Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General Online Play Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

General Online Play Discussion

This is like the 5th time in the past 2 days I wanted to post something here, but it wouldn't really fit the category of any of the threads already here, so I just didn't post it. Well, enough of that. Not only am I killing the potential for my post count to rise( ), but I can't get what I want to say off my chest.

SO...this thread is for random talk.

Personally, I'm a little baffled at myself. I absolutely can NOT blow anyone out. I'm currently on a 5 game winning streak, and every single one of those came down to the wire. I have no fingernails left, I have no gum left, so I really can't handle these stressful games.

Just like my last game. I was using Oregon and on my first drive, went right down the field and was inside the 15. I called a passing play, waited..waited..waited..and no one got open, so I tucked it and took it with the QB. I was at about the 3, saw a defender coming, and dove...FUMBLE. The guy picks it up in the endzone and gets a touchback. I personally thought it was a touchdown, but the refs did not.

I did not score a touchdown the rest of the game until 2 minutes left in the game. I eventually won 10-9 as he went down the field, scored, and almost got the 2 point conversion. I've done that like 5 times already this year. I light someone up on the first drive or two, and then I die for the rest of the game until I need to pull it out of my ass, which I usually find a way to do.

I really do think a lot of it has to do with the playbook I'm using. If my run game isn't working, then I quickly begin to suck.

A lot of my games have been like that. Usually I start a drive out really good, and then fizzle out in the redzone by either throwing a pick or fumbling or having to kick a field goal. I always try to get the run game going early, but sometimes I get too pass happy and forget about it.

I have the opposite problem. I usually tear people up early with the run game and then they start playing the run, and with the playbook I'm using, if they stop the run, I'm screwed. Oregon just doesn't have a whole lot of exotic or varied pass plays, and it's extremely to pick up on. Maybe it's time for a playbook change. I'd LOVE to use Texas Tech's playbook, but I want that power shotgun running game and they definitely don't have it. Ahh, decisions, decisions...

I'd love to be able to run 40+ times a game and not have to worry about passing, but most people adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I have the opposite problem. I usually tear people up early with the run game and then they start playing the run, and with the playbook I'm using, if they stop the run, I'm screwed. Oregon just doesn't have a whole lot of exotic or varied pass plays, and it's extremely to pick up on. Maybe it's time for a playbook change. I'd LOVE to use Texas Tech's playbook, but I want that power shotgun running game and they definitely don't have it. Ahh, decisions, decisions...

I'd love to be able to run 40+ times a game and not have to worry about passing, but most people adjust.
    I'm facing the exactly dilemma. I've been using Oregon's playbook a lot, and I played 2 games with TTU's playbook and I'm not sure what I want to do yet. I wish there was a playbook that mixes TTU's pass plays with Oregon's run plays.

I've been seriously considering switching to TTech's playbook, but having used a similar offense in past years of the game, I know how risky that is. At least with Oregon's there is SOME balance there if my opponent should try to completely take something away. If I were to switch to an Air Raid and play something who goes all out pass every single play and I can't establish some sort of running game, then I'll be screwed. I've been messing around with their playbook for the past hour or so in practice, though, and I REALLY like it.

I'll probably play a little bit more with it, and maybe some of the other Air Raid team's playbooks. It seems like UofH has nice playbook too. And now that I think about it, BYU's playbook isn't half bad either.

I like Houston's, too. Theirs is probably more of a mix of Oregon and Texas Tech than anyone other teams. I haven't tried BYU yet, but I'll probably get to them sooner or later. I might even look at SMU for some Run 'n' Shoot offensive action. Of course, if using the Air Rad online is risky, using the Run 'n' Shoot is practically like walking a tight rope.

Went online with Houston and their playbook against Michigan. Exploded for my highest point total and yardage total so far with 42 and 491.

Been using utah sts PB lately and I enjoy it alot, got a little of everything in it

Dime Cover 2 Man is garbage. That's all.

I've been messing around with the Multiple playbook, and wow. That is like the East Room player's dream. It has a few Ace formation, a few I Formation, a few Strong, a few Weak, a Wishbone, a Flexbone, and about 7 shotgun formations including Shotgun Tight.

Just used the Multiple playbook online. Didn't do too bad:

220 yards rushing on 22 carries. 1/2 passing for 37 yards. 27-3 win.

Can someone with connections (CDJ) PLEASE answer why they cant get the online weather correct. It works offline but why can't it work online or why doesn't it.
    thanks ahead of time.

Running out of shotgun is so inconsistent. I have games where I run for over 200 yards with ease and totally dominate the game, and then I'll turn around and average like 2 yards per carry and not get a single thing done in the run game. Ugh. /confused.

Same here. Some games I'll dominate and only have to throw 10 passes the whole game. Then there are some where I can't get any run game going and struggle on O.

IOU, another playbook to consider, at least based on NCAA 10, is Auburn/Tulsa. I don't know what they look like this year, but last year they both had a very good mix of Shotgun running and passing.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I gave up on shotgun running. The blocking is completely fucked up, so there's really no sense of trying to force something that I know isn't going to work. If my opponent pinches the line and fans then out, it doesn't matter what they're running or what I'm running, I'm going to be tackled for little or no gain. All the games I've lost this year was because the opponent would just sit in Dime and do what I said and not only be protected against the pass, but the run as well. Just ridiculous. I wonder if EA is ever going to get shotgun run blocking correctly designed. Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I gave up on shotgun running. The blocking is completely fucked up, so there's really no sense of trying to force something that I know isn't going to work. If my opponent pinches the line and fans then out, it doesn't matter what they're running or what I'm running, I'm going to be tackled for little or no gain. All the games I've lost this year was because the opponent would just sit in Dime and do what I said and not only be protected against the pass, but the run as well. Just ridiculous. I wonder if EA is ever going to get shotgun run blocking correctly designed. Probably not.
    even though I lose to you, I dont think my shotgun runs are half bad haha.

even if I only get 2 or 3 yards, the point is to make the other guy think I might run.

of course none of that matters if they are a blitz happy cheeser anyway hah

IOU, the key with Auburn/Tulsa is that it's downhill Shotgun running, not Read Option / Outside running. The Dime/Fan strategy might still work, but I would think it would be a lot less successful.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Yep, I just played my last online game of NCAA this year against texaco. Right on schedule with the past 4 years, I last about a month.

It has absolutely nothing to do with him, either. He's probably the straightest person I've played all year. He even apologized for running with the QB after he stood in the pocket for 5 seconds and no one got open.

I just find it absolutely ridiculous that I have to put up with the bullshit that this game comes up with. I had a 3rd and 1. I run a 5 wide QB Power. He brings 4 DL and then one LB. I have 5 lineman. He comes in completely untouched to tackle me behind the line. That's the biggest WTF that I continually see. EA has never and never will get their stupid run blocking correct. If it was a once in awhile thing, sure, but it's not.

EA also managed to fuck up the deep ball and when it puts touch on the ball. 4 or 5 times I caught him in zone and had a seam route called, only to watch my 90+ rated QB overthrow the ball and get it picked off. The one time he manages to actually hit the guy, he decides to drop the ball, has the ball warp though his stomach to his back, where tex's DB scoops it up. That's the shit I'm talking about. A guaranteed touchdown leads to a change of possession because of a dropped ball and a completely fucked animation.

I'm so sick of it that I'm not even going to finish the tournament when I have a legitimate chance to win and get Madden. Why? Because I don't even care about Madden. I say this every year and every year I give in because I want a decent football game, but EA will never get it. They simply do not know how and do not care to learn how to make a football game. /Rant