Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 Patch #2 Now Available

• Facebook
  • Display
    So the brilliant "hamfisted" fix for WR blocking was to have CB's in zone sit there and do nothing or if in man run backwards 15 yards. How about this novelty....have the WR actually block the CB. Can this be done? The answer is no, because they can only move a blocker to a location and hope that he picks up a defender and blocks him. There are no assignments like have x-player block force defender, its all about moving a offensive blocker to a location that is mapped on the field and hoping he blocks someone. Look at screens for a perfect example of this.

Granted I didn't expect ground breaking fixes in a patch, but the implementation of improved WR blocking is just lazy.

oh, no,..you are saying they screwed up defenders now? i was happy with the recent norm all things considered.

so running is way too easy now? that would make the entire game `16 bit novelty junk if thats true
    Last edited by ram29jackson; 09-09-2011 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    So... if I download the patch I get: 1. broken no huddle 2. broken custom playbookshmmm... the bigger question is not whether I should download the patch. The bigger question is should I trade in NCAA for the first time ever??? I LOVE the NCAA series and the game this year just had so much potential but it's been letdown after glitch-fest letdown. What reason do I have left to play this game? Seriously... I think it's time for everyone to answer this question for himself.The one saving grace is all my draft classes which I can import to Madden.... oh wait, I can't because of the double save issue. Trajectory, leaping linebackers, psychic DB's, coach pregression that is out of control, no ability to edit height/weight, zero running abilities by spread/option teams, etc., etc., etc. So do we wait another month to have these issues fixed??? I don't know... I am loving my time with Madden. Maybe it's time to walk away from NCAA 12. I really just don't know...
    Your money to do with as you wish. We all have different abilities to overlook things. I have no control over the situation other than not to buy it in the first place. All the glitches aside it plays a good offline game for me and that is all I use it for. There are plenty of people enjoying the game. Sometimes you just have to come to accept that it is a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    I'm not, I'm tired of being positive spin guy...this shit is getting ridiculous.

I have zero faith in EA that this game will get any better than it is, to be honest it hasn't changed much in years anyway. In all my talking with the powers that be over there I always get the same answer..we don't have the capability to do that or this is the way we decided to do it. So instead of putting resources towards making things work as they should they decide to hamfist things also known as "this is the way we decided to do it", the way cover 2 is played is a prime example. This shit is getting old...I was hoping attending the community event and being able to have some input would calm my fears/make me feel better, in honestly it made me feel worse and unless they commit the resources to make things work as they should things aren't going to change and I don't see anything changing.

Bring on another publisher, EA has had their shot and blew it in my eyes.
    This is my feeling on a lot of things now. After 5+ years on next gen the game plays the way it does because it's the way EA wants it to play. It's not going to change. So if someone isn't happy with the gameplay, don't expect any significant change from one year to the next. I've always hoped players would have more weight and momentum but it's a design decision to make players feel the way they do. Same goes for everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Unconquered View Post
    So I've finally learned my lesson and I won't be buying NCAA 13 on launch day next year, or any year until EA sorts out these quality-control issues. I'll buy it used, if I buy it all.
    This is my view as well. Unless I'm blown out of the water by previews next year as well as the demo I will not be buying day one. This is rent first only. Madden has my money now and I don't regret dumping NCAA 12 for one second. Maybe EA needs to go with flexible release dates and push things back to fix bugs because NCAA has been sloppy for awhile in this department.

LOL @ this entire thread now. Everything is fine to me personally but then again I don't get my panties in a wad if something isn't to what I think it should be. Its a damn game, I'm to busy and honestly too lazy to care enough to take it personal.

Yes No huddle is FUBAR now, honestly I just recreated my custom playbook no real need to fight the damn game. Other than that I don't have any complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    LOL @ this entire thread now. Everything is fine to me personally but then again I don't get my panties in a wad if something isn't to what I think it should be. Its a damn game, I'm to busy and honestly too lazy to care enough to take it personal.

Yes No huddle is FUBAR now, honestly I just recreated my custom playbook no real need to fight the damn game. Other than that I don't have any complaints.
    For everyone that can overlook it there are some people who can't. Everyone's going to have a different opinion.

Sent from my LG-US670 using Tapatalk

"You have reached the minimum allowed plays required for your coaching strategy."

This is gonna be a lot of fun

Seems some playbooks now have certain plays that simply CANNOT be removed. For example: Alabama > Ace Slot Flex > TE Post. It's not really a custom playbook then, is it?

They should have never made it so that custom playbooks depend on a base playbook. Bad idea. We should just be able to build our own from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Unconquered View Post
    "You have reached the minimum allowed plays required for your coaching strategy."

