Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want to see in NCAA Football 13?

• Facebook
  • Display
    A lot of people have mentioned trajectory especially with the over the middle throw. But the deep ball needs work too. If I have a WR that is behind the defense you should be able to make that throw. The CPU can make it so it's there and possible, my DBs never seem to time their jump right. About 80% of the time the DB is able to recover and the leaping interception over the shoulder happens way too much. I can go into practice mode and hit my WR in stride but when it's in game the ball is usually short so the DB makes a play.

I actually just started noticing this but the CPU will throw the ball away while in the pocket and if nobody is open. But it's a throw that will sail out of bounds over the WRs head. Commentary even says he just threw it away. The Human player doesn't have that ability and should.

Also if I'm rolling or scrambling and try the throw the ball away the QB winds up to throw and usually gets sacked. There needs to be a quick throw animation in that scenario where the QB just flicks the ball out of bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Ability to upload highlights and pics directly from the PS3 to You Tube or a photosharing site.
    Great idea considering you have a limit to hose on EA SPORTS' server.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Great idea considering you have a limit to hose on EA SPORTS' server.
    Yep

Freshman
    Top Issues with Dynasty

1. Can’t fire or hire your own offensive & defensive coordinators
    2. Recruits ratings don’t match their weight and height
    3. Need more variation of recruits

Top Issues with Game Play

1. Player ratings have little effect on game play, especially between the offensive/defensive line interaction
    2. Offensive/Defensive line interaction is too scripted. You either win or get pancaked. You can push offensive linemen back on running plays but not on passing plays. Defensive tackles get more sacks then defensive ends.
    3. WR/DB interaction. There are no pass interference calls, no holding, push offs or jostling for position between the two. Defensive backs mirror the WRs step for step, turn for turn.
    4. Weight doesn’t matter at all when running. A 330 pound player can turn on a dime and change direction as though he was 190 pounds. They can even jump as high as a WR. Locomotion needs to be fixed and should be involved in ALL ASPECTS of the game.
    5. Special teams need an over haul. There are never any punt blocks or FG blocks. Never ever any bad holds or bad long snaps or punters missing the ball when they are kicking. On punt returns and kick off returns you never see the CPU run one back for a TD or even get more then 10 yards.
    6. Real Assignment AI needs to be fixed, the CPU still can’t run ANY of the option plays correctly, nor can they run out of the shotgun in the spread offense.
    7. Ball carrier logic is flawed. Instead of avoiding the tackle, CPU ball carriers run directly into them majority of the time. Everybody runs like they are power backs and always try to truck people. They need to use their jukes and spins a hell of a lot more. And use the ENTIRE FIELD when running and stop running in one lane all the time.
    8. QB scrambles…….they run too robotic and too stiff. And they slide way too much instead of trying to run around a tackle.
    9. QB need to have 360 degree of movement in the pocket. And they need to roll out when they sense pressure. Currently the QB only rolls out on designed roll out plays. And they need to throw on the run sometimes.
    10. More tackle animations and please get rid of that 2 handed push tackle animation. Need way more variations of wrap tackles.
    11. Fade routes need to be re-done. WRs need to attack the ball on passing plays.
    12. OLBs and DBs need to stop cheating on running plays. They run instantly to the ball carrier at the snap of the ball.
    13. More passes need to be caught in STRIDE. Way too many jump ball situations.
    14. Tone down jump the snap and tone down defensive lineman jumping up to bat down passes. Tone down leaping LBs over the middle.

Top Presentation Issues

1. Commentary need to be more dynamic.
    2. Pre game, halftime and post game show. Weekly show during dynasty as well along with a bowl selection show.
    3. Grass need to look better, looked bad in NCAA 12.
    4. Uniforms need to get dirty and down right filthy.
    5. Chain gang on the field, players pleading their case with refs on fouls and whether or not they caught the ball inbounds or actually got the 1st down.
    6. Coaches and players need to be more animated. When a QB constantly gets sacked, he should yell at his offensive lineman. Over all need way more player chatter on the field, they are way too quiet.

