Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead [TV] (May Contain Discussion of Aired Episodes, Enter at Own Risk)

• Facebook
  • Display

The Walking Dead [TV] (May Contain Discussion of Aired Episodes, Enter at Own Risk)

The Walking Dead is excellent. If you like zombie movies, you're definitely in for a treat. The series premiere was 90 minutes and felt every bit like a movie. I can't imagine how long they could actually stretch this series out for more than 2-3 seasons (similar to Jericho) but I imagine I'll enjoy it for as long as they run it. AMC does great TV.

Watching the repeat of it right now, and definitely liking it. This is definitely going to become part of my group of shows to watch each week.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Watching the repeat of it right now, and definitely liking it. This is definitely going to become part of my group of shows to watch each week.
    My only problem with it is that it's an old story line. It's the same as 28 Days Later. Guy wakes up in the hospital, zombies or some type of deformed beings all around.

I was actually a little surprised about how graphic it was though, nice to see they didn't cheese it up.

Just read that The Walking Dead garnered a 3.3 rating last night. To compare, Mad Men usually gets 0.9.

Just finished The Walking Dead....wow the end was intense.

Spoiler: show

Loved the effect in the end when he fired that shot in the tank and totally fucked up his hearing. And poor horsey.

Pretty crazy to know right away that his wife and kid are alive, but it gives another angle to follow as well.

Too bad the contest to become a zombie on the show ends in the morning

An hour to go until the new episode of The Walking Dead. Can't wait. The premiere was so damn good last week that I've watched practically every repeat AMC had on during the week, and I'm really looking forward to tonight's episode.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Just finished The Walking Dead....wow the end was intense.

Too bad the contest to become a zombie on the show ends in the morning
    Yeah, that was a hell of an ending. Definitely gives me a ton of hope for the entire series. And from the sounds of it, the contest to become a zombie in Season 2 (if AMC does renew it for a second season) is a weekly thing. They're going to have a new code every week during each new episode, so you still have how ever many more chances to enter.

(if AMC does renew it for a second season)
    It's already been confirmed for a second season. Unfortunately this season is only 6 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    It's already been confirmed for a second season. Unfortunately this season is only 6 episodes.
    Nice. That's good to hear. Yeah, I noticed that contest for a chance to be a zombie in the second season ends in December, so unfortunately a short first season. But, they probably didn't want to spend the money making it a dozen episode long season on the chance that it might have crashed and burned. But that certainly isn't happening anytime soon.

And you definitely can't complain about this show not being graphic enough. The horse's guts getting ripped out, the group of survivors sitting there going to town on a dead zed with an axe, they sure aren't going light.

Just watched the pilot of Walking Dead. That was really good....now I have to find a way to get Ep. 2 and the rest of the season - I don't get AMC and they only plan on showing the premiere episode online.

I'm also enjoying the show thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I think there is a pretty good hope for three seasons at the very least from what has been said. 3.3 million people is quite a big deal for a series debut on cable.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Just watched the pilot of Walking Dead. That was really good....now I have to find a way to get Ep. 2 and the rest of the season - I don't get AMC and they only plan on showing the premiere episode online.
    That's crazy that you don't get AMC, that's even on non-digital cable here. The second episode was very awesome too, love the introduction of the city characters.

I wonder how long they're going to make us wait for the stories to intertwine with the deputy and his wife.

Actually, just found out we get AMC. It is buried in the middle of a bunch of shop-at-home channels. Never surf in that range and only found it when I looked for the channel # online.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Actually, just found out we get AMC. It is buried in the middle of a bunch of shop-at-home channels. Never surf in that range and only found it when I looked for the channel # online.
    Well, you're in luck for catching last night's episode. It's on AMC three more times this week:

Friday - 10pm EST
    Saturday - 1am EST
    Sunday - 2:30am EST

I'll need to catch that Friday night episode. The new ones always come on while I'm at work.

I still need to watch last week's The Walking Dead. Maybe tomorrow.

Anyone who didn't have a chance to watch last week's episode of The Walking Dead, right now at 9pm EST is your last chance before tonight's new episode in an hour.

Damn, the end of the new Walking Dead caught me completely by surprise tonight. That was a really good episode tonight. God I hate having to wait an entire week for the next episode.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Damn, the end of the new Walking Dead caught me completely by surprise tonight. That was a really good episode tonight. God I hate having to wait an entire week for the next episode.
    That's why I save them all up and watch them all at once (or over a couple of days). Saves me from having to wait an entire week for cliffhangers and such.

I don't remember what the name of that episode was when I fired it up on the DVR, but it should have been called:
    The Empire Strikes Back - It was about time the zombies did something.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    That's why I save them all up and watch them all at once (or over a couple of days). Saves me from having to wait an entire week for cliffhangers and such.
    Shows like The Walking Dead and LOST are definitely series that are infinitely more enjoyable sitting down and watching for hours on end when they come out on DVD or even on DVR in 2-3 episode bursts to make them like a movie.