Page 70 of 80 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1587

Thread: Pro Wrestling Discussion

  • Share
    • Facebook
  • Thread Tools
  • Display
  1. #1381
    Hall of Fame SmoothPancakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    16,450
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Smooth Pancakes PSN ID: SmoothPancakes Steam ID: smoothpancakes SmoothPancakes's OriginID: SmoothPancakes
    I don't know, I found last night a letdown. The card looked great going in, but other than Cena/Owens and #MillionsofDollars, it just seemed lackluster the rest of the way.

  2. #1382
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,251
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I don't know, I found last night a letdown. The card looked great going in, but other than Cena/Owens and #MillionsofDollars, it just seemed lackluster the rest of the way.
    I'm surprised you liked the tag match, that was only 5 minutes long and seemed horribly rushed.

    It was a letdown as it was supposed to be a big PPV like past years.

    The MITB match itself was solid, but not special. I loved the main event, but some thought it was too long.

    Owens v. Cena II was match of the year again for the 2nd month in a row. I'm still leaning towards the first match being a little better though, but damn they stole the show again.
    The dude abides.

  3. #1383
    Hall of Fame SmoothPancakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    16,450
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Smooth Pancakes PSN ID: SmoothPancakes Steam ID: smoothpancakes SmoothPancakes's OriginID: SmoothPancakes
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I'm surprised you liked the tag match, that was only 5 minutes long and seemed horribly rushed.

    It was a letdown as it was supposed to be a big PPV like past years.

    The MITB match itself was solid, but not special. I loved the main event, but some thought it was too long.

    Owens v. Cena II was match of the year again for the 2nd month in a row. I'm still leaning towards the first match being a little better though, but damn they stole the show again.
    Oh it was horribly rushed, no doubt. I just mention it because I've enjoyed watching PTP recently when they've been given match time. As much as I've enjoyed heel New Day, after the push PTP were given at EC, I'm totally cool with seeing them get the titles. That was the only reason I mentioned it, just because of them being given the titles. Otherwise, yeah, that match was woefully short and completely rushed. PTP should have been given a better match to win the titles in, but for me, hey, they won so I'll count it.

    I'm still undecided on whether EC or last night was the best of the two Owens/Cena matches. Both were by far the star matches of both PPVs. Owens/Cena should have been the main event match last night.

    As for the main event, it definitely had its holy shit moments, but the whole murdering Ambrose sequence just dragged it down from as good as it could have been. That whole sequence really killed the crowd.

    MITB wasn't bad, but damn they really gotta figure out how to have the action continue while focusing on one matchup. If all they wanted to 1 on 1 battles the entire match, just make it 1 on 1. Instead you have people get thrown out of the ring and then just lay there playing dead for 5 minutes so two new people can share the spotlight in the ring.

    Someone on OS, who was there live said it best. "Needs to be booked like a Royal Rumble, where there is obviously a "main attraction", but the rest of the guys in the ring are still at the very least punching each other or doing some basic wrestling moves."

  4. #1384
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,251
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Oh it was horribly rushed, no doubt. I just mention it because I've enjoyed watching PTP recently when they've been given match time. As much as I've enjoyed heel New Day, after the push PTP were given at EC, I'm totally cool with seeing them get the titles. That was the only reason I mentioned it, just because of them being given the titles. Otherwise, yeah, that match was woefully short and completely rushed. PTP should have been given a better match to win the titles in, but for me, hey, they won so I'll count it.

    I'm still undecided on whether EC or last night was the best of the two Owens/Cena matches. Both were by far the star matches of both PPVs. Owens/Cena should have been the main event match last night.

    As for the main event, it definitely had its holy shit moments, but the whole murdering Ambrose sequence just dragged it down from as good as it could have been. That whole sequence really killed the crowd.

    MITB wasn't bad, but damn they really gotta figure out how to have the action continue while focusing on one matchup. If all they wanted to 1 on 1 battles the entire match, just make it 1 on 1. Instead you have people get thrown out of the ring and then just lay there playing dead for 5 minutes so two new people can share the spotlight in the ring.

    Someone on OS, who was there live said it best. "Needs to be booked like a Royal Rumble, where there is obviously a "main attraction", but the rest of the guys in the ring are still at the very least punching each other or doing some basic wrestling moves."
    Matt on the podcast made a good point. PTP may be keeping them warm for Harper & Rowan.

    I'm going back and forth on that too for Cena and Owens. Right now I'm leaning on the first match. Before our awards in December, I'll have to re-watch both.

    Lots of differing opinions on the main event. It was long, but to me it didn't feel long. To Matt, it was too long. I loved the old school psychology. Doesn't hurt that my favorite wrestler is in there either.

    The MITB match doesn't need a format change there are several top matches for this average bout.
    The dude abides.

