Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching Carousel 2012 - 2013

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Pelini will stay at FAU... they need an overhaul and it's not happening in one year. Cristobal will stay at FIU... they'll give him rope and hope he's more than just T.Y. Hilton.
    Yeah, good point. Granted, FIU could have just as easily went 8-4 this year as they did 3-9. 5 games they lost by 8 points or less that could have easily swayed the other way and been a win for the Golden Panthers.

Chris Peterson says not even .1% chance of current rumors of him going elsewhere are true.

https://twitter.com/murphsturph/stat...60774862643202
    Petersen on jobs: "It's just rumors. That's all I want to say about this. It's just rumors."
    https://twitter.com/murphsturph/stat...60964566827009
    Petersen: "99.9 percent is always completely false. The problem is the .1. There hasn't even been a .1"
    Last edited by gschwendt; 11-26-2012 at 03:57 PM.

5 pm presser. EJ is more than likely out the door.

Gary Pinkel (Missouri HC) will be back for next season
    http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/...on/?tigerextra

No changes for Southern Miss yet...
    http://www.wdam.com/story/20188811/u...says-president

No changes for Southern Miss yet...
    http://www.wdam.com/story/20188811/u...says-president

Gotta go 0-24 over 2 seasons, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Of all the bad teams this year
    Along the lines of what others have said, very little reason to include first-year coaches (e.g. Akron, Illinois, Kansas). You have to be spectacularly bad (i.e. Southern Miss) to be gone after the first year.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Along the lines of what others have said, very little reason to include first-year coaches (e.g. Akron, Illinois, Kansas). You have to be spectacularly bad (i.e. Southern Miss) to be gone after the first year.
    Yeah, well there was also the issue of I couldn't remember exactly who all the first-year coaches were, so I just decided to include everyone,

Yeah, well there was also the issue of I couldn't remember exactly who all the first-year coaches were, so I just decided to include everyone,
    Per @SBN_BillC:
    1. Because It's Your First Year, You're Almost Certainly Safe, But You Might Start Next Year With A Warm Seat If You Don't Rally
    Tim Beckman, Illinois
    Norm Chow, Hawaii
    Justin Fuente, Memphis
    Ellis Johnson, Southern Miss
    Charley Molnar, UMass

Curiously, Akron appears nowhere on his Hot Seat Watch, so ... I would think Bowden would be on this list, but maybe not.

Per @SBN_BillC:
    1. Because It's Your First Year, You're Almost Certainly Safe, But You Might Start Next Year With A Warm Seat If You Don't Rally
    Tim Beckman, Illinois
    Norm Chow, Hawaii
    Justin Fuente, Memphis
    Ellis Johnson, Southern Miss
    Charley Molnar, UMass

Curiously, Akron appears nowhere on his Hot Seat Watch, so ... I would think Bowden would be on this list, but maybe not.
    I figured UMass and the rest of the new guys would probably be safe. I know UMass, Georgia State, UTSA and Texas State all want to start immediately competing, but you have to have some leeway with them since you're jumping up to full time FBS play. I don't think many people were expecting UMass and the rest to really do too much this year.

Hawaii, if they have another 2 or 3 win season, Chow will definitely be feeling the heat. Same with Beckman at Illinois. To go from 7-6 last year to 2-10 this year (and winless in the Big Ten), he's not gonna get much slack in the future.

The "Hot Seat Watch" where that came from was from late October. He hasn't done one since early November. So that was before UMass had registered a win, which would make a healthy difference. Also before Hawai'i's latest win.

The "Hot Seat Watch" where that came from was from late October. He hasn't done one since early November. So that was before UMass had registered a win, which would make a healthy difference. Also before Hawai'i's latest win.
    Ahh, that could haven an effect.

And looks like Troy Calhoun is being considered by Cal. It's being reported by CBS Sports, but I don't have a link. I got the story in the daily release of emails from the Navy Sports Information Department.

Cal looks into Air Force's Troy Calhoun during coaching search

By Jeremy Fowler | College Football Insider

In its efforts to replace Jeff Tedford, Cal has gauged the interest of a familiar name in big-job head coaching searches -- Air Force's Troy Calhoun.

A Cal rep has reached out to an intermediary of Calhoun and has him on the school's list of potential candidates, according to a source with direct knowledge of the situation.

Calhoun, who is 47-29 in six seasons at Air Force, has been linked to Tennessee and Colorado jobs in the past but is widely considered loyal to the Academy, where he also went to school and worked as an assistant. Air Force has qualified for its fifth consecutive bowl game.

Cal is drawn to academic-minded coaches, and Calhoun fits that mold. Cal has hired a search firm, DHR International.

Tedford coached 11 seasons at Cal but was not retained after a 3-9 season.
    I'm not expecting too much to come of this. With Troy being a wishbone/triple option coach, while it wouldn't be a complete overhaul of offensive style at Cal with them running Pro right now, I can't see A: Calhoun wanting to leave Air Force where he pretty much owns the team for Cal (and in the process getting ass whooped every year by 2/3rd's of the Pac-12), and B: Cal switching to a wishbone/triple option offense. While it could possibly have some success against some of the Pac-12 defenses, especially those who haven't seen or defended the triple option in god knows how many years, if you get shut down on offense, you are fucked, especially against USC, Oregon, Stanford, Washington, etc, as they would light up the hell out of the scoreboard on you.

Ellis Johnson is out. Will be announced officially later today.

Damn, so much for a second straight year of 0-12 (especially if Tulsa plays Southern Miss next year).

Rumors saying that Mark Stoops will be announced as Kentucky's next head coach this afternoon... can't say I would expect that since FSU has a game this weekend but who knows.

Rumors saying that Mark Stoops will be announced as Kentucky's next head coach this afternoon... can't say I would expect that since FSU has a game this weekend but who knows.
    Just got a news alert that it's a reality.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

ESPN SC NCAAF - LSU coach Les Miles has offer from Arkansas for head coaching job, according to reports

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    espn sc ncaaf - lsu coach les miles has offer from arkansas for head coaching job, according to reports

sent from my samsung-sgh-i997 using tapatalk 2

That's a joke right?

That's a joke right?
    Nope.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2