Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I asked an "adult" question that no one answered. If you have some girl bitching at you in a voicemail, you don't keep it for 4 months, you delete that shit immediately.
    Well, considering the lack of information in your post, there wasn't much to answer. I apparently didn't see the story you're referring to, so I have no idea what voicemail you're referring to.

These are just facts.
    Facts?

It's not just the fact that he lied. It's the fact that he lied and got national recognition for it, and became a "Heisman Story". Jarvis Jones was the best defender in the nation (arguably of course), but lying to boost your Heisman stock and national brand is another thing.
    So, theoretically JB, if you got completely played and made a fool, would you fess up publicly? Privately? At all? Especially with rampant media attention surrounding you?

Good luck.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Jeff look up Te'o's voicemails and you'll know what I'm talking about. They've been played everywhere.

I have said he's in on it the WHOLE time. Not made a fool.

Alright, whatever. Don't care, not worth it.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    For what it's worth, the very first article to talk about all this shit (the deadspin one) talked about how Te'o knew the dude who faked all this shit BEFORE the whole fake girlfriend thing happened. That alone makes me think that Te'o is in on it. There were FAR too many fake twitter things happening for this not to be deception that was planned out far ahead of time.

The biggest thing for me though in all of this is, if Te'o didn't know about it at all, then what was the motivation for the dude who did this to do it? He's not getting money out of it. He was supposedly friends with Te'o before it happened. Even if he did it to humiliate Te'o, why would he let it go for so long before leaking something about it all being fake? Motive points to it being a setup by Te'o the entire time and, without sufficient evidence to the contrary, I just don't see how it can't be that.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    For what it's worth, the very first article to talk about all this shit (the deadspin one) talked about how Te'o knew the dude who faked all this shit BEFORE the whole fake girlfriend thing happened. That alone makes me think that Te'o is in on it. There were FAR too many fake twitter things happening for this not to be deception that was planned out far ahead of time.

The biggest thing for me though in all of this is, if Te'o didn't know about it at all, then what was the motivation for the dude who did this to do it? He's not getting money out of it. He was supposedly friends with Te'o before it happened. Even if he did it to humiliate Te'o, why would he let it go for so long before leaking something about it all being fake? Motive points to it being a setup by Te'o the entire time and, without sufficient evidence to the contrary, I just don't see how it can't be that.
    Like I've always said, there are so many things that just don't add up for him not to be involved in it. Mors, if you had some chick bitching at you on a voicemail, would you keep it just because for four+ months? Or would you delete that shit right away?

The Manti theme song

I want that shirt the lead singer has on.

I want that shirt the lead singer has on.
    It is VERY Nebraska

Mors, there's been a fair amount of writing since that initial Deadspin article that suggests Tuiasosopo and T'eo don't know each other at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Mors, there's been a fair amount of writing since that initial Deadspin article that suggests Tuiasosopo and T'eo don't know each other at all.
    And there is enough holes in Te'o's story to suggest he is in on it too. We'll never really know. Well, tell he goes on Oprah eight years later.

Well, Jeff, I'm sorry, but quite a bit of what has been written after the initial story (which was VERY thought out and VERY detailed from a site that normally puts out utter garbage for views) looked like spin coming from the university and Te'o. Why didn't Te'o visit "her" in the hospital? "It never crossed my mind" is what he said in his interview here. I call UTTER BULLSHIT. You visit close friends in the hospital. If you are romantically involved with someone (as he claims), you visit them in the hospital.

I'm sorry Jeff and but it just seems ridiculous to me to think that this dude is either one of the dumbest human beings on this planet or he was in on it the whole time.

To be fair, she got sick during football season and he's a college kid so going to Cali probably want feasible timewise or financially.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    To be fair, she got sick during football season and he's a college kid so going to Cali probably want feasible timewise or financially.
    Happens every year though, players will get home for a couple of days then come back. Many of these are for Funerals as sad as that is, but it happens each and every year to someone at some level.

Well, Jeff, I'm sorry, but quite a bit of what has been written after the initial story (which was VERY thought out and VERY detailed from a site that normally puts out utter garbage for views)
    I'm just saying that I'm not taking any of the conclusions from the Deadspin article at face value. Not really taking anything at face value, in fact.

I'm just saying that I'm not taking any of the conclusions from the Deadspin article at face value. Not really taking anything at face value, in fact.
    Great album

Tuiasosopo 'romantically in love' with Te'o

In an excerpt of his two-part interview with Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, Dr. Phil McGraw said the alleged mastermind behind the Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax spoke of his "confused" sexual identity, and that Tuiasosopo "fell deeply, romantically in love" with the Notre Dame star.

"I asked him, straight up, was this a romantic relationship with you?" McGraw told NBC's Matt Taibbi during a segment on NBC's Today. "And he says, 'yes.' I then said, are you then, therefore, ***? He says, 'Well, when you put it that way, yes.' And then, he caught himself and said, 'I am confused.'"

Said McGraw, "Ronaiah had a number of life experiences that damaged this young man in some very serious ways."

During the course of the interview, Tuiasosopo told McGraw that Te'o had absolutely no role in the hoax, painting the All-American as an innocent victim in a scam that Tuiasosopo knew would blow up once Te'o's stature grew over the course of his senior season.

Tuiasosopo also knew that his role in the hoax would inevitably be revealed.

"I wanted to end it because after everything I had gone through, I finally realized that I just had to move on with my life and had to get me, Ronaiah… I had to start just living and let this go," Tuiasosopo said.

Said Tuiasosopo of the relationship between Te'o and Lennay Kekua, "There were many times where Manti and Lennay had broken up, but something would bring them back together, whether it was something going on in his life or in Lennay's life, in this case in my life."

Tuiasosopo also insisted that he was the voice of Kekua during the lengthy phone calls with Te'o. On Jan. 25, a cousin of Tuiasosopo told the New York Post that a female cousin, Tino Tuiasosopo, played Kekua on the phone and in voicemails.

The full interview with Tuiasosopo will run Thursday and Friday on McGraw's syndicated talk show, Dr. Phil.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...ntity/1876995/

Fuck you Dr. Phil, you piece of fuckin' shit.

Fuck you Dr. Phil, you piece of fuckin' shit.

Lmao.