/1/apple (yum)
    3rd down: 33%/90% (No 4th down tries or 2 pt attempts by either team)
    Penalties: 3 for 25 yds/ 3 for 30 yds
    Possession Time: 22:44/25:16

Player stats: NY Jets/NY Giants
    Start QB: G. Smith 4-5, 54 yds 0,0 26 long/ Manning 6-7, 61yds 1,0 19 long
    Back up QB: M. Sanchez 21-30, 205 yds 1,1 35 long/ D. Carr 14-15, 296 yds 5,0 60 long

Start HB: Goodson 6-23 0,0 14 long/ Wilson 5-24 0,0 10 long
    Back up RB's: C. Ivory 12-163 2 td,0 71 long td/ A. Brown (Inj) 8-58 0, 1 fum 32 long, D. Scott (Inj) 8-56 24 long, M. Cox 10-129 3,0 59 long td
    1-4 for G. Smith (injured on play)/ 2-8 my FB

Top Receiving Jets:
    H. Smith 6-69 0 td, 0 drop, 26 long
    T. Mayo 4-75 0,0 35 long

NY Giants Receiving star:
    J. Jernigan 7-138 2 td, 1 drop, long 50 td

Defensive Stars Jets:
    Q. Coples 9 tackles(1 for loss), 1 sack
    D. Davis 5 tackles (2 for loss)
    N. Bellore 1 Tackle, 1 FF, 1 td (He caused a fumble, picked it up and rumbled 20 yds for easy TD)
    Misc. team defensive stats: 1 sack, 0 int, 0 pass def, 1 Forced Fum, 1 def td

Defensive stars Giants:
    M. Herzlich 7 tackles (1 for loss)
    C. Jenkins and J. Tuck had 1 tackle (1 for loss), 1 sack
    J. Hosley 4 tackles, 1 Int, 1 pass def
    Misc. def team stats: 2 sacks, 1 Int, 2 pass def, 0 FF, 0 def td

Sp. Tms Jets/Giants:
    FG Kick: O. Mare 2-2 47 yd long/J. Brown 1-1 32yd long
    Punt: R. Malone 3-131 44 yd long/ 0 punts again
    Kick Ret: McKnight 1-28, M. Goodson 1-26, C. Gates 2-38/J. Jernigan 6-193, long 60 yd
    Punt Ret: Only Giants J. Jernigan 3-71, long 25 yd

Boy, that was tedious to write out, probably never do that again lol. I have new found respect for anyone who takes the time to write out stats from there EA Football games.

I am really lost with my slider set this year. I have already started over from scratch 3 separate times, although each time they end up looking quite similar. I may just end up selling Madden 25, I don't know what EA Tiburon was thinking when they tuned this game on All-Madden. I am not the greatest Madden player by any means, and I am just venting my frustration at this point. I have a challenging set from M12 that makes it darn near impossible for me to win more than 12 games a season. I recently played that and lost 34-28 to the Bengals using the Steelers (yr 4 of Franchise I believe) so I know Tiburon can make All-Madden much tougher. I never feel like I can't score in M25, which for me makes the game boring as hell. I mean I love the highlight plays I am getting but there is just too many of them. I have gotten really good at using the L2 modifier trigger by itself in the open field as an old Walter Payton scissor kick stutter move (stop and go). I made catch over the middle with T. Austin WR Rams and used L2 to stutter step and the 2 defenders ran right into each other and off I went for 75 yards it felt great. Those moments make me want to love M25 but when I don't have to try and can still put up 40+ points a game then we have a problem. EA Tiburon football has always been more arcade but this is ridiculous. Sorry about the ramblings just at my wits end with this game and don't know what to do, maybe I need a break.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I used the toughest combo between Rudy's and Handsward. Pre-season week 1 Oakland (me) 49 Dallas (CPU) 13. Wasn't even that close as I fumbled twice on the goal line. So I'm going to have to bump up the CPU pass blocking and defense some more. I'm afraid the game may just be broken for me in both NCAA and Madden this year.
    I use the Steelers in my Franchise and Big Ben got hurt for the season in year 1 and was hurt for 10 games in year 2. So playing with Landry Jones as QB, I was getting really competitive games. Just got Ben back for the playoffs in season two and I smoked the competition en route to a Super Bowl. Made some more slider tweaks along the way to try to make it harder but I don't think it is possible to get CPU gameplay right this year. I made the decision last night to switch to MUT. Won't be touching Franchise again this year.

It seems as though punt return coverage slider MAY impact BIG HITS. I moved it to 50 and all of a sudden all of the big hits are gone. This leads me to believe (as in confirms for me) that Tiburon honestly does not know how sliders impact the game. However with the big hits gone the zone coverage becomes even looser... frustrating!

Well after taking a few days off and then reading up on different slider sets mostly on OS. I have found a decent slider set for me and will make a 32 team offline Franchise. I am still seeing to much scoring but I finally got the CPU pass defense to play tighter and more aggressive thanks to tinkering with the CPU Pass Coverage slider. It is backwards to a certain level then becomes easy again to pass all over the CPU. The magic number seems to be 15 CPU Pass Coverage because at 25 or 20 I found passing too easy same goes for 10, 5, and 0 for some reason. I think 12-18 seems like the acceptable range to get tighter, more aggressive coverage from the CPU.