  5. #1385
    Hall of Fame SmoothPancakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    16,450
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Smooth Pancakes PSN ID: SmoothPancakes Steam ID: smoothpancakes SmoothPancakes's OriginID: SmoothPancakes
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Matt on the podcast made a good point. PTP may be keeping them warm for Harper & Rowan.

    I'm going back and forth on that too for Cena and Owens. Right now I'm leaning on the first match. Before our awards in December, I'll have to re-watch both.

    Lots of differing opinions on the main event. It was long, but to me it didn't feel long. To Matt, it was too long. I loved the old school psychology. Doesn't hurt that my favorite wrestler is in there either.

    The MITB match doesn't need a format change there are several top matches for this average bout.
    Ooh, I didn't think about that. I forgot that Harper & Rowan are waiting in the background. Matt may be right there. Give PTP the titles for a month or two and then have Harper & Rowan take over at SummerSlam or something.

    Yeah, I'll have to go back and re-watch both as well. They were damn good, both top 2 matches of the year by far. It's gonna be a tough call either way.

    I knew the main event would be long when they were starting it at 10:20. I figured we'd have a solid 35 minutes. It didn't feel like it was too long to me, just could have shortened or skipped the whole murdering Ambrose sequence. It completely killed the crowd and killed the end of the match and it just seemed to drag on. The rest of the match was good otherwise.

    As for MITB match, no, it doesn't need a format change, they just have to find a way to keep the other guys active. They don't have to make it like a Royal Rumble, but make it so that others are fighting at the same time. If they want to focus on Sheamus vs Neville, fine, but let Roman and Randy beat the crap out of each other in one of the corners and Kofi and Kane go at it outside the ring at the same time, etc. Instead you get wrestlers simply thrown out of the ring and then they lay there playing dead like they just got shot for 5 minutes while the entire action focuses on two given wrestlers in the ring. Give us the background action like in a Royal Rumble. Give us the other guys at least doing some basic wrestling moves on each other in the background while the focus is turned on the pair of wrestlers that WWE wants you to focus on.

  6. #1386
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,251
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Ooh, I didn't think about that. I forgot that Harper & Rowan are waiting in the background. Matt may be right there. Give PTP the titles for a month or two and then have Harper & Rowan take over at SummerSlam or something.

    Yeah, I'll have to go back and re-watch both as well. They were damn good, both top 2 matches of the year by far. It's gonna be a tough call either way.

    I knew the main event would be long when they were starting it at 10:20. I figured we'd have a solid 35 minutes. It didn't feel like it was too long to me, just could have shortened or skipped the whole murdering Ambrose sequence. It completely killed the crowd and killed the end of the match and it just seemed to drag on. The rest of the match was good otherwise.

    As for MITB match, no, it doesn't need a format change, they just have to find a way to keep the other guys active. They don't have to make it like a Royal Rumble, but make it so that others are fighting at the same time. If they want to focus on Sheamus vs Neville, fine, but let Roman and Randy beat the crap out of each other in one of the corners and Kofi and Kane go at it outside the ring at the same time, etc. Instead you get wrestlers simply thrown out of the ring and then they lay there playing dead like they just got shot for 5 minutes while the entire action focuses on two given wrestlers in the ring. Give us the background action like in a Royal Rumble. Give us the other guys at least doing some basic wrestling moves on each other in the background while the focus is turned on the pair of wrestlers that WWE wants you to focus on.
    Yeah I hate five guys on the floor and two guys in the ring for almost the whole MITB match. That was annoying.
    The dude abides.

  7. #1387
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,251
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    Matt & Jeremy shift focus towards the build-up of the next pay per view Battleground in four & a half weeks with a breakdown of the Raw after MITB. They cover some top stories regarding a possible Triple H v. Seth Rollins match at SummerSlam, and Smackdown going live once it hits the USA Network in 2016. They also breakdown great episodes of NXT & ROH, along with presenting their mid-year Marky awards.

    The dude abides.

  8. #1388
    Hall of Fame SmoothPancakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    16,450
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Smooth Pancakes PSN ID: SmoothPancakes Steam ID: smoothpancakes SmoothPancakes's OriginID: SmoothPancakes
    So has anything been announced regarding what the plan is for Smackdown? With Smackdown currently being live on Tuesdays and the recording being aired Thursdays, do they move Smackdown to Thursdays live, back to Fridays and make it live, stick with live on Tuesdays and air it later in the week?

  9. #1389
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,251
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    So has anything been announced regarding what the plan is for Smackdown? With Smackdown currently being live on Tuesdays and the recording being aired Thursdays, do they move Smackdown to Thursdays live, back to Fridays and make it live, stick with live on Tuesdays and air it later in the week?
    We talked about it in the podcast

    Rumor is live on Friday, but most likely it'll be live Tuesday.
    The dude abides.

