Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden getting Connected Careers & Infinity Engine (physics)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by illwill10 View Post
    Basically you can use any players(I think legends too) and play a single player. You can use Game Face to create a created player. Create a background(high pick), low pick, undrafted) and playstyle. your background will describe how your ratings will be when you start(high pick= high ratings), but will also will determine expectations. You have goals obtainable XP.

My question is can you have multiple Careers. I didnt see a load file, only a resume. I dont want to have to retire a player to play a different player/coach. I like running multiple players at the same time.

yeah, but i would still expect a more self absorbed/personal experience from a super star mode than a franchise..they may well be connected..but if i get great or HOF worthy, does the game tell me about it? does it stop and take note of my accomplishments ../ are there specific animations for a single player career as opposed to a GM,coach or other mode ?

Ok. Got some clarification.

You can play CC offline, however you will lose some of the web/Twitter functionality by doing so. That makes sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    just cause people have internet doesnt mean they let their kids connect to it just because they have a game console..
    80% of PS3s + Vitas are online. That blows away the "majority" theory. I still agree with you that it's a higher number than people think, but it's certainly not the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by illwill10 View Post
    My question is can you have multiple Careers. I didnt see a load file, only a resume. I dont want to have to retire a player to play a different player/coach. I like running multiple players at the same time.
    Many EA games put "Resume" as the most prominent option, and hide the "Load" in another menu. I did see "Create a New Character" on the option screens for RG3's "retirement", so that implies that you can create a new character without retiring from the game. Also, FIFA has a very similar Franchise mode, and I'm quite sure it allows multiple careers.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Ok. Got some clarification.

You can play CC offline, however you will lose some of the web/Twitter functionality by doing so. That makes sense.

thats all predetermined fictional stuff anyway, right ?

thats all predetermined fictional stuff anyway, right ?
    No. Not from what I understand. It's their version of the Dynasty website, and the ability to get Tweets of news items from your CC on your mobile device. At least from what I understand.

Read the blog and it will make more sense, I think.

I think he meant the Tweets. Which, most likely, are "dynamic" in terms of they react to your current world/universe, but are picking from either a list of pre-existing "Tweets" or combining different ones in a logical way. So, pre-determined yet dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I think he meant the Tweets. Which, most likely, are "dynamic" in terms of they react to your current world/universe, but are picking from either a list of pre-existing "Tweets" or combining different ones in a logical way. So, pre-determined yet dynamic.
    yep, pretty much what I meant or asked

yep, pretty much what I meant or asked
    Well, from what I understand, there will be in-game Tweets (on your console) from Skip Bayless, Rich Eisen etc. From my understanding, the real Tweets (on your mobile device) will keep you up to date on news from your CC (trades etc.), they won't be the fake opinion stuff you'll see on the console.

Wow! This sounds pretty impressive. I really didn't see this coming. I will need to see some videos before I commit to buying but let's just say that Madden 13 has moved closer to the "yes" category.

Wait so I just heard that you can no longer import NCAA draft classes? Has that been confirmed? If so that is disappointing to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Wait so I just heard that you can no longer import NCAA draft classes? Has that been confirmed? If so that is disappointing to hear.
    From what I understand, that is true.

Not sure if anyone has played FIFA 12, but if so & Madden 13 is as smooth as that , we're gonna have a good game on our hands. Mind you, I love NCAA & College Football more than the NFL (it's close), but I've been playing Madden more over the last few years. I'm excited to get my hands on it.

With Scheme/Team-Based OVRs does it change the way how players play on different teams?

Basically will a WR from OAK play the same for a team like Pats who prefer possession WRs. I am guessing the ratings will stay the same if they switch teams just the OVRs will change.

Video on CC from EA

Sorry if it was posted already

So you can set up a league and have every play as one position. That's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    So you can set up a league and have every play as one position. That's cool.
    Way Too Early Prediction: This will be coming to NCAA at some point, soon. It's in NHL and Madden this year. I imagine if it's not in FIFA already (I'm not aware enough about FIFA to know), it's coming soon, because the offline Dynasty mode in FIFA is very similar to the setup for Connected Careers.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Video on CC from EA

Sorry if it was posted already

Thanks man! I have been waiting to see a video for CON. CAREERS.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Way Too Early Prediction: This will be coming to NCAA at some point, soon. It's in NHL and Madden this year. I imagine if it's not in FIFA already (I'm not aware enough about FIFA to know), it's coming soon, because the offline Dynasty mode in FIFA is very similar to the setup for Connected Careers.
    I didn't word that very clearly after I reread it. You can set up a league and have everyone play the same position, like all QBs. It isn't like the 6v6 stuff with NHL.

I do think it will be cool if they can add some sort of OTP play to connected careers.