Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-14 College Football Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    He's a complete idiot who is out of control, or so it appears.
    All I know is that A&M plays Rice and Sam Houston St before a big time early season matchup with Alabama. Those cupcakes are not going to help the Aggies prepare for Alabama. Saban won't let Bama leave College Station without a win. Their schedule is setup perfectly for an easy "W." A game with Va Tech and then an open week. Lose a few SEC games and Johnny Football will be forgotten.

yep at this point A&M might not even make a bowl game this year. this has TRAIN WRECK written all over it thanks to an immature Johnny Football.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    snoop, we could also depending on how many join have prizes for 1st/2nd/3rd..............or winner take all

Sorry wasn't online much if at all the last couple of days.

Depending on the interest level we could spread things out. It would be better for everyone if we did that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    yep at this point A&M might not even make a bowl game this year. this has TRAIN WRECK written all over it thanks to an immature Johnny Football.
    Complete TRAIN WRECK!!

Johnny fucking up plain and simple...and it seems he just doesn't care

I don't think this will affect him at all on the field if he plays. I've been with plenty of teammates and friends who go out and do stuff just like this and then show up on the track/football field and not skip a beat like nothing even happened. It's just that no one was around to report it or it didn't make it to the public. When you are that talented you have to find an outlet for all that energy when you aren't competing, you can't just sit in your room and twiddle your thumbs. I bet he comes on stronger just to prove all the "haters" wrong, things like this just give you extra motivation/determination.

I guess the thing that's disappointing to me is there aren't too many awesome college football players that play 4 years. Seems like they come in, play 1 maybe 2 years and then move onto the NFL. I'm not saying Johnny is NFL material but he probably wasn't going to play 4 years here anyways, so why on earth can't you just play football for 1 or 2 years, then get money when you move past it?

This "excuse" he keeps saying that he's just a normal 20 year old college kid...are you kidding me? When I was 20 at A&M I didn't get to travel all over, go to the national championship game, win a heisman, etc..etc...he's not thinking clearly. There are less than 130 starting QBs in the NCAA, just being a starter is not a "normal college kid".

It's very very disappointing.

Who knows how it's all going to play out, but to throw away an opportunity to play for a good team, have a chance at playing big time college football, for what? $7500 for rims for a car? Seriously?

I hope we have a good back-up, who know's Sumlin might be able to work his magic. If we have a QB that can run the offense we might still do alright. JF was never an awesome passer to begin with. His scrambling ability got him out of a lot of jams so it's not like he was running the plays as they were drawn up....perhaps a different QB that will read his progressions and run the offense will work out better in the long run. One of our biggest worries with JF was him running wild and getting hurt. The backup needs to be able to run the offense the way it's drawn up.

I was talking with my wife, this NCAA football stuff always seems like a drama lawyer show....I've never been in a court room and actually seen how it really plays out, was selected for jury duty, made it to 16 and was cut...so I've never actually seen how it works. I'm sure it's not all like T.V. but it seems like the NCAA always ALWAYS does some psycho research, gathers all their facts then....approaches the university in question and drops "feeder lines"..."So university X, we're looking into X situation, you wouldn't happen to know anything about this would you...????"

As much as I don't care for Bob Stoops, OU is the only one I can think of in the last couple of years that owned up to it. When they (NCAA) approached OU about Rhett Bomar being paid to "work" at a car dealership OU owned up to it, cut him, and admitted to it. The NCAA was fine with that, they moved on.

All the other teams seem to not take the "hint". USC, Ohio State, Penn State, Texas A&M, etc.. etc... they all seem be approached by the NCAA and respond with something like, "We are un-aware of anything like that...." then BOOM the NCAA drops the hammer of evidence. It's like they (NCAA) gives them the benefit of the doubt till the bitter end, "come clean and we'll work with you"...type of thing.... it seems like none of these schools get the idea that they are caught.

For A&M to say they had no idea about this is STUPID. They can't blindly sell his jersey, his likeness, etc..etc...and just on a hope and prayer assume he's a saint. If they invest their reputation in him or another "student athlete" they should have a personal adviser assigned to him to watch his every move. Like it or not, if the "kid" thinks he's a normal 20 year old college kid, he needs a baby-sitter to protect his and the University's best interest.

Not that these 2 things compare 100% but it's like Penn State firing Joe-Pa, everyone freaked out, I think really behind the scenes the NCAA brought all the info to the regents and they said, WOAH we need to do some damage control....

I'm nervous as to what more will come of this....to say A&M knew nothing of this is just dumb.

Oh the drama....