  10. #1390
    Hall of Fame SmoothPancakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    16,450
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Smooth Pancakes PSN ID: SmoothPancakes Steam ID: smoothpancakes SmoothPancakes's OriginID: SmoothPancakes
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    We talked about it in the podcast

    Rumor is live on Friday, but most likely it'll be live Tuesday.
    I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

    It'd be a shame if they kept it live on Tuesdays. You basically front load the week with the two shows and then nothing until either PPV Sunday or the following Monday. Plus it would just throw too much at once. You have PPV Sunday, you get the immediate after reactions and setups for the next PPV with Raw, and then you get a couple days until the airing of the taped Smackdown. It just flows better throughout the week, rather than have PPV, Raw and Smackdown three days in a row.

    Plus having it Monday/Tuesday would kill the setup for PPVs since you would have nothing between Tuesday and Sunday. At least now, you have Smackdown on Thursdays so it can sort of set the tone for a PPV Sunday just "three" days later.

  11. #1391
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,251
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

    It'd be a shame if they kept it live on Tuesdays. You basically front load the week with the two shows and then nothing until either PPV Sunday or the following Monday. Plus it would just throw too much at once. You have PPV Sunday, you get the immediate after reactions and setups for the next PPV with Raw, and then you get a couple days until the airing of the taped Smackdown. It just flows better throughout the week, rather than have PPV, Raw and Smackdown three days in a row.

    Plus having it Monday/Tuesday would kill the setup for PPVs since you would have nothing between Tuesday and Sunday. At least now, you have Smackdown on Thursdays so it can sort of set the tone for a PPV Sunday just "three" days later.
    Matt said on the podcast that having it on Tuesday is kinda good because then you're waiting longer and have more anticipation for Raw six says later.

    I can see how on especially PPV weeks, how that will be overkill three days in a row.
    The dude abides.

  12. #1392
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,251
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    Matt & Jeremy return after a week off to deliver a load of wrestling news including Samoa Joe's last night in ROH, a terrible television rating for Monday Night Raw, a Seth Rollins face turn possibly not on the books any longer, and a lot of Impact Wrestling news. They also breakdown an amazing Ring of Honor pay per view in Best In The World, along with Tough Enough, NXT, Raw & Smackdown.

    The dude abides.

  13. #1393
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,251
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    Lost In The Midcard welcomes it's first official guest ever Ryan Whitmore who is a long-time friend of JB's and is quite the encyclopedia for professional wrestling. Ryan will talk about his favorite matches and also remember the late Dusty Rhodes. Then Matt & Jeremy go over this week's headlines, recap a great WWE special in Tokyo, and cover this week's television shows for WWE, NXT, and ROH

    The dude abides.

  14. #1394
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,251
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    Episode 25 of Lost In The Midcard is now LIVE! Matt & Jeremy talk about this week's headlines including the firing of a high ranking WWE official, the continuation of the Austin & Piper feud, a possible return of the Undertaker and more.

    They also breakdown this week's television shows, and later on Trevor joins them for the review of Raw and the preview of WWE Battleground this Sunday.

    The dude abides.

  15. #1395
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,251
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    Episode 26

    Join Matt & Jeremy breakdown last night's WWE Battleground pay per view on the WWE Network in what was a great all-around show with some lengthy matches and a big return. In addition to the pay per view, they talk about some headlines including legend Jushin Thunder Liger at NXT Takeover, MVP leaving TNA, and Wade removed from Barrett. As with all PPV review shows, they have a top 5, and this one is deals with the best journeys to the WWE championship.

    The dude abides.

  16. #1396
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,251
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    This is so damn cool....

    The dude abides.

  17. #1397
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,251
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    On this edition of Lost In The Midcard, Matt & Jeremy go off on Kevin Dunn and his non-progressive, talent burying ass. They go over what puts them over the edge in the headlines section of the podcast. Other headlines include TNA changing the way they pay wrestlers, Foley's displeasure with Tough Enough, and Bo Dallas possibly joining the Wyatt Family. They also cover NXT and Raw for the week. Finally, JB gives a live report from this week's Smackdown taping he attended.

    The dude abides.

  18. #1398
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,251
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    For the second straight week, Lost In The Midcard has a live perspective for professional wrestling as Matt attended the Ring Of Honor PPV Death Before Dishonor. Matt & Jeremy breakdown what was a phenomenal PPV with a match of the year candidate as the main event. They also breakdown the top stories this week including Hogan's racist rant released, Sting at Summerslam, Bubba Ray here and gone from TNA, and an update on the Punk / Amann lawsuit. Also the guys cover this week in TV with a lot to talk about.

    The dude abides.

  19. #1399
    Heisman SCClassof93's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Missoula, Montana
    Posts
    5,722
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Zooropa_Returns
    Roddy Piper, dead at the age of 61

  20. #1400
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,251
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Roddy Piper, dead at the age of 61
    Yep. Two legends in just over a month.
    The dude abides.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •