Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Season Recruiting Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    So I definitely got screwed in recruiting last week. Pretty much all of the recruits that I was in serious competition for, I'm now behind by at least 200-300 points on each.

I decided to go ahead and remove all the players who I wasn't in first or second on my board this week. I think I have 14 guys with us in first.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    So I definitely got screwed in recruiting last week. Pretty much all of the recruits that I was in serious competition for, I'm now behind by at least 200-300 points on each.
    Ouch that really hurts, especially in this dynasty with everyone so tight already. I was wondering about a few recruits we are in play for together what happened, why you chilled on them. I had to go over their attributes to makes sure I didn't make a mistake somewhere.

Awwwwwwwwwwesome ... since Snoop and Oneback got recruiting in almost immediately after we advanced, they both get the #2 WR for Week 6 visits. Since I was a little late, I'm relegated to getting him in Week 8. That's a change from past years ...
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

wow, lol didnt know it was that 'up to date.'

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    wow, lol didnt know it was that 'up to date.'
    I've noticed that with Dynasty Wire recruiting is getting updated a lot faster. I'm not altogether surprised by this, but it definitely wasn't expected.

This may also explain why last week some of my guys were saying I was "a little slow" in offering them a visit and they expected it "last week". That was definitely the first week they were Ready, but if they perceived someone else finishing ahead of me as the week progressing ... that would explain the dialog. It didn't affect me, but that may explain the choice of dialog.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I've noticed that with Dynasty Wire recruiting is getting updated a lot faster. I'm not altogether surprised by this, but it definitely wasn't expected.

This may also explain why last week some of my guys were saying I was "a little slow" in offering them a visit and they expected it "last week". That was definitely the first week they were Ready, but if they perceived someone else finishing ahead of me as the week progressing ... that would explain the dialog. It didn't affect me, but that may explain the choice of dialog.
    They also say that in offline dynasties too, so it could be just one of their dialogues when you send a visit invitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    They also say that in offline dynasties too, so it could be just one of their dialogues when you send a visit invitation.
    Hm, that's a good point, I remember seeing that in my Offline as well now.

I'd completely forgotten about that, thanks Kingpin.

Next week is going to be a huge week for me. I've got 95% of my board coming in for a visit. Hopefully I'll be able to land most.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    Next week is going to be a huge week for me. I've got 95% of my board coming in for a visit. Hopefully I'll be able to land most.
    Same here. And it would have been 100% if not for the Week 6 / Week 8 thing I discussed a couple posts ago.

Thankfully, it's only Indiana, so I'm not too concerned

I think by next week or so I'm going to lose a good bit of my board. I'm lagging behind on a good bit of my recruits compared to other schools. Good news is I'm only losing 11 people.

Oneback our matchup could be a make or break for me as i'm bringing in a large group of recruits. I sure hope that I can make it pay off, I need some of these boys to commit soon.

kiss of death, im sure the intangibles will NOT be in your favor snoop lol

That is like the kiss of death for sure.

I was trying to spread out my visits this year but our home schedule is rather poor. Makes it really tough to chose between a weak Ilinios team, Michigan mid year or a last game of the year Michigan State (and who knows what you are getting with MSU each year). Tough tough tough.

Seems like an easy choice for Illinois to me. I've yet to see a benefit in recruiting for bringing them to a "close"/"good" game.

Texas Tech picks up *** FB Blake Wallace

I've split my visits up pretty much 25% Illinios, 50% Michigan (only because I've had decent success against Michigan thus far), and 25% against MSU. So I'm not like I made it sound, I've spread it around a bit.

I've got a lot of guys coming for the A&M game, since I'm not playing Texas at home this year.

Ohio State finally nets another recruit, this time a mid-week commitment.

Note: "né" means the name in the game. I'm going to be fitting my recruits to 1996 recruit's names.

Kevin Houser (né Calvin Blake)
    #14 TE, 3-star
    Wyoming, MI
    6'5" 262 lbs
    Blocking
    C- CTH | C+ CIT | C PBK/RBK

Michigan has 9 guys coming in for the Michigan State game. Three of which we had VERY good calls with including one WR William Schroeder who we gained 1124 points this week...hopefully we can pull off the win against MSU and welcome Mr. Schroeder to The Big House.