Top things I want to see in NCAA 13

1. Blocked punts, blocked FGs
    2. Offensive and defensive pass interference
    3. Improved OL/DL & WR/DB interaction
    4. Scramble rating, roll out rating.
    5. Improved offenisve play calling
    6. CPU being able to run the option and spread offense CORRECTLY.
    7. Improved locomotion, make weight actually matter in movement.
    8. Better animations and more varied animations.
    9. Better commentary
    10. Better ball carrier logic
    11. Improved dynasty
    Last edited by Gotmadskillzson; 12-16-2011 at 01:00 PM.

Ability to upload highlights and pics directly from the PS3 to You Tube or a photosharing site.
    or at least improve the EA site..you cant delete past stuff or find a way to move it/save it..3 lousy slots for photos..the site is slow to load and junk anyway and so no one surfs to see anyone elses..it looks all cute and organized ,but its useless

Freshman
    Not Youtube.......please no. NBA 2K12 uses Youtube and it takes them hours to upload stuff on there and that is when you actually get it to work. I rather have it now where you have the choice to either get the embed code or download it to your PC and upload it Youtube yourself.

That direct to youtube stuff from a video game doesn't work. Highly inefficient.

Obviously, I want everything I voted for in the Wishlist Tournament. But without rehashing that entire vote again, I'll just stick with things that I think would be good/easy/logical fits for NCAA 13.

Top Issue with Dynasty:
    Coaches without Ratings. Or some other way that coaches are differentiated between each other. Will Muschamp is not Urban Meyer was not Ron Zook was not Steve Spurrier. In real life, we know these coaches have their individual talents and quirks. But there is very little differentiation between coaches in the game. The NCAA 12 Coaching Carousel was a big step forward, but it needs a follow-up.

Top Issue with Road to Glory:
    Almost impossible to play as a defensive back, unless you're content to bait the CPU QB into throwing your way. There's no credit for playing your assignment. Similarly, there's no damage to your score if you don't follow your assignment. Other than giving up big plays, there's no detriment to me lining a SS up on the edge and blitzing every play, regardless of the play call. In fact, that's practically the only way to get points.

Top Issue with Gameplay:
    Special Teams Overhaul.

What I'd Like To See (a.k.a. things that might not be there but should be, relatively, simple):
    Army WingBone.
    Pre-Snap Adjustments (hot routing, formation audibles, etc) not sending input to the pump up / quiet down / jump the snap right-stick controls.
    Improved CPU Clock Management, especially removing the 2:00 and 1:00 "automatic" timeouts.
    More Player Transfers.
    More Cutscene / Post-play animations.
    When playing an Online User-vs-User game, hide the marker that shows which player the opponent is controlling.
    Extended QB kneel where the QB takes a few steps backward before kneeling.

I actually just started noticing this but the CPU will throw the ball away while in the pocket and if nobody is open. But it's a throw that will sail out of bounds over the WRs head. Commentary even says he just threw it away. The Human player doesn't have that ability and should.
    I thought that ability existed via the "Throw Away" button.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 12-16-2011 at 07:24 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

It does Jeff, but if you are not outside the pocket you get flagged

Defensive hot routes that as easy to execute as offense ones

Road to Glory
    1.) Way too easy in high school
    2.) No transfering
    3.) Dont get to take actual classes like we did on the older-gen consoles
    4.) No training drills
    5.) Too easy to win position battle

Dynasty mode
    1.) No postgame interview
    2.) Coach doesnt age in apperance

Gameplay
    1.) Throwing the play at players and it just hits them without them even attempting to catch it
    2.) Some players are just too fast and can catch up too easily
    3.) Too many swats
    4.) DB's just letting opposing players run right by them
    5.) Players not even looking for the ball
    6.) Not a variety of penalties like unsportsmanlike conduct etc.
    7.) Very rarely, players glide
    8.) Ball trajectory
    9.) More fluid motion of ball coming out of hand

Presentation
    1.) Not many stat overylays
    2.) MORE SCHOOL SPECIFIC ENTRANCES and traditions
    3.) Commentating can be kinda boring at times
    4.) Fight songs not sounding like they should

Top 10 Items
    1.) More uni options like more jerseys, helmets, pants, etc
    2.) the 4 new FCS schools moving to the FBS
    3.) Team specific accessories like pro combat gloves, socks, cleats, and sleeves
    4.) New entrances
    5.) Pregame walks to stadium or getting off buses
    6.) Players on sidelines interacting during game
    7.) Marching band seating and uniforms
    8.) Updated uni's in teambuilder including sponsors
    9.) Including more bowl games that are missing
    10.) More equipment for players like thermal pants underneath
    11.) Stadium details and weather affecting games
    11.) STUDENT SECTIONS! especially for the armed forces

*and I agree with what everyone else has said
    Last edited by OSUCowboyofMD; 12-18-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread.
    Last edited by NatureBoy; 12-17-2011 at 07:41 AM.

