Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want to see in NCAA Football 13?

• Facebook
  • Display

What do you want to see in NCAA Football 13?

What features do you want to see in NCAA Football 13? Next month is the first NCAA Football Community Event with community members from The Gaming Tailgate, other community sites and members at large being brought in to help convey community requests for NCAA Football 13 and the franchise in general.

Before the event next month in beautiful Orlando, we want to hear more from you on what you want to see in the game. While we will be compiling info from your wish lists and the Community Wish List Tournament, we want to know your top requests in the following areas of focus:

• Top 10 issues that you have with Dynasty mode
    • Top 10 issues that you have with Road to Glory
    • Top 10 gameplay issues that drive you crazy
    • Top 10 presentation issues that you have
    • Top 10 items that you’d like to see in NCAA Football 13

Please list your top items for each game area and we will share it with the development team. Please be clear but concise in your requests and thoughts. Any off-topic posts will be deleted. Feel free to list any additional items/areas of focus as well.

Use this opportunity to your advantage and let your voice be heard in the development of NCAA Football 13!

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...AA-Football-13

I would like to see the penalty and injury areas get some much-needed work. There desperately needs to be more variety of each. Madden came close, with injuries, but more is needed.

Injuries can add a lot to a Dynasty, if done correctly. It would be nice to have an Injury Frequency and an Injury Severity slider. However, none of it is pertinent if the only injuries you see with regularity are to ball carriers.

I've played FIFA for the first time ever this year, and having a number of injuries (including an occasional one during Training, which is simmed) has challenged my depth and made Career Mode much more enjoyable. I'd love to see simmed practices result in an occasional injury in NCAA too, but injuries have to be spread out among all positions for any of this to have a positive effect.

A Special Teams Overhaul is absolutely necessary, in my opinion. We have gone far too long with only 2 phases of the game having an affect on the outcome.

Just a couple things off the top of my head.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

My Issues are(without looking like a wishlist):
    Mainly to do with gameplay and some graphics.
    1. Unrealistic how the ball looks when it leaves the QB hands.
    2. CPU's ability to change on a dime and break up a play. Main issue is bad to average players doing it.
    3. Either Passing Arch or LB jumping has to be fixed. If there is a WR/TE open 20+ down the field, I should get it over the head over of a LB 5-10 yards if he is not a stud.
    4. Weather should have a bigger impact. Wind should affect passes. There should be more Drops.
    5. Users and CPU should be able to make plays on balls that are dropped or muffed by WR/TEs. It seems like there is a lag.
    6. Better Ball Carrier Logic. Players run the ball like they have tunnel vision. They need to be aware of possible blocks. There should be more WOW plays.
    7. Swat needs fixing. At times when I push it there is a lag causing me to miss out on breakups. jump ratings should have a major effect on swats.
    8. I would like to see NCAA 13 completely redo commentary and continue improving on GameTrack. also the more stat overlays the better.
    9. OL sliding NEEDs to be fixed. I see so many sack oppurtunities missed out when OL slides after mindlessly are waiting for a DL to shed a block.Eliminate Jump Snap.
    10. CPU Play calling. It seems like the CPU knows your play calls. There are plays where you can SOMETIMES get off, but most of the time are 90% chance of failure.
    Last edited by illwill10; 12-15-2011 at 07:21 PM.

1. Is there anything being done to correct the defensive pursuit angles on outside runs?
    2. Is pass trajectory going to be raised and/or more realistic?
    3. Are they going to fix the online glitches(end game disconnection glitches, goon kick, etc..) that have existed for 3 straight years?
    4. Madden has had online stats for like 4 years now, can we expect this to be implemented in NCAA?
    5. Anything being done to alleviate the massive number of dropped picks that occur both online and offline?
    6. Is the pass rush still being enhanced to allow for more realistic pressure or do they feel 8 seconds to throw the ball is about right?

That's all for now.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    6. Is the pass rush still being enhanced to allow for more realistic pressure or do they feel 8 seconds to throw the ball is about right?
    Agreed/
    It feels like pass rush needs ramped up(without seeing DL jumping almost every snap) to allow a realistic pressure. Pockets should collaspe. If the pressure is coming, I should have to move around the pocket.

Lots of good things said above.

I want much more realistic player movement where weight and momentum are a MUCH bigger factor. Options for momentum much like game speed or threshold would go a long way to making people happier.

