Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What '120 Ways to Win' Means in NCAA Football 11

• Facebook
  • Display
    I would like to know how many formations are tied to a playbook now? What is it now 18 21?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I'm really curious if they're tying the Styles in with the playbooks with hard code. This would make sense for the CPU, but I'd really like to be able to set my team to be "Pro-Style" without being forced to use USC/Washington's playbook, if I could avoid doing so. I'm sure there will be other playbooks with that style.

Note that I'm speaking toward setting my team to that style for the sake of Sim Strategy. Obviously I'll be controlling the style in games.

Though I wonder if there will be any difference in the controls available for teams with the designated "No-Huddle" style, or if it will be available to everyone regardless of style. Hope for the latter.
    Curious on this myself. And especially the no-huddle. The first blogs about this mentioned that different teams go no huddle at different times, so it would seem like you'd need to be able to turn it on/off for that option, in which case it could be added to any playbook. Besides that you gotta think that it would be there just on the determination of late game situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Curious on this myself. And especially the no-huddle. The first blogs about this mentioned that different teams go no huddle at different times, so it would seem like you'd need to be able to turn it on/off for that option, in which case it could be added to any playbook. Besides that you gotta think that it would be there just on the determination of late game situation.
    Not sure what I can & can't say since EA hasn't put out a detailed blog on the offenses, playbooks, no-huddle, etc. but I will say that any team you play with can be set to no-huddle and/or up-tempo. I'll elaborate more when they put out some detailed blogs if they don't answer your question(s).

Good enough for now, thanks.

Oh I like that!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Every time I see that Michigan banner, I just want to rip it down.

That must mean it looks really, really good, if it can solicit an emotional response from me!
    You are not original, been done before! :p

My guess is it will be tied into the "Gameplanning" feature but that's a complete guess.

Any comment on how Gameplanning was retooled, if at all? It basically played like a power-up gimmick last year and ruined online play for me compared to '09. It was lame that you could change it every play if you wanted and instead of been implemented such that the options could only be adjusted before a game and then minor changes at halftime.

Like every "Year 2" feature on NCAA, I'm sure it'll be tuned. Hopefully a lot ... there were many settings that I could set to either Conservative or Aggressive with all reward and no downside.

Haha, you better watch out for those "4 Face-mask Penalties in a Row" though... Ahhh, just like Saturdays.

Agreed in that I'm sure it'll be tuned a bit.

Yeah, the whole stripping the ball leads to a facemask is absurd. It should increase the chance of a broken tackle, not a facemask, unless the ball carrier is somehow holding the ball with his head.