Tuners that are pushed out separately from patches.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

#1 change the way CPU defense calls plays - "knowing" if i'm running or passing is stupid and doesn't work anyway because i can counter it, but the result is me demolishing heisman cpu teams like a hot knife thru butter...psychic play calling must go or im not buying the game any longer period

and a distant #2
    i seriously doubt they will change the way the CPU cheats to call plays but if they do...please make custom playbooks work correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Bomb View Post
    #1 change the way CPU defense calls plays - "knowing" if i'm running or passing is stupid and doesn't work anyway because i can counter it, but the result is me demolishing heisman cpu teams like a hot knife thru butter...psychic play calling must go or im not buying the game any longer period
    Fully agree.
    Psyhic playcalling HAS to go. I might say I want something important fixed and say I might consider not buying, but buy it 1st day. But this is something I woulf definitely not buy if it isnt not fixed. Not only can the user EXPLOIT the CPU, but the CPU defends certain plays the same way all game. For example, if you call a Option the CPU is mostly gonna blitz the outsides. That is a something I dont want to see. There are certain plays a user cant call because the CPU calls the play to stop it. You can get it off once in a while, but most of the time it is unsuccessful. The only real way to call certain plays is when you audible. I dont run option plays or sometimes even screens unless I audible to it. It wasnt as bad as last year though. I remember playing as a RB in RTG and seeing a heavy blitz look every run play.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Tuners that are pushed out separately from patches.
    For the love of God, please. Talk to the NHL team about how tuners should be properly used.

crazy request I guess, but speed up the game loading screen. I mean it takes way to long to just start a game, lose the flash and splash and just let us load the dang game.

ball trajectory needs work.

Let Head Coaches hire OC and DC's

Quote Originally Posted by Coachdenz View Post
    crazy request I guess, but speed up the game loading screen. I mean it takes way to long to just start a game, lose the flash and splash and just let us load the dang game.

ball trajectory needs work.

Let Head Coaches hire OC and DC's
    they can fix all loading screens in my opinion. Especially when loading a recruit to call

-Rather than highlight the "best" route on a passing play, put little numbers 1-2-3 based on recommended read progression. Even better/easier (might take away too much challenge but hey, I like cake), first read for a play could always be triangle, second always square, third always X or something like that.
    -Tutorials explaining basic concepts of different offenses and/or drills (i.e. run triple correctly 10 times in a row, complete 10 mesh plays in a row, etc.
    -Is it worth it to have NCAA and Madden continue to have different animation engines? Wouldn't it make sense to harmonize them to give both staffs more time to devote to features and other things to differentiate the games?
    -Hate to beat a dead horse, but pass trajectory does need to be refined. I would actually be ok with taking away user-controlled pass speed and replacing it with a new stat (or combining it with accuracy) that sets the passing speed/arc appropriately based on route/timing.
    -Standardizing play names across formations, and for each play having an 'info' button with a sentence or two explanation of what the play is intended to do/how it should be used. I would be willing to have fewer total plays in the game as a tradeoff.
    -More realistic heights/weights.
    -Run and shoot should be enhanced (minimally more option routes per play, more option plays per formation)
    -Audible system should be enhanced (2-button optionality, e.g. XX, triangle-R1) to allow up to 25 audibles per team. I would be willing to lose the formation-specific R-stick audibles for this
    -Fix the cap limiting team conference movements in Dynasty to 255.
    -Fix midline option (i.e. option the playside DT, don't block him; have QB step behind backside guard to make the handoff/B-Back go directly to the center's butt)

A couple small things I want to see.
    1. New faces and a face editor. Nothing advanced. Just like to see new faces. More faces too. Even though it isnt a big deal, I dont want to see 3-5 players with the same face.
    2. Time and Timeout management by CPU. I would like to see more longer drives. I would like to see more wasted timeouts. You rarely see teams with 3 timeouts by end of game.
    3. Emails for Dynasty. I liked it in previous years