More arc on passes/less LB or DB swats. Better yet, bring back the knockdown slider from NCAA 09 and prior which allowed us to adjust this ourselves.

Better shotgun blocking, particularly for the cpu when running the spread. The cpu still does not come close to being dangerous while running this offense. A shotgun running slider could help.

More personality. I want scat backs to run like scat backs and power backs to run like power backs. The logic for how to run looks the same for all cpu backs regardless of abilities. Furthermore the juke, stiff arm and truck moves were far too weak in NCAA 12 and need to be better. Eliminate the dual stick controls that nobody uses if necessary. Add an option for sim vs. arcade so some moves are more effective. Either way these toned down moves made the cpu running game boring and hurt the fun factor for the human game imo.

I want playmakers to stand out more. This is especially true at WR where the cpu completely underutilizes big time WRs. They make no extra effort to get them the ball.

Better end of half/game management from the cpu. Their use of timeouts is predictable and poor. Same for spiking the ball.

Tie weight to recruit ratings. I don't want to see a 6' 7" DE that weighs 198 pounds listed as a run stuffer. It wrecks the realism in recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I want much more realistic player movement where weight and momentum are a MUCH bigger factor. Options for momentum much like game speed or threshold would go a long way to making people happier.

More arc on passes/less LB or DB swats. Better yet, bring back the knockdown slider from NCAA 09 and prior which allowed us to adjust this ourselves.

More personality. I want scat backs to run like scat backs and power backs to run like power backs. The logic for how to run looks the same for all cpu backs regardless of abilities.

Furthermore the juke, stiff arm and truck moves were far too weak in NCAA 12 and need to be better. Eliminate the dual stick controls that nobody uses if necessary. Add an option for sim vs. arcade so some moves are more effective. Either way these toned down moves made the cpu running game boring and hurt the fun factor for the human game imo.

I want playmakers to stand out more. This is especially true at WR where the cpu completely underutilizes big time WRs. They make no extra effort to get them the ball.

Better end of half/game management from the cpu. Their use of timeouts is predictable and poor. Same for spiking the ball.

Tie weight to recruit ratings. I don't want to see a 6' 7" DE that weighs 198 pounds listed as a run stuffer. It wrecks the realism in recruiting.
    +100000000000000
    Definitely agree all. The only position I really look for Height and Weight(not even that at times) is f or DB. The players all play the same when it comes to height and weight.
    I would like to see coaches wasting more Timeouts.
    I dont even try to use juke moves at all. I remember when it was too strong, now it is too weak. The Dual stick control used to work when juke was effective, now since it isnt it is useless.

5. Anything being done to alleviate the massive number of dropped picks that occur both online and offline?
    If this is offset by having a lot more over/under thrown balls, that'd be fine. But, as it exists now (QBs are too accurate, too often), this would turn the game into a turnover fest.

look, the game doesnt even play like advertised in the first place because they are using a patching science that they dont even understand..NCAA 13 is just going to have to be a decent 12.5

let me audible to a run without my QB flapping his arms...let me hot route a linemen to man-up on a running back without him just backing up and standing and doing nothing.

give offensive linemen actual assignments that they actually carry out.

running backs should be able to catch swing passes while running to the sidelines instead of it just hitting them in the head because they havent finished turning around LOL

let me throw 10 yard touch passes without it ballooning 25 yards down field.

tone down jump snap..develop AI that actually knows where its throwing-or rather,just throws the ball better instead of lobbing it out of bounds for no apparent reason.

the patch basically destroyed most of the defensive functionality this year.

let me hot route my defensive lineman individually to go forward without him jumping offsides...etc

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    If this is offset by having a lot more over/under thrown balls, that'd be fine. But, as it exists now (QBs are too accurate, too often), this would turn the game into a turnover fest.

If anything, I would just want to see more tipped-pass INTs. I dont mind the dropped picks. Most of the INTs you see now are tipped or dropped passes.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie

Agreed. Virtually every pass that is thrown is touched by a receiver or defender. There should be way more balls that are thrown inaccurately and result in a ball that simply hits the ground rather than being tipped or caught.

Agreed. Virtually every pass that is thrown is touched by a receiver or defender. There should be way more balls that are thrown inaccurately and result in a ball that simply hits the ground rather than being tipped or caught.
    its a video game, dont waste my time with balls that fall to the ground and tell me its a ratings or predetermined animation excuse..i'm already mad at incomplete passes that sail inches over my receivers head and he doesnt react. For a video game there are enough incompltes already.