This is gonna be a lot of fun

Seems some playbooks now have certain plays that simply CANNOT be removed. For example: Alabama > Ace Slot Flex > TE Post. It's not really a custom playbook then, is it?

They should have never made it so that custom playbooks depend on a base playbook. Bad idea. We should just be able to build our own from scratch.
    nevermind...the fix i used before does not work now..

also after that message when looking to add/remove plays it seems that all the formations i tried to delete and got the message with are still there and each only has 1 play in it... weird
    Last edited by Pig Bomb; 09-09-2011 at 09:12 AM.

I didn't see it in the write up of fixes, does anyone know if they fixed the Sim issues with time not running off the clock during the huddle?

So I'm clear on this: is no huddle FUBAR'ed for custom playbooks only?

Quote Originally Posted by coogrfan View Post
    No it's all playbooks. I played last night and used team specific and if I went no huddle it takes you to the 1st Shotgun formation.

Umm...that's going to be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Bomb View Post
    they took it out at the request of the NCAA since it's now a penalty if someone does it in real life
    That's funny, it's still in the "coaching tips" when the game is loading, it tells you to run to your mascot to celebrate....FUNNY

This just came from the NCAA Football 12 twitter feed: If you are still experiencing issues with your custom playbook post update, you'll need to delete it and create a new one to fix the issues.

So is the no huddle problem seen with guys with custom playbooks, or is it happening to guys that don't have a custom playbook? I haven't created one yet. Was going to wait til this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    "Other Than That, Mrs. Lincoln, How Did You Enjoy the Play?"

Superlinebackers is still my biggest gripe of the game and until this (should be small) fix is fixed I will not be 100% on board with this game (oh and the inability to save bowl games in online dynasty mode was a huge problem for us in year 1, hopefully that is now fixed)

Just found two more bits of weirdness with custom playbooks post-patch, and I had only 30 minutes to fool with it before work:

1) Using UTEP's playbook as a base, I have Shotgun Normal -> 4 Verticals in my playbook ... even though I don't.

2) Selecting the formation Shotgun 5WR Tiger also gives you plays from Shotgun 5WR Flex Trey (I think it's 5WR Flex Trey ... it's just a few formations above 5WR Tiger, but I'm not in front of my Xbox 360 right now). They're mysteriously linked.

I'll send EA an invoice for my bug testing. Anyone know what the minimum wage is in Florida?
    Last edited by Unconquered; 09-09-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coogrfan View Post
    When I played last night, it seems like it takes you to your first play in your playbook, i.e if you're running the 3-3-5 stack on defense and you're in a DIME 3-2-6, then the offense does no-huddle it pulls up 3-3-5 stack, not sure why but you can scroll back over to Dime 3-2-6, it's a few more clicks but it seems to work ok.

This was with default 3-3-5 stack, not a custom playbook.

Same thing on offense, I came out in Ace Big and then did no-huddle, it took me to Shotgun Slot F Wing, which is the first SG formation in my playbook. Again I was able to scroll back to my formation, I guess it's annoying, but it does seem to work.

On a side note, the WR blocking is wild, the option attack is fun to run now. I played a few games using Army's PB and MAN! The WR's basically throw the DBs to the ground, not sure if that's holding but it makes for some interesting gains.

I played some offline games and everything seems to work alright. The no-huddle issue is there (as mentioned above) but you can scroll through to make it work, just takes a few more seconds.

They changed up the special teams menu, seems like it defaults to punt or FG...reverse of what it should....if you're 4th and long on your own 20 it defaults to FG attempt, if you're on their 20 and it's 4th and 2 it defaults to PUNT, not sure why it doesn't just do one or the other so you have to pay attention to what is defaults to.

Online wise, I played an OD game, I won. I'm the OC and my defense was on the field to end the game. When the game was over, it didn't show the normal highlights and end game recap. It just took me to the pause menu and gave me the option to "exit game" when I clicked on that it told me all progress would be lost. But I couldn't do anything else, so I click Exit and then it took me back to the OD menu, showed my game was completed and had the correct score, just didn't do any highlights. Not sure what's going on there, but it did keep the game results. So other than presentation it seems to be working.

As far as MY OD, I couldn't get it to pass the Transfer Failed option. Couldn't advance it online, so scrapped the OD. Guess we'll start over.

I also played a few ranked online games and 2 out of 5 just froze while we were playing, the score was 0-0 I could still text message my opponent but both our screens were frozen. The only way out was to "quit" the game from the PSN menu.

I really don't want to go to Madden, I like College Football...maybe if it atleast keeps working offline it will be ok.

Sorry if its been posted already but when creating a new playbook, "I Form Tight" is no longer listed. Unfortunate for me because that was my base formation for my triple option attack Hopefully this will be resolved. No reason to remove formations.