Page 30 of 80 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Wrestling Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeguy View Post
    I have no clue where they are taking this Miz/R-Truth angle but it's lame.
    I actually like it. It's old school.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I actually like it. It's old school.

How so? It's the same storyline that's been done before. "Oh noez the cell was lowered, who did it?" Let me insert a "who cares" I really thought Cena was working well last night up until the point he was locked out (which was clever I admit) and to make it ADR vs Punk and not have Cena figure in the decision was lame.

I will say that if The Rock ends up being the guy who gave ADR the key to the cell and raised and lowered it would be kinda interesting

I'm surprised that video hasn't gotten pulled yet. I think Vince finally realized that YouTube can help promote you rather than scream copyright. Now if only SNL would realize that.

I will give kudos to Raw on how it ended last night with everybody giving HHH a no confidence vote and walking off (the camera guys were hilarious)

I will give kudos to Raw on how it ended last night with everybody giving HHH a no confidence vote and walking off (the camera guys were hilarious)
    Reminded me of the end of Blair Witch

Reminded me of the end of Blair Witch
    The real question is why wasn't Cena, Orton, Punk, Kelly Kelly and a few others NOT there at ringside (if it was the entire lockeroom)

The real question is why wasn't Cena, Orton, Punk, Kelly Kelly and a few others NOT there at ringside (if it was the entire lockeroom)
    That definitely adds to the intrigue.

After Raw went off the air last night

That definitely adds to the intrigue.
    Let's just all cross our fingers that it isn't

1) Vincent K McMahon
    2) Stephanie McMahon (already had that angle when it was Linda vs Vince)
    3) Eric Bischoff :-)

Let's just all cross our fingers that it isn't

1) Vincent K McMahon
    2) Stephanie McMahon (already had that angle when it was Linda vs Vince)
    3) Eric Bischoff :-)
    I'm starting to lean heavily that it's #1. I personally would love it to be The Rock.

So obviously those who didn't show up for the vote of confidence were not there for a reason, I find it interesting how this is playing out after John Morrison's tweet:

... HHH's stooges are anyone who didn't walk out last week on RAW- I hope Cena/Punk/Sheamus/Orton man up and join our rally on Monday

According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE has begun mapping out long-term plans for the foreseeable future.

Spoiler: show
    The report begins by discussing the plans for Survivor Series, which in addition to the planned traditional five-on-five elimination match featuring The Rock, is slated to feature a scramble match between Sheamus, Mark Henry, Christian, Kane, Randy Orton and the Big Show.

As many members of the "WWE Universe" are aware of, there hasn't been a scramble match in over three years, since Unforgiven 2008, which hosted two of them won by Triple H and Chris Jericho, respectively.

And unlike other gimmick matches, which have been diluted in importance, the proposed scramble match at Survivor Series has a chance to make an impression due to its relative scarcity on WWE programming in addition to its fast-paced and refreshingly unpredictable format.

Moreover, the main event of the Tables, Ladders and Chairs PPV in December is currently scheduled to pit Mark Henry vs. The Big Show in a tables match. This would suggest Mark Henry will hold onto the World Heavyweight Title until then, but it's just as possible the match could be a grudge affair.

Nonetheless, this news is assuring because it suggests the WWE is adamant about continuing Mark Henry's rise to the top of the card at a time when formidable heels, as opposed to the usual spineless characterizations, are able to stand out from the homogeneity.

Mark Henry, the main event superstar, is likely here to stay
    Lastly, the company has decided next year's Royal Rumble winner will be from the Smackdown brand.

Instead of vying for the World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania 28, however, the plans call for the Rumble winner to attain the championship at Elimination Chamber and defend it against Daniel Bryan, the holder of the Smackdown Money in the Bank briefcase, at the "showcase of the immortals."

Unless the WWE is going to take a leap of faith on a rising star like Cody Rhodes, this seems to indicate the Smackdown superstar who will defend the title against Bryan at 'Mania will be a safe bet like Randy Orton.

Coincidentally, a Daniel Bryan-Randy Orton matchup at WrestleMania 28 is already being advertised, directly or in a roundabout way, in e-mails sent from Sun Life Stadium, the site of the grand event, to early ticket holders.

If Daniel Bryan does get the title shot, it gives credence to the notion that CM Punk's words of change spoken on TV were also grounded in reality. Building for the future has not necessarily been WWE's modus operandi, often relying on established stars, but this information, and the assumption it carries, signifies a welcomed shift in business strategy.

As always, the WWE is a company with several competing visions, so it's probable that plans can be tweaked or scrapped altogether.

I don't watch wrestling much anymore, only sometimes whats all this Occupy Raw and all this stuff going on about HHH?

I'm sorry but I don't see Daniel Bryan as the "next wave" of WWE superstar.

ESPN E:60 - The Rise and Fall of Scott Hall. Airs on ESPN...Wednesday, October 19th at 8pm est.

Holy crap! Why would they even bring him to the ring in that condition? WTF?!!!? He was trashed!

Apparently good tickets were still available huh TNA?

ec81b534.jpg

Apparently good tickets were still available huh TNA?

ec81b534.jpg
    And Bound For Glory is supposed to be their "Wrestlemania"

Anyone watched The New Age Outlaws videos online? Pretty funny stuff

www.TheNewAgeOutlaws.com