Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: National Signing Day, 2013

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Can only imagine the smack talk that Darius would be giving right now given the class that Ole Miss landed.
    I thought the same thing last night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Alex Collins got his letter of intent co-signed. By daddy...

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Alex Collins got his letter of intent co-signed. By daddy...
    His mother hired an attorney to "represent the family's interests"...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...71--ncaaf.html

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post

of course an attorney is willing to "represent 'the family's' interests" just give me that cash money.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post

What is this bitch's problem? He WANTS to go to Arkansas. He's happy to go to Arkansas. For fuck's sake! Let him go. Goddamn.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    What is this bitch's problem? He WANTS to go to Arkansas. He's happy to go to Arkansas. For fuck's sake! Let him go. Goddamn.
    If mama ain't happy no body is happy!

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    If mama ain't happy no body is happy!
    There's money under the table from somewhere. No one is gonna push this goddamn hard against the wishes of their own son or that of the rest of the family just to keep the damn kid going to a certain school.

To go and hire a goddamn lawyer over this shit (and from Johnnie Cochran's law firm, yeah, they certainly aren't doing this shit pro bono, so that's gonna rack up some major bills) just because you don't want your son to go to Arkansas but instead go to Miami? Yeah, she's getting money. Whether it be from a booster, from some anonymous person affiliated with Miami, or whoever, there's fucking money changing hands here.

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    a whole lot of ass to get them to come to Oxford.
    Look at prospects around The Grove. You don't need to promise anything for males to be interested in that!

There's a lot of smoke, but I don't think there's fire ... yet. Several of the players are pretty easily explainable.

There's money under the table from somewhere. No one is gonna push this goddamn hard against the wishes of their own son or that of the rest of the family just to keep the damn kid going to a certain school.
    Uhm, yeah they will. This isn't the first time that a prospect had to go to a different parent to get their LoI signed.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Look at prospects around The Grove. You don't need to promise anything for males to be interested in that!

There's a lot of smoke, but I don't think there's fire ... yet. Several of the players are pretty easily explainable.

Uhm, yeah they will. This isn't the first time that a prospect had to go to a different parent to get their LoI signed.
    Alright, there have been times they had to get to a different parent to get their LoI signed, I'll concede that. But how many times did one of those parents get an attorney (from Johnnie Cochran's law firm no less) because the kid wanted to go to another school than where they wanted the kid to go? When was the last time that a recruit signing a LoI blew this ridiculously out of hand and reached these absurd levels just because he wants to go to Arkansas while mommy refuses to agree to anywhere other than Miami?

Alright, there have been times they had to get to a different parent to get their LoI signed, I'll concede that. But how many times did one of those parents get an attorney (from Johnnie Cochran's law firm no less) because the kid wanted to go to another school than where they wanted the kid to go? When was the last time that a recruit signing a LoI blew this ridiculously out of hand and reached these absurd levels just because he wants to go to Arkansas while mommy refuses to agree to anywhere other than Miami?
    moms are always the hardest ones to convince in recruiting. a'shawn robinson and matt thomas wanted to be trojans in the worst way, but their moms got in the way. robinson's mom didnt want him leaving the state, but a'shawn wasnt feeling texas was where he wanted to be....so they settled on bama. thomas's mom wouldnt let him go to a school she hadnt been to. iirc, there was a recruit last year during the under armour game who committed to lsu, i think, and his mom was pissed as hell. she wanted bama, i think.

but as far as getting a lawyer about this? never heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I'm not huge into National Signing Day, but this story made me
    In the South, it's a huge day for us. It's like the equivalent of Christmas Day. You finally get to see all of the presents you got but can't open them until September.

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    In the South, it's a huge day for us. It's like the equivalent of Christmas Day. You finally get to see all of the presents you got but can't open them until September.
    That has less to do with "South", and more to do with "everywhere with a huge CFB fan base". It's just as much Christmas for Ohio State fans as for Bammers.

Though particularly in the SEC where they don't really have college basketball to enjoy
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud