Intercpetions: 35/35
    Rush Defense: 35/40
    Tackling: 45/35
    FG Power: 5/20
    FG Accuracy: 20/65
    Punt Power: 30/50
    Punt Accuracy: 35/55
    Kickoff Power: 30/30
    Last edited by Oneback; 01-01-2011 at 02:16 PM.

I'll check them out tonight. I'm going to play a game of PSU verse Alabama at bama.

Also are we on AA?

What about the speed differential slider? I started a dynasty with it at 40 (default was 50) but I'm hoping someone else knows much more about this slider then I do. G, have you played with this slider yet?

i would guess 40 is way to much of a difference snoop, that puts it back at ncaa 09 levels if i remember correctly.

Are we on AA with these oneback? What are everyones thoughts on the pass rush?

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    i would guess 40 is way to much of a difference snoop, that puts it back at ncaa 09 levels if i remember correctly.

Are we on AA with these oneback? What are everyones thoughts on the pass rush?
    I like the pass rush at the default, seems to work for me and others when they pressure me. Of course I have only played user vs user games.

OB are those for HUM or CPU? Reason I ask is because there are already alot of overthrown passes, dropped balls by WR's and dropped int's by defenders

FSU, I agree that I don't want to take a step backwards towards 09 so I was just trying to figure out or gauge what everyone's thought about this slider. I'm confused about it to be honest. I do not want it to easy by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    I'll check them out tonight. I'm going to play a game of PSU verse Alabama at bama.

Also are we on AA?

What about the speed differential slider? I started a dynasty with it at 40 (default was 50) but I'm hoping someone else knows much more about this slider then I do. G, have you played with this slider yet?

We will be on AA, it just seems to work better for user vs user games.

As for the speed slider I am going to get all the gameplay sliders as realistic as possible then tweak the speed slider to what fits.

In the slider research that I did last year the biggest thing that came out of it is that the sliders are not so much difficulty sliders but yet animation tiggers. For example the biggest role the pass defense slider plays is how quickly a DB breaks on the WR's cut.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    I like the pass rush at the default, seems to work for me and others when they pressure me. Of course I have only played user vs user games.

OB are those for HUM or CPU? Reason I ask is because there are already alot of overthrown passes, dropped balls by WR's and dropped int's by defenders
    Right now these are all sliders in based on watching the animations in practice mode. I haven't played any games with them yet, but have probably thrown 400+ passes looking for certian things.

I am with everyone in not wanting the game to be easy, but I do want it as realisitc as possible.

As for overthrown passes there will be some, but I can take the QB accuracy all the way down to 5 and still complete a good number of timing passes against man coverage (outs, slants, etc.), as for dropped balls where I have it the cut off seems to be a WR catch rating of 80. Below a catch rating of 80 you will see a lot more dropped balls (not frustratingly high) but they will still hang on to the ball in tight spots as well.

The WR Catch rating also controls how quickly a WR gets into and out of their breaks as well. So you can really tell which WR's have a higher route rating with the slider as I have it.

snoop: the speed differential will widen the gap between a speed 99 and a speed 90 player, the lower the number the larger the gap (i believe they use some sort of exponential equation to get a curve as opposed to the old way of using a linear equation, so they can better adjust this gap now).

the gameplay speed thing just slows everything down or speeds it up, i like the default gameplay speed personally

OK now i understand thanks FSU.

OB, yes I want realistic gameplay and I think you have proven yourself in the slider dept. so I'm with anything you say (as for sliders, LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    Right now these are all sliders in based on watching the animations in practice mode. I haven't played any games with them yet, but have probably thrown 400+ passes looking for certian things.

I am with everyone in not wanting the game to be easy, but I do want it as realisitc as possible.

As for overthrown passes there will be some, but I can take the QB accuracy all the way down to 5 and still complete a good number of timing passes against man coverage (outs, slants, etc.), as for dropped balls where I have it the cut off seems to be a WR catch rating of 80. Below a catch rating of 80 you will see a lot more dropped balls (not frustratingly high) but they will still hang on to the ball in tight spots as well.

The WR Catch rating also controls how quickly a WR gets into and out of their breaks as well. So you can really tell which WR's have a higher route rating with the slider as I have it.
    Well against man coverage, most passes seem easy to complete IMO. That low of accuracy worries me against zone coverage on the other hand where your passing window may be small. If it was just based on user vs user games, I don't feel we would need to worry about sliders because I have a feeling there will be quite a few tight games with the level of play from everyone. On the other hand we will be playing the CPU so I understand the need completely.

I just remember playing 09 on a tuned slider set and it had Colt Mccoy looking like a 3rd string bum with overly sporadic throws and very inconsistent throwing speeds. That was 09 though

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Well against man coverage, most passes seem easy to complete IMO. That low of accuracy worries me against zone coverage on the other hand where your passing window may be small. If it was just based on user vs user games, I don't feel we would need to worry about sliders because I have a feeling there will be quite a few tight games with the level of play from everyone. On the other hand we will be playing the CPU so I understand the need completely.

I just remember playing 09 on a tuned slider set and it had Colt Mccoy looking like a 3rd string bum with overly sporadic throws and very inconsistent throwing speeds. That was 09 though
    There has always been debate but my understanding is that in OD games, sliders do not effect HUM vs HUM games since it's essentially an Online game just using OD teams.

I'm sure we could test it though by making some ridiculous sliders that have WRs catching everything and DBs playing horrible coverage.

just to speak in general about WR drops on default, i have looked at the CIT rating of FSUs WRs and some other teams WRs and they are much lower than in years past for the most part. THey are truly trying to define possession wrs against other types i think.

