Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Share Your OFFLINE Franchise Stories (Madden 12)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Say no more... back in the day I had many an issues with 360. Glad to be on the PS3 now.
    I am a PS3 guy from the start, but it messed up while playing La Noire. I havent got it fixed yet, but I was playing on another persons console.

I just started a Raiders franchise on the weekend. Had a horrible start, but here are what I consider my biggest moves/decisions so far.

- Re-signed Seymour (DT), Branch (SS), Routt (CB), Shaughnessy (RE) and Scott (RE) to 3/4 year contracts. Most of these are already paying off.
    - Campbell starts at QB (although I'm looking for replacements/opportunities to check out Pryor's skills constantly). Edwards at 2, Pryor 3rd String.
    - Jacoby Ford to 2nd WR, behind Louis Murphy. This should be a big season for him. D Moore is third stringer.
    - McFadden is starting HB, with Jones in second string after an impressive showing in the preseason.
    - Signed free agent P. Tinoisamoa (LOLB, 78 rating). He is my starting LOLB.
    - Traded Schilens (WR) to the Cowboys in week 4 for a 2012 3rd round pick, and a 2013 3rd round pick.

Any thoughts? I just signed up here after reading this thread, and thinking there is some information that could be helpful here, so figured I'd share too.

I only signed depth in FA. I had no Centers at all. In FA I never focus on OVR, I only focus on ratings. I signed Wilkerson.
    In Pre-season right now
    Draft:
    The QB I really wanted got drafted by Carolina 1st OVR. I was pissed because he was 85 OVR A POT 95 THP 86 TAM 82 TAD. I drafted a guy in the 7th. I played him in a Practice and he was horrible. I will focus on QB next draft
    RB- Good blend of power and Speed. Future Star in Player Role
    WR- I draft 2 WRs with 98 Speed, one 5'10 A POT, and one 6'1 B POT. Traded S.Moss. Both were Deep Threats thanks to Speed. Will use them for KR/PR
    DL- I dont know any of there ratings, but I made sure they were 3-4 DL. In my Phins Chise, I drafted a 4-3 DE on a 3-4 team,he was good but didnt fit scheme.
    CB- I fully scouted a CB and I had to draft him. 90 Man and Zone Cov. Shut Down Corner in Player Role. But only has 88 Speed and is 5'10. I am transitioning to a Man-Heavy Scheme.

I will sim my 2nd season, Grossman wont fit my offense. I will use custom playbook. Mostly West Coast Offense with some of Bills's college formation. Defense will be a custom 3-4 defense , but most Man coverage and some zone. I draft a CB that fits in my scheme, but need more. Safety, TE, RB(Torain and Hightower can be good change of pace), WR is almost set(need Height), DL, OLB is set(where I feel comfortable at). Next draft, I will focus on QB(1st Priority), Tall WR, MLB(Rocky is injury prone).

Quote Originally Posted by silens View Post
    I just started a Raiders franchise on the weekend. Had a horrible start, but here are what I consider my biggest moves/decisions so far.

- Re-signed Seymour (DT), Branch (SS), Routt (CB), Shaughnessy (RE) and Scott (RE) to 3/4 year contracts. Most of these are already paying off.
    - Campbell starts at QB (although I'm looking for replacements/opportunities to check out Pryor's skills constantly). Edwards at 2, Pryor 3rd String.
    - Jacoby Ford to 2nd WR, behind Louis Murphy. This should be a big season for him. D Moore is third stringer.
    - McFadden is starting HB, with Jones in second string after an impressive showing in the preseason.
    - Signed free agent P. Tinoisamoa (LOLB, 78 rating). He is my starting LOLB.
    - Traded Schilens (WR) to the Cowboys in week 4 for a 2012 3rd round pick, and a 2013 3rd round pick.

Any thoughts? I just signed up here after reading this thread, and thinking there is some information that could be helpful here, so figured I'd share too.
    It will be interesting to see how many seasons Seymour plays before retiring. I may put him at the block on the deadline and see if I can get a pick and LB out of it. Ford as your #2 is a great move but in my franchise he is ALWAYS getting injured. I loved Jones at RB in preseason but during the season he has struggled, hence why I picked up Noel Devine out of the FA pool. Any plans on Mike Bush? I may also try to move him at the dealine for a pic... he's a good player but too SLOW to have an impact in Madden.

It will be interesting to see how many seasons Seymour plays before retiring. I may put him at the block on the deadline and see if I can get a pick and LB out of it. Ford as your #2 is a great move but in my franchise he is ALWAYS getting injured. I loved Jones at RB in preseason but during the season he has struggled, hence why I picked up Noel Devine out of the FA pool. Any plans on Mike Bush? I may also try to move him at the dealine for a pic... he's a good player but too SLOW to have an impact in Madden.
    You're right about Seymour. If he hasn't retired by the end of this contract, I may try and get something for him. In my game vs the Pats, both Ford and McFadden were injured in the last quarter (pretty much losing me the game 3-7). Luckily Ford was fine for the next week - McFadden was out for 6 weeks. I've had a similar experience with Jones since the preseason, although he is still good for a big gain every now and again. I've held on to Michael Bush, and may put him as started while McFadden is out. I do like Schilens as a player in real-life, but you're right. Although he's seemed more consistent than other receivers in the past (in Madden), Ford seems to be getting better week-by-week. I'm starting to look at TO (WR) now in FA, as he hasn't been picked up by anyone.

I also signed a mid-80 RT/RG (can't remember off the top of my head right now). I've moved Wisniewski to LG, put Satele back in at C, and now just want to strengthen the right-side of the line a little more.

Right now, my main concern is still Campbell at QB, although scouting for QBs has given me some promising results. The touted "first rounder" looks like a bust, but I'll probably continue to scout a number of QBs through the season. Hopefully accumulating some picks will allow me to trade up into second/first round. Other draft considerations right now: OLB, C, RG.

1st preseason game:
    SD 14 WASH 21
    Good overall game. The RB I drafted looked great in limited touches. THe WRs I picked up will be a problem. Both of them had a Long TD Rec. All I need is a QB. All my QB played horrible. I try to trade for Mallet, if they play horrible again.

Just lost @ HOU in OT. They won the toss, I took them to 4th down, they kicked the FG and won 20-17. I thought the rule change meant to give me a possession afterwards?

Anyