Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 - Info

• Facebook
  • Display
    As much as you disagree. I've been behind the scenes on this one. At least for the DLC aspect, they were more than happy with the coin system, because people would want everything right away, and they did earn money on it. Then there were people like us who wanted to earn it. The Suits just didn't see it that way when the review scores call out something specific.

J.B., please don't take my rants as about you. I have no doubt this is what they are telling you...........but it smells like fish

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    J.B., please don't take my rants as about you. I have no doubt this is what they are telling you...........but it smells like fish
    It's not "what they are telling me" ... it's the truth.

I understand being behind the scenes but it's not like they are handing over internal financials and budget outlays for you, at least I hope not. I personally think it is a little of both. There were multiple reviews that attacked the setup BUT Sales of the Tiger Woods series are down which means less people to buy DLC. Throw in the option of giving gamers the chance to play DLC course for free... Everything EA does is about the bottom line and pleasing the stockholder.
    Not saying this is wrong as the first goal of a business is to make money but they have in the past abandoned products that were broken (NCAA Basketball and Gran Slam Tennis 2). So they are far from the old saying, "The Customer is #1." Fact is the stockholder is #1 #2 and #3.

Do you see a Tiger Woods 14 version for the WiiU? They had plenty of time to make one. It's not like they would be using brand new assets to build the game (even the launch Wii games from EA were gimped versions of the current gen games). The sales for the Wii version were good up until a few years ago when it dropped heavily, so they are holding out until they can justify the game can make a profit before putting in the resources on it. Good for EA not to lose money on a project. Bad for the Nintendo owners who have supported the Wii Tiger Woods games in the past.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9287546.page

No Caddy this year ?

EA_SeanWilson

Yes, the caddie has been re-branded to 'Ask a PGA Pro' and can only be used when playing offline practice rounds on north american courses.

------------------

Really like what I am seeing with presentation. Interested to see how the new broadcast camera will work out but anything is better than the follow camera. I really wish they would let the player decide which broadcast cameras to use as I am fond of a Tru Aim with either a reverse landing snap to the end or a close up snap. I realize they are going with a broadcast presentation but I think they should have also factored in that you are still an individual playing golf within the broadcast and given that option to play with an updated camera from the players perspective with added snap cameras.

yay, video footage!

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Achievements.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Achievements.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/
    "Earn LPGA Tour Card in Career"

"Earn LPGA Tour Card in Career"
    This way EA can say honestly that tons of people used the LPGA mode, thus it's continued existence and also keep that crazy tropes vs. games lady off their backs.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    This way EA can say honestly that tons of people used the LPGA mode, thus it's continued existence and also keep that crazy tropes vs. games lady off their backs.
    Yeah this forcing people to play stuff for trophies/achievements is annoying just so EA/manufacturer can say allot of players did X.

Info on country clubs. This sounds interesting.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/...nces-detailed/

Yep. Basically simultaneous play in tournaments for league

You also don't have to have a full country club to get Club Champion, as long as you have five, you'll have the chance to get there for the week.

I keep telling myself your not buying the glorified game of darts this year but I keep getting sucked in and miss the TGT live tournys with the groups.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I keep telling myself your not buying the glorified game of darts this year but I keep getting sucked in and miss the TGT live tournys with the groups.
    While there isn't a true online league yet, the additions that were described there makes for more of a connected feel instead of just playing the rounds by youself and chatting on the forums. League will be a lot more fun for Tiger 14. Supposedly the voice chat has been vastly improved too.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    While there isn't a true online league yet, the additions that were described there makes for more of a connected feel instead of just playing the rounds by youself and chatting on the forums. League will be a lot more fun for Tiger 14. Supposedly the voice chat has been vastly improved too.
    Yeah Season Ticket will likely be the answer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    What did you shoot this round?

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Is there any way to recruit more players to the club? Any ideas? I really want the club to compete this year

Is there any way to recruit more players to the club? Any ideas? I really want the club to compete this year
    People just have to stick with it, but once NCAA rolls out, that's when most quit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.