I have a preliminary set of sliders. Here are the stats from a game I just played, Nebraska vs Kansas State:

Code:
    Kansas State					Nebraska
    0			Score			20
    6			First Downs		10
    14-89-0			Rushes - Yards - TD	29-122-1
    5-14-0			Comp - Yards - TD	5-8-1
    24			Passing Yards		80
    1			Turnovers		0
    4-44.3			Punts - Average		1-43.0
    If you compare that to the 2009 game against these two teams things look pretty good: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=293250158

My first thought after playing this game was to up the CPU QB Accuracy however once looking at KSU's roster I see why they struggled...they have a bad quarterback and I was better in every matchup in the passing game, plus Mizzou torched me in a game I played last night with the same exact passing sliders.

I will update the first post with the full set of sliders I have right now.

I'll give a game with your sliders a shot with 5 minute quarters. I'm not sure if the threshold is posted right so I'll just put it at 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dragon View Post
    I'll give a game with your sliders a shot with 5 minute quarters. I'm not sure if the threshold is posted right so I'll just put it at 40.
    I've got the threshold at zero. I did quite a bit of testing with WR's that had the same ACC rating but different speed ratings. The difference between Chris Rainey and another player with the same ACC rating but 90 speed was 5 yards over a 40 yard run. This was done against no defense with hot routed streaks so they both ran straight down the field.

Here is another Kansas State at Nebraska (me) game:

Code:
    Kansas State					Nebraska
    7			Score			17
    226			Total Offense		253
    27-45-1			Rushes - Yards - TD	29-114-2
    12-26-0			Comp - Att - TD		14-30-0
    181			Passing Yards		139
    3-13 (23%)		3rd Down Conv		4-11 (36%)
    0-2			4th Down Conv		0-0
    1-1-0			Red Zone - TD - FG	4-2-1 (75%)
    0			Turnovers		3
    0			Fumbles Lost		0
    0			Intercepted		3
    6			PR Yards		38
    77			KR Yards		81
    309			Total Yards		372
    7 - 42.0		Punts - Average		5 - 42.4
    1 - 9			Penalties - Yards	0 - 0
    16:27			T.O.P.			21:00
    There were 3 sacks for both teams as well.

I was just reminded about the speed conversion chart over on Utopia so I did a bit more testing with the player speed threshold rating.

I took Florida WR Chris Rainey (96 speed, 98 acceleration) and HB Mack Brown (90 speed, 98 acceleration) who according to the speed conversion chart would run a 4.3 and a 4.42. Some quick math tells me Brown would cover 38.91 yards in the amount of time it would take Rainey to cover 40.

So I lined them both up at the 40 yard line, hot routed both to streaks so they would run straight down the field and then watched instant replay right on the goal line to get the results. After a few tries it looks as though a speed threshold rating of 15 will get the best results.

Another game Colorado at Nebraska (me) with the update player threshold rating:

Code:
    Colorado					Nebraska
    24			Score			28
    10			First Downs		22
    373			Total Offense		374
    15-121-1		Rushes - Yards - TD	47-245-3
    19-29-2			Comp - Att - TD		8-23-1
    252			Passing Yards		129
    2-7 (23%)		3rd Down Conv		8-12 (66%)
    0-1 (0%)		4th Down Conv		0-0
    2-2-1 (100%)		Red Zone - TD - FG	3-3-0 (100%)
    1			Turnovers		2
    1			Fumbles Lost		1
    0			Intercepted		1
    3			PR Yards		14
    98			KR Yards		86
    474			Total Yards		474
    3 - 45.0		Punts - Average		4 - 40.8
    2 - 15			Penalties - Yards	2 - 24
    11:35			T.O.P.			24:27

Passing:

Name		Team		Comp	Att	Yards	TD	INT	Sack
    Cody Green	NU		7	22	127	1	1	0
    Zac Lee		NU		1	1	2	0	0	2

Tyler Hansen	CU		19	29	171	2	0	1

Rushing:	

Name		Team		Att	Yards	Avg	TD	Long	BTK
    Roy Helu Jr	NU		29	199	6.8	2	20	8
    Rex Burkhead	NU		4	 33	8.2	0	12	0

Rodney Stewart	CU		10	117    11.7	1	66	4

Receiving:

Name		Team		Rec	Yards	Avg	TD	Long	Drop
    Dreu Young	NU		3	53	17.6	0	21	2
    Mike McNeil	NU		2	22	11.0	0	20	1

Ryan Deehan	CU		3	52	17.3	0	20	1
    Scotty McKnight	CU		3	38	12.6	0	31	0

Currently in the 3rd quarter with these sliders and of 22 thrown passes, I've thrown 1 pick, 1 throwaway and had 11 drops by the recievers.. James Rodgers with 90+ CTH shouldn't be dropping four passes in a game.

I'd say user catching needs to go up to 40. After this game, I'll try one with 40 user catching and 35 for the CPU.
    Last edited by Iron Dragon; 07-18-2010 at 02:08 PM.

UCLA at Oregon State (me).. B- vs B+, I believe?

Oregon State had 11 dropped passes, UCLA five. Besides, that the results were good, if you count the drops as completions.

*all were 4th & <3 on UCLA's side of the field or near mid-field.

Quizz Rodgers 21 carries 159 yards 2 TD
    James Rodgers Carry 26 yards TD overturned, 1 rec, 22 yards, 4 drops (with 90 CTH)

About to play another game with catch up to 40/35.