Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 - Info

• Facebook
  • Display
    The Euro cover is pretty badass with Tiger, Rory, and SEVE!

New video from today...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...5886db4c00001f

EA Rethinks Tiger Woods Microtransactions
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 walks back aggressive DLC strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...5886db4c00001f

EA Rethinks Tiger Woods Microtransactions
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 walks back aggressive DLC strategy.
    IGN was the big dumbass in the first place that didn't realize by PLAYING THE GAME, you could get all the DLC for $0.00.

That f'n pissed me off that because of IGN, last year's DLC method was pulled because they lowered their score due to that and not knowing all the facts.

You didn't have to "grind" like he put it. You could play just a few rounds a week, and easily get it.

I agree with you, it gives the customer the OPTION to play and unlock DLC courses or buy. Now all we get is to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    I agree with you, it gives the customer the OPTION to play and unlock DLC courses or buy. Now all we get is to buy it.
    I played a lot, but not constantly. You didn't have to sacrifice your life to get courses.

I can't wait for the presentation information to come out. I was a bit disappointed when they mentioned over at the TW forums that the True Aim camera is gone this year, leaving follow or presentation after the ball is hit. Hopefully they have worked on both allowing for a more realistic view of your shots within the new presentation. You spend the majority of time watching the ball in flight and if the two post shot cameras are the same as years past, I will be skipping a lot of shots. This game really needs a complete revamp of the camera system.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    You didn't have to "grind" like he put it. You could play just a few rounds a week, and easily get it.
    Well J.B., you can tell the guys at ea that I just cancelled my pre order after reading this garbage. Giving the consumer a choice was great last year.......I did play it a lot and enjoyed it, not this year, they can F off

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Well J.B., you can tell the guys at ea that I just cancelled my pre order after reading this garbage. Giving the consumer a choice was great last year.......I did play it a lot and enjoyed it, not this year, they can F off
    They had no choice, when it hurt the meta score, the higher ups made the call. Blame IGN, not EA.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

They had no choice, when it hurt the meta score, the higher ups made the call. Blame IGN, not EA.

Yeah I don't really quite understand the reviews "digusting, slap in the face, etc" So last year you gave dedicated players a way to earn free DLC and if you didn't want to put the time in you bought it. So this year no matter what you have to buy it if you want extra courses. To me that's the slap in the face, taking away the ability to get something for free.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Yeah I don't really quite understand the reviews "digusting, slap in the face, etc" So last year you gave dedicated players a way to earn free DLC and if you didn't want to put the time in you bought it. So this year no matter what you have to buy it if you want extra courses. To me that's the slap in the face, taking away the ability to get something for free.
    Completely agree!!

I think they didn't make as much money as they wanted to, because people unlocked it for free. So now they are using the "cover-up" story of bad reviews to go back to forcing everyone to buy the DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    I think they didn't make as much money as they wanted to, because people unlocked it for free. So now they are using the "cover-up" story of bad reviews to go back to forcing everyone to buy the DLC.
    No that's not true. IGN killed them in the review last year. It's not a cover up, I kinda know a lot of things regarding this issue.

The dude abides.

Basic run down of the whole thing. EA listened to the community who was buying the DLC year in and year out, so they made up this coin system last year. Community loved it, but reviews knocked down their meta score because of it (when they weren't even looking at the whole story on how easy it was to get the courses). Executives see that this is the reason that the scores were down, so they pulled it. EA was trying to do something the community wanted. Now there are other ways to try this, but the immediate plan is to just go back to the old system because of idiots writing the reviews that are seen by the masses.

Basic run down of the whole thing. EA listened to the community who was buying the DLC year in and year out, so they made up this coin system last year. Community loved it, but reviews knocked down their meta score because of it (when they weren't even looking at the whole story on how easy it was to get the courses). Executives see that this is the reason that the scores were down, so they pulled it. EA was trying to do something the community wanted. Now there are other ways to try this, but the immediate plan is to just go back to the old system because of idiots writing the reviews that are seen by the masses.
    Sorry man but if the gripe with ign is about paying for dlc that a player may earn for free I don't see how taking away the ability to earn it for free is the answer. As always, the only choice I have is to vote with my $$$. Sad, I was looking forward to the game.

Yeah I'm not a fan of this whole DLC thing to begin with so I enjoyed getting "extra" courses for "free" by just playing the game. A slight annoyance but fine whatever. Now they pull that idea b/c some review site said it sucks even though their consumers (according to the posts above) generally liked the idea. Not a smart move I wasn't really planning on buying the game this year as I just get tired quickly with Tiger in general as it eventually just feels like a big game of darts and not golf so I'll pass this year.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Yeah I'm not a fan of this whole DLC thing to begin with so I enjoyed getting "extra" courses for "free" by just playing the game. A slight annoyance but fine whatever. Now they pull that idea b/c some review site said it sucks even though their consumers (according to the posts above) generally liked the idea. Not a smart move I wasn't really planning on buying the game this year as I just get tired quickly with Tiger in general as it eventually just feels like a big game of darts and not golf so I'll pass this year.
    Admit it, I intimidated you

From ea. Not only is the coin system gone after a year but course mastery is out completely. but wait, pin packs are back

StormJr wrote:
    So Sean, is Course Mastery completely gone? Or is it back to what it was before coins where you can still master the courses, you just don't get anything for it?

Sorry Storm. It is gone completely.

Just read that bit of tripe again, still seething. When did success and profit become evil? The entitlement whining in that "article" is sad. Don't want it? Don't buy it. Simple.

Now as far as removing a choice to earn dlc being dictated by the douche reviewers that complain about the cost of dlc.....that is bull! Don't lie ea! I bought all the dlc for this series every year until last. Why? Well it was FUN to have goals and EARN rewards. I bet I easily played 13 more than 10-12 combined.

Just tell me the truth, you guys took a hit on revenue and can't afford the reward system, I can live with that.

Guys, nothing about what we are being told makes sense with this crap. And on top of it all we will still have to purchase pins to compete in OL events??? Sad day for this old guy. Maybe, just maybe, I am getting too old for games......end rant....