Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Powerhouse OD - General Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Haha ... yeah, you have to take the example players with a grain of salt. For one, those are the most obvious players to list, since they tended to get hype. For two, Bobby and Eddie were both seniors. So they were created on the basis of making them as "fair" as possible, rather than progression.

Just to give you an idea ... I have a redshirt Freshman who came out of HS at #1, didn't do anything in 1995, but became a star for the Bucks by 96/97. He's at 80 OVR ... so even with progression at its maximum, he probably won't touch 90 before his senior year.

I have a freshman guard who redshirted in 1995 and became a starter in 1996. Ended up being one of the better Buckeye linemen of the 90s, but I'm going to make him earn that role. He starts at 80 OVR as well, but he's actually going to start as a center ... so I expect his freshman progression to basically be nil.

Terry Glenn wasn't a senior, but I expect if I give him the receptions and reps he deserves he'll leave after the first year in the Dynasty. I may not keep him anyway since he left in real life. Other than him, Orlando Pace (obviously a stud) and the starting center (All-American as a Junior), I have no non-seniors on my offense above 85. I think that's about right, and should put a heavy weight on recruiting as early as Year 1.

Which, realistically, is about accurate. If you look at Ohio State's 1997 Rose Bowl team (1996 season), the #1 WR was a true Freshman (David Boston), the starting MLB was a true Freshman (Big Kat), and the #2 RB was a True Freshman.

It's going to be a fun, fun dynasty.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

ah nice, yea when i create my fsu historic team for fun it will be hard not to over rate the freshman/so's i look forward to having your whole team to use as a model.

i also just posted a suggestion on luv2tha9s forum at tradition football to change fsu frosh cb lamarcus joyners speed, so hopefully he agrees with me and we use his rosters

catching ratings for freshman wr's on default rosters seem out of whack to, im interested to see how progression treats that stat since the top rated WRs have some terrible catch ratings.
    Last edited by fsuprime; 07-11-2010 at 10:38 PM.

The weirdest thing about freshmen, across the board, is that a lot of true freshmen are coming in with 40 AWR. I have no idea how that's going to affect progression, but I can't imagine it'll work out well in the long run.

Note, that's true freshmen on the built in rosters. No idea what recruits are going to be like.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Thanks, Jeff....I once was blind, but now I see.

Oneback....here's my preferred list....I don't want to stand in the way of a newcomer's favorite team....

1. Michigan
    2. Iowa
    3. Stanford

Alright guys... I'm having too much fun with this game to not be in two great ODs. I think I'm going to drop out of Tiger (even though it's just getting started) and commit to Powerhouse if you guys will still have me.

With that said... [whiny kids voice]BUT I WANTED MICHIGAN[/whiny kids voice].

Just kidding... I can certainly find someone else to run a shotgun option game that I'm addicted to.

G....you can run with Michigan....I was gonna turn them into an under-center offensive team anyways....I'll run with Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa LoneStar View Post
    G....you can run with Michigan....I was gonna turn them into an under-center offensive team anyways....I'll run with Iowa.
    Whatever works... I'm good with or without them. As evidenced by Georgia last year, I can turn a team into whatever I want to make them. Plus, would that put too many in the Big 10? I haven't kept a running count but definitely seems like a lot already.

If you're wanting to run an under-center, run-heavy offense, I highly suggest you look at Wisconsin. Great pair of HBs, one a big bruiser and the other a speedster.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Whatever works... I'm good with or without them. As evidenced by Georgia last year, I can turn a team into whatever I want to make them. Plus, would that put too many in the Big 10? I haven't kept a running count but definitely seems like a lot already.
    Well I'm debating a few Pac-10 teams and Michigan State. I wanna see how their offenses are on the game before I overly commit to somebody.