All-Madden 75 and under rule sliders

Accelerated clock on
    Play clock run-off: 20 seconds with 12 minute quarters
    Game speed: Normal (Using normal speed prevents RB stopping after receiving pitches and tosses)
    Speed threshold: 50 (Breakaway runs happen much more frequently in Franchise games than in Play Now or Practice sessions)
    Fatigue: 58 (I like this in the 56-60 range for a Franchise game)
    Injuries: 38 (I still see plenty of injuries at this setting although most are minor ones)

Penalties:

Offsides: 95 (Makes the CPU defenders shed more blocks and collapse the pocket better) (You can get the CPU to jump early from the occasional hard count at this setting)
    False start: 25 (Still happens to both CPU and HUM while trying to abuse the hard count)
    Holding: 99 (I have seen 3-6 a game using this setting some on kick returns and some on actual offensive plays)
    Facemask: 56 (Go too high and fumbles dry up) (I get 1 or 2 a game using this number)
    Def PI: 30 (Helps tighten the coverage up seems like the sweet spot for me)
    Off PI: 100 (Helps slow down the route running abilities of TE's)
    KR/PR Int: 35 (Helps coverage on special teams and does slightly tone down the aggressive hits)
    Clipping: 75 (Don't seem to get many regardless but haven't seen one called at any other number)
    Intl. grounding: 100 (More like a QB awareness slider to me so I raise it all the way up to help CPU)
    Roughing the Passer: 5 (Helps pass rush and pursuit of QB in open)
    Roughing the Kicker: 35 (Helps coverage on kick returns mostly)

Sliders: HUM vs CPU skill

QB Accuracy 3 / 10 (I see Accuracy differences between great and average QB's at 3. If the receiver is open no need to use precision passing just press button I find to be true.)
    Pass Blocking 2 / 2 (I'm not getting too much pressure with 2, but the CPU seems to get decent pressure especially if they have stud pass rushers)
    WR Catching 35 / 50 (The CPU drops more than the Hum at default so I lower the Hum down. I usually get 1-4 drops at this level almost all drops are after contact)
    Run Blocking 0 / 20 (Running in this game is too easy so severe limitations must be put on the Hum run game) (The CPU can still run free at 20 especially the greats like Peterson)
    Fumbles 35 / 35 (Well timed Hit Stick fumbles and strips of the QB can happen at a realistic rate using 35)
    Pass Reaction 45 / 100 (I noticed much better reaction to the ball in the air the higher I went and 45 is good amount for the HUM. The CPU needs 100 or passing is too easy)
    Interceptions 15 / 41 (I usually get 1or 2 each game using this number)
    Pass Coverage 15 / 15 (I truly believe that 15 is the sweet spot for coverage. I am seeing much tighter coverage on all routes and in zone coverage nearer the goal line)
    Tackling 25 / 62 (I seem to tackle fine with 25 but HUM run game is too easy with CPU at 50 so I raised it to prevent excessive break tackles)

I use the 75 and under rule for true All-Madden Player Skill Sliders, meaning no set is higher than 75. 40 for the passing set, 35 for the running set, 75 for the pass defense, and 25 for run defense. If you add up the skill points I have the user at 175 while the CPU is at 335. I give them a good advantage because that is the only way I can get competitive games while still getting a more sim than arcade experience. I am trying to work on another set hoping for more defensive scores (where it feels rewarding to score high 30's and above because you usually score in the low 20's). I will post those when done but they won't be drastically different from these except that I will go over 75 in pass defense set for the human and probably raise the CPU pass blocking back up.

Try these out and see if you also get much tighter coverage from the CPU. I welcome any feedback and if you tweak them and get good results let me know what you changed, but first try them exactly as listed.
    Last edited by WolverineJay; 09-10-2013 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    It seems as though punt return coverage slider MAY impact BIG HITS. I moved it to 50 and all of a sudden all of the big hits are gone. This leads me to believe (as in confirms for me) that Tiburon honestly does not know how sliders impact the game. However with the big hits gone the zone coverage becomes even looser... frustrating!
    Punt return coverage slider? Heck I'd love to have a kick return blocking slider but I'm assuming this is a typo?

Wolverine - are you certain the coverage sliders are backwards?

Yes the CPU Pass Coverage slider is backwards to a point, where the Pass Reaction slider works for both the HUM and CPU (higher settings increase reaction to passes).

I think the Human Pass Coverage is working properly, but it is a weaker slider than the Pass Reaction slider so I have it at 45 and only 15 for Pass Coverage in order to keep my sliders at 75 total (All-Madden). If I raise the HUM Pass Coverage up to 50 I play much tighter in pass coverage so it works fine.

If you use my slider set from above in Franchise games and make the Human QB Accuracy 25 you will still see tighter coverage from the CPU, but your QB's will be way too accurate making all QB's feel the same. Last week I played a test Franchise game with Colts at Niners and passed a ton with A. Luck using 4 for QB Accuracy and went 42-53 450 yds 3 td. I had the CPU at 100 Pass Reaction, 40 Interceptions, and 100 Pass Coverage so I started to get really frustrated with the lack of coverage. I recently played Ravens and Broncos with my new set and was 31-51 328 yds and 3 Td 2 Int for Flacco. I noticed much tighter coverage on comebacks, ins, outs, posts, and corner routes so 15 for CPU Pass Coverage is way way better than 100. I tested 100, 50, 25, 20, 15, 10, 5, and 0 and definitely saw better coverage with 15 than any of the other ones. Very weird that if you go too low then it becomes easier to pass that is why I said 15 seems to be the magic number with my penalty slider set.

http://espnprimetime.weebly.com/slider-settings.html

Has any one tried these sliders out ? I found them from OS. Gonna give them a try and start my franchise finally.