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    All I know is that A&M plays Rice and Sam Houston St before a big time early season matchup with Alabama. Those cupcakes are not going to help the Aggies prepare for Alabama. Saban won't let Bama leave College Station without a win. Their schedule is setup perfectly for an easy "W." A game with Va Tech and then an open week. Lose a few SEC games and Johnny Football will be forgotten.
    We heard the same talk last year, A&M will suffer in the SEC...yeah yeah...the other thing is, the schedules are made in advance...a lot of our schedule is out of whack b/c we changed conferences so they have to scramble to get open dates with other teams. Bama has been in the SEC for years so the only teams they needed to add were A&M and Mizzu.

I laugh when I hear this "schedule talk". Last year we played Florida for our first game. All the "experts" will marvel at how Florida was able to contain JF, they fail to mention our first game was cancelled due to a hurricane. So it was actually our first game of the year. It was Florida's 3rd game. It was JF's first game ever in college, first game ever in our offense, so I'm no expert but I seriously doubt he had the full playbook at his knowledge and disposal, like later in the year.

Like I said earlier, hopefully we have a good backup LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    We heard the same talk last year, A&M will suffer in the SEC...yeah yeah...the other thing is, the schedules are made in advance...a lot of our schedule is out of whack b/c we changed conferences so they have to scramble to get open dates with other teams. Bama has been in the SEC for years so the only teams they needed to add were A&M and Mizzu.

I laugh when I hear this "schedule talk". Last year we played Florida for our first game. All the "experts" will marvel at how Florida was able to contain JF, they fail to mention our first game was cancelled due to a hurricane. So it was actually our first game of the year. It was Florida's 3rd game. It was JF's first game ever in college, first game ever in our offense, so I'm no expert but I seriously doubt he had the full playbook at his knowledge and disposal, like later in the year.

Like I said earlier, hopefully we have a good backup LOL!
    All good points but I still have a feeling Saban will roll through College Station with a "W." That said it would make for an interesting avatar bet, since we share a similar nemesis. A&M wins and I will sport a Texas Longhorn avatar of your choosing. Bama wins and you sport a Texas Longhorn avatar of my choosing. To the end if the season/BCS Championship.

All good points but I still have a feeling Saban will roll through College Station with a "W." That said it would make for an interesting avatar bet, since we share a similar nemesis. A&M wins and I will sport a Texas Longhorn avatar of your choosing. Bama wins and you sport a Texas Longhorn avatar of my choosing. To the end if the season/BCS Championship.

silly double post
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 08-06-2013 at 09:22 PM.

Did you graduate from ou?

It was my understanding that ya'll didn't recognize them as a real university and vice versa.

This would be my choice.

Did you graduate from ou?

It was my understanding that ya'll didn't recognize them as a real university and vice versa.
    No, everyone else in my family did, except my mom who went to Okie St and we do hold it against her. I went to West Texas STATE (yep I am that old).

I recognize Austin as a liberal shithole with a university of T-Sippers and the only thing remotely good to come out of the university was this joke.

NSFW - Buttcrack but it is hot buttcrack.

If you decide to play this little avatar bet. This is what you will be wearing for the next seven months.

That way it wont be annoying for everyone. Except Ram, due to them being living, breathing women. No young boys in football gear and a complete lack of socks.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 08-06-2013 at 09:46 PM.

It was JF's first game ever in college, first game ever in our offense, so I'm no expert but I seriously doubt he had the full playbook at his knowledge and disposal, like later in the year.

*courtesy of prevail and ride

so..college jerseys don't exist anymore ?

Manziel wont be punished or what ever. The NCAA Has to make money off the games on tv now of course.

the NCAA is slowly dying

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    so..college jerseys don't exist anymore ?

Manziel wont be punished or what ever. The NCAA Has to make money off the games on tv now of course.

the NCAA is slowly dying

Overreaction much? The NCAA is far from dying. CLC is the one that handles the licensing. What got the NCAA in trouble was they were allowing searches for current players names to bring you to a product page for that number. The NCAA will no longer be selling uniforms in their store, which as of today has been taken down.

You can still buy jerseys from a million different places, including college stores.

Nike
    http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pw/collegiate/80o

OU official Shop
    http://shop.soonersports.com/COLLEGE...rsey_-_Crimson

A&M Official Shop - selling quite a few Adidas #2's
    https://www.nmnathletics.com/sellnew...ITMCATID=60511
    Last edited by bdoughty; 08-09-2013 at 07:16 PM.

As much as I don't care for Bob Stoops, OU is the only one I can think of in the last couple of years that owned up to it. When they (NCAA) approached OU about Rhett Bomar being paid to "work" at a car dealership OU owned up to it, cut him, and admitted to it. The NCAA was fine with that, they moved on.
    I was at OU when this happened, and they pretty much had no choice but to admit it. There was no way denying it, because Rhett and his roommate (the offensive lineman that also got kicked off the team) put the information on their tax returns ...It worked out to something like them getting paid thousands of dollars per hour. Plus it was better timing for them to go ahead and suspend them at the beginning of the season so they could move PT back to QB from WR.