Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teambuilder Glitches

• Facebook
  • Display
    servers are still wacky

cant even do updates through TB. One of my teams still says 7/12 instead of 7/15 that i've been trying to change

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    servers are still wacky

cant even do updates through TB. One of my teams still says 7/12 instead of 7/15 that i've been trying to change
    Yeah, I actually posted that in the Bugs/Glitches thread over on OS earlier. I was wondering if I was the only one that noticed that.

nope we are the only TB aholics

you have to do it one at a time if you know you changed it . i got mine through the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    you have to do it one at a time if you know you changed it . i got mine through the other day.
    i've been doing one at a time...the TGT team still wont update...or my Sigue Sigue Sputnik haha

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    also, is this helmet number thing a global problem or is it just xbox or ps3 ?
    Someone over on OS just mentioned that the numbers do show up on the helmets, but instead of normal size on the sides of the helmet, they show up as small numbers on the back of the helmet. I went and checked it out and sure enough they do. I took a picture of my Alabama teambuilder to show how it looks:
    Last edited by Bamafan3723; 07-17-2010 at 09:56 PM.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Weird, though that's actually kinda cool looking at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamafan3723 View Post
    Someone over on OS just mentioned that the numbers do show up on the helmets, but instead of normal size on the sides of the helmet, they show up as small numbers on the back of the helmet. I went and checked it out and sure enough they do. I took a picture of my Alabama teambuilder to show how it looks:
    That is cool looking. I like how you can see the reflection of the stadium in the helmet.

Hey, Ram, how do you do that logo+number trick?

This was an issue last year, and it looks like it's carried over to this year. Rivalries are messed up. In the old create-a-school you could designate a rival for your new school. You can't do that now, and, at first glance, it looks like you simply take on the top rival of the school that you replaced. However, it doesn't actually work like that. What ends up happening is that records vs. rivals is never updated.

Example:
    In my OD I use TB and replace Notre Dame with my TB school. My TB school is now rivals with USC. I play the so-called rivalry game against USC, but my record vs. rivals remains as 0-0. If I promise a recruit a winning record vs. rivals, and I end up with a 0-0 record, then that promise is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerBlitz View Post
    I posted this somewhere and not sure where now, but when I go to load my team it says download fails. I can proceed to the game and everything shows up fine but when the game is over, it says that stats failed to download to server. This also happened when I played a random online game with my TB team, which means my stats are not sent to me. Any ideas what may be causing this?
    I am having the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Holc View Post
    I am having the same problem.
    The "stats failed to download to server" at the end of the game is because Season Showdown is down. No idea why loading your team fails ... I haven't had any problem with that so far.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Holc / HB, in case you don't know by now ... the team isn't failing to download. That's Season Showdown failing to download. Has nothing to do with TB.

As for Teambuilder ...
    I believe this is "new" this year, but redshirts are set randomly, and (can) change every time you save the team. This is both good (two people who use the same roster won't have the same experience) and bad (horribly for attempts at recreating teams). I believe last year the redshirt status was dictated by the base roster. This is not the case on NCAA 11 Teambuilder.

I just spent 30 minutes making small edits to the roster and checking the Redshirt status afterward ... all in an attempt to get a certain set of 7 players to be True rather than Redshirts. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    As for Teambuilder ...
    I believe this is "new" this year, but redshirts are set randomly, and (can) change every time you save the team. This is both good (two people who use the same roster won't have the same experience) and bad (horribly for attempts at recreating teams). I believe last year the redshirt status was dictated by the base roster. This is not the case on NCAA 11 Teambuilder.

I just spent 30 minutes making small edits to the roster and checking the Redshirt status afterward ... all in an attempt to get a certain set of 7 players to be True rather than Redshirts. Sigh.
    Pretty sure you're right. I recently did the same thing (spending way too much time trying to get the right players true freshmen), except I was trying to get 12 of them, and finally gave up with 9/12. However, I think the redshirt status actually gets set when you download the team, not when you save it. So you don't actually have to modify the team, you can just download it over and over...

I still wish EA would just let us set redshirts and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ebin View Post
    Pretty sure you're right. I recently did the same thing (spending way too much time trying to get the right players true freshmen), except I was trying to get 12 of them, and finally gave up with 9/12. However, I think the redshirt status actually gets set when you download the team, not when you save it. So you don't actually have to modify the team, you can just download it over and over...
    I tested that theory, by downloading a team, deleting them, and downloading them again. The roster was consistent (at least among the guys I was looking at), between the two.

However, when Oneback imported my 1995 Buckeyes into the Online Dynasty, he checked a specific player for me on download, saw that he was a True Freshmen, but then he suddenly became a Redshirt Freshmen in the OD. Even though he was a True on my download and Oneback's download.

At this point, I have no freaking clue what's going on with Redshirts. My entire list of WRs were all True, and my entire group of CBs were all Redshirts. Wtf.

Yeah, I stand corrected. I just did two downloads of the same team, and they were different when I previewed the roster. I'm not sure at all what's the story with it.

Yeah, I stand corrected. I just did two downloads of the same team, and they were different when I previewed the roster. I'm not sure at all what's the story with it.
    It seems to recalculate which guys are redshirts every time you query the servers for the roster. So if you preview a roster first, it won't necessarily look the same when you then download it. It's pretty frustrating, actually. Why EA decided we wouldn't care how many years of eligibility the players on our created teams would have is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by ebin View Post
    It seems to recalculate which guys are redshirts every time you query the servers for the roster. So if you preview a roster first, it won't necessarily look the same when you then download it. It's pretty frustrating, actually. Why EA decided we wouldn't care how many years of eligibility the players on our created teams would have is beyond me.
    I can understand why they would offer that ability, but I'd rather there was just another button beside "Random Names" for "Random Years" or "Random Redshirts", and it was settable on every player.

I can understand why they would offer that ability, but I'd rather there was just another button beside "Random Names" for "Random Years" or "Random Redshirts", and it was settable on every player.
    That's a really good idea. I guess I can see why some people wouldn't care, but yeah, if I'm taking the time to set the year for every player, I should be able to decide if the kid has a redshirt year or not.

On the upside, with Teambuilder, you can make as many players the same number as you want. I just noticed that I have two HB #25s ...

:-/

I wish they would hurry up and fix the numbers on helmets issue. I'm ready to use my TB Alabama team.