Most of the passes are located for the numbers or the waist-catching. I would like less accurate passes. Not neccessary incompletions(I do want to see more), but I am saying less perfect passes. You dont see the WRs having to use their entire catching radius.

...add to and improve team builder

1.presentation - in offline dynasty,in game scoreboard-while playing a game show scores from aroud the country,also how about a halftime show like madden. 2.medical red shirts and bring back the spring game 3.allow human control of teams entire coaching staff - let human controlled teams to hire and fire members of the coaching staff (i.e if you want to hire a DC from another school you can do it own your own) 4.new stadiums and uniform combos in teambuilder 5.complete redo of the recruiting system
    Last edited by OUkool; 12-15-2011 at 10:19 PM.

dynasty- i dont really have any huge issues that need to be fixed....there just needs to be more added, imo. (no specific order)
    1. some say over player progression- whether its individual or position group, i want to develop players to play a certain way.
    2. some recruiting tweaks- a ton of great ideas in this thread
    3. one idea i liked from rtg this past year, was the upgrade store. i think the store could be something that dynasty greatly benefits from, however, things should be a lot harder to buy than what they were/are in rtg.
    4. editable roster templates- air raid and run & shoot teams rarely carry a dedicated fullback/multiple te's on their roster. why am i forced to carry them? have different kinds of roster templates based on team styles (pro style, air raid, option run, multiple, run & shoot, etc)
    5. more depth chart slots- give me slot wr's, 3rd down backs, wildcat back, plus others
    6. expand on coaching carousel- i dont think we need a whole coaching staff, but maybe give the 3 major coaches a position familiarity or philosophical scheme. this would also tie into player progression, helping you develop your team the way you want it to.
    7. 85 man rosters for user controlled teams only? since doing it for all 120 teams isnt an option (from what we've been told), why not just do it for user controlled teams? at the most, its only 180 more players. that amount shouldnt be that hard.

gameplay
    1. the complete absense of a player's weight in the game. i'm still seeing 240 lb runningbacks, running at full speed, getting stood up by 170 lb corners. real life physics need to play a bigger part in the game.
    2. o/d-line battles should not be a static engagement. on 35 power, your o-linemen should be trying to push the defense 50 yards downfield....not just hold their block until the rb gets through the line.
    3. new/more player ratings- the 6 qb ratings, snap power/accuracy for o-linemen, maybe more
    4. larger discrepancy in ratings- you can barely feel the difference between a 70 throw accuracy and a 90 throw accuracy qb. same goes for hit power. if i'm facing a linebacker with 99 hit power, i should want to avoid him at all costs or suffer the consequences. players are also way over-rated in this game. a 99 overall, should be remembered as one of the best in the history of college football, and i'm seeing multiple 99 ovr's every single year.
    5. better throwing trajectory
    6. special moves for players should matter a lot more. i have a 240 lb runningback who has a 96 trucking, 95 break tackle, and 90 elusiveness rating, and he cant run over a 160 lb cornerback. juke and spin moves dont work anymore as there is ZERO penalty for overpursuit by the cpu.
    7. more penalties need to be in the game. the only ones that are really called are holding, clipping, and facemask. i, still, have not seen one pass interference call on me in ncaa 12 despite having the slider for it on 100, and its fricken december! and intentional grounding? where is it? the penalty sliders need to have a bigger impact as well. having one on 100, should see a ton of those penalties called a game. multiple and offsetting penalties also need to be in.
    8. complete playbook control - custom playbooks were nice, but this minimum plays for a playbook thing is complete bullshit. i shouldnt be forced to have certain formations in a custom playbook. a play/formation/package creator and editor need to be added. its time they give us some control over how we call plays. this affects all 3 stages of the game- offense, defense and special teams.

I want ratings to have a tremendous impact on gameplay. As it stands now, most ratings, if not all ratings, feel similar to placebo, as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, I get real mad at the shear amount of dropped picks that occur and can't understand why I can't get more INTs. But then I realize it's unrealistic and if you actually look at the number of INT opportunities it is way too often. They definitely need to be careful of how they fix it, if the increase the DB catching as said the turnovers would be crazy. Either more off target throws or have the DBs break up the play with a hit or a reach in, they are just in position for the pick way to often.

Ability to upload highlights and pics directly from the PS3 to You Tube or a photosharing site.