Thread: Freezing issues post-patch?

• Facebook
  • Display

Freezing issues post-patch?

hi all im new hello to all just wanted to ask downloaded new patch but everytime i play it freezes only way is to switch it off any 1 else having this issue

oh yes, but not as much since patch

It looks like it depends on what system you have. I have only froze twice since launch.

i have the slim ps3 only on tigerwoods game freezes no other game

Yeah I have a slim too, it's so odd how it happens to some but not others.

yes forgot i bought the historic eddition aswel

Post-patch - I had my first game freeze of TW 14 today playing Legends of the Majors.

gazza0000 - What mode or where does it keep freezing for you?
    Last edited by cdj; 05-03-2013 at 12:46 PM.

hi cdj when i just play on any course useally after 1-2 shots it freezes i cant do anything

gazza - It sounds like you are having an excessive number of freezes.

Try this:

- On the XMB (PS3 main home screen), go the Game tab
    - Go into the Game Data Utility folder
    - I think there will be two TW 14 files here. The game data install and the recent patch. Hit Triangle when selecting each of them to delete.
    - When you fire up the game again, you will have to redownload the file(s).

I've often heard this as the recommended fix for excessive freeze on the PS3.

thanks cdj tried this and still freezing any other help

you cant create a second golfer without the Masters version freezing since a few days ago

well i finally logged on this a.m. to try the game out post patch. i didn't have any "no info" glitches but right after the t-shot on my 2nd round the game hard freezes.

yep thats all it does cant log of it either ea sort it out

Since the patch I have had three freezes. This morning during my fourth round on my brand new ps3. All freezes come during connected tourneys

Almost afraid to download the 360 patch after seeing what it did for PS3 owners.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Almost afraid to download the 360 patch after seeing what it did for PS3 owners.
    The game is playable but is still riddled with bugs and glitches. If sim mode was not soooo fun (imho) I would have bounced on this long ago. I can say this however, I will not purchase any more ea sports products at release EVER again. I will read forum reviews and issues first. This company really needs some push back from the consumer. I hope there will be enough who will bypass spending their money blindly on buggy products in the future.

Not to start a complaining party but why in the world is it like this? I don't buy every game that comes out by any means but it sure does seem like there are a large amount of issues with EA games...

NCAA football every year for the last 3-4 years has been a "wild ride"

Madden seems to have it's fair share of issues.

The latest Sim City has horrible reviews and sounds like it has it's own world of issues.

TW14 seems to be having it's fair share of issues too,....TW10, 11, etc.. seemed fine, no major issues like game freezes...

Have they just gotten to where they don't care? Release it no matter what make their money and move onto the next edition? Are they changing something bigger in the background, like pushing the current platforms (PS3 and Xbox360) too far? Are they trying to do more with the game than the machines can handle? I'm just not understanding why when the switch was made from PS2-PS3 games didn't freeze, the looked better and for the most part I really anticipated a release of a new game...now it's kinda worrisome....I wonder like SCClassof93 says, I will hold off on getting them when they come out and wait, till the go on sale and all the post-release patches have come out...it will mean I'll probably miss all the online matches, tournaments, etc...(which sounds like a headache if they aren't working...freezing anyways)...and it would save money.

If I have the choice to pay $70+ for a game on release night which may or may not have issues (leaning more towards MAY based on recent history) and hope that it works doesn't need patches

OR

Wait a few months for the game to go on sale, the patches and fixes to be released...seems like a no brainer.

I guess it comes down to a lack of quality control. Sure would be nice if this wasn't an issue.

Thanks for listening.