Are we intentionally leaving USC alone? If not, then I'd like to take them. If we are leaving them alone, then here are my top 3:

1. Michigan
    2. Oregon
    3. Oregon State

My Top 3:

1. Cal
    2. Arizona
    3. Michigan St.

btw im not sure how many members we are at, but skipwondah33 is a good OD player who i have been in dynasties with in each of the last 2 seasons, he is a straight player and takes the game seriously like we do but is not a dick either...anyways if there is room can we let him in? im gonna link him to the forum so he can post and say hello

*edit* also yes i welcome back g with open arms, though i never considered him gone
    Last edited by fsuprime; 07-12-2010 at 08:10 PM.

Thanks FSU.

Yeah I'm definitely interested in joining if a spot is open. I'm free to play Oneback and messaged G when I get the game Thurs.

I've only played in leagues/dynasties that are sim and rule based, so adhering to rules won't be a problem.

PSN: skipwondah33

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Thanks FSU.

Yeah I'm definitely interested in joining if a spot is open. I'm free to play Oneback and messaged G when I get the game Thurs.

I've only played in leagues/dynasties that are sim and rule based, so adhering to rules won't be a problem.

PSN: skipwondah33
    I've played with skip before too and he's a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    If you're wanting to run an under-center, run-heavy offense, I highly suggest you look at Wisconsin. Great pair of HBs, one a big bruiser and the other a speedster.
    Yea....I checked them out. I just like Michigan's uniforms, stadium, and gettin' to try to turn around the series at the end of the season. Plus I have a cousin (his Grandma is my Aunt) who is about to be a sophomore there this fall....but Iowa is nice, too....plus they have a better starting roster....so I'm good with either one....we can flip a coin....lol

Yea....I checked them out. I just like Michigan's uniforms, stadium, and gettin' to try to turn around the series at the end of the season. Plus I have a cousin (his Grandma is my Aunt) who is about to be a sophomore there this fall....but Iowa is nice, too....plus they have a better starting roster....so I'm good with either one....we can flip a coin....lol
    Well, I've pretty much decided to just go to the Pac 10. There's already enough people in the Big 10:

Big 10
    1. JeffHCross - Ohio State 1995
    2. psusnoop - Penn State
    3. Hookem - Minnesota
    4. Papa Lonestar - Michigan
    Pac 10
    1. xGRIDIRONxGURUx - Oregon
    2. Kingpin32 - Cal
    3. gschwendt - USC/Oregon State

And then fsuprime with Florida State. Obviously we'll be adding more members but I think there is already enough competition in the Big 10 so I'll run with my tail tucked between my legs and head out west.

hmm, maybe we can do 4/4/4 with the 3rd 4 being with fsu in the SEC or ACC? just an idea, it would be good to have a 2nd team in florida to balance out the recruiting here a bit more or at leaast a team in the SE like uga or auburn.

also, loading game now!! its been a long road from the UK yesterday morning to orlando, and just finished the 4 hour drive back home to tallahassee, game on

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    I've played with skip before too and he's a good player.
    I thought I recognized your name man. I'll shoot you a friend request later on.

so i have obviously already peaked at this game :/ beat oneback and g today lol, its all downhill from here

g what is your opinion on recruiting difficulty? I just did one season and had a cake walk to the #1 class with fsu, obviously this is with 0 competition from other users, have you messed with the harder difficulties? (im on default varsity)

also just did players leaving, had 6 wanting to go pro, but they were all 90 or below, and they all stayed with max points. Since the games progression system will limit elite players after the roster is flushed with only recruited players (see progression link i posted on last page) we might not have to worry about the problem (or non problem to some) of having 95 ovr staying so that is nice.

*edit*
    also observation:
    one thing that i have noticed in off-season recruiting is that the cpu goes after the new players hard. One of the 4*s i added to my board has 11 scholarship offers.
    Last edited by fsuprime; 07-13-2010 at 06:14 PM.

Without actual testing, for a single player OD, I think you probably want to use All-American recruiting. However, for multiplayer OD, I think Varsity will still provide a decent challenge. BUT with the elite teams that we all plan to use, we might want to consider AA simply for the challenge.