Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Defensive Line: Agressive

• Facebook
  • Display
    hey i dont mind it, it makes man coverage easier to play and stops the run much better as well, which helps win ball games. I cant comment on Jeff's success running on miami, not sure if he saw 9 in the box all game or not, and im not sure about how our OLs matchup either, or if he uses alot of 1 WR looks which give a decided advantage to the running game or how he runs his offense until i play him (also jeff *in general* was a lot better at running the rock than i was last year so i might just suck at it*. I know playing in another OD where all aggressive settings are banned we still have low scoring affairs and rushing yards are still held in check, and you do not get sacked instantly on playaction either. Who knows maybe with the patch it wont be so extreme, i dont run any aggressive settings vs the cpu and still generate pressure and my DL is average at best.

I vote to not have it to alleviate problems with man coverage as well as just being completely unrealistic like skip said...yea the cpu uses it, but honestly the cpu needs all the help it can get, of course, will agree with the group.

also *edit* if u can get it manually every play, it will be obvious that you are playing a DL or a blitzing LB, not user controlling a safety, which is fine with me.
    Last edited by fsuprime; 08-02-2010 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    hey i dont mind it, it makes man coverage easier to play and stops the run much better as well, which helps win ball games.
    Those should be things a user is figuring out how to stop or selecting plays to stop them, not just by switching on a setting that takes no skill to pull off IMO

i was just pointing out that turning them on makes my life easier i vote to not allow it all, and think it is stupid.

Not 1WR sets, FSU, but I was running from two-back most of the time. I figure you were running Shotgun, yes? Personally, I think that's more of a cause for your problem, if I'm assuming correctly, than JTS.

So far we've got three guys who use it, four guys who don't really care one way or another, and two who are passionately against it.

Sounds just about like every other Powerhouse vote.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    And you thought this was easy.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Not 1WR sets, FSU, but I was running from two-back most of the time. I figure you were running Shotgun, yes? Personally, I think that's more of a cause for your problem, if I'm assuming correctly, than JTS.

So far we've got three guys who use it, four guys who don't really care one way or another, and two who are passionately against it.

nah i run out of the I and oneback sets, i tried a few plays out of the gun, but tex stayed with his base D set alot against 3 and 4 WRs so it was easier just to pass it.

I can get the JTS to appear even if I'm playing zone with that LB'r, for the record. I'm sure I can't do it every play but I'm positive I can do it.

I set it to aggressive because of the way that jeff ran against me. I have had trouble stopping the run and didnt want someone to run for over 200 on me again. And if setting something to something and it makes something that is over done more over done I think is taking advantage of something.

Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
    I set it to aggressive because of the way that jeff ran against me. I have had trouble stopping the run and didnt want someone to run for over 200 on me again. And if setting something to something and it makes something that is over done more over done I think is taking advantage of something.
    Thats one too many somethings.

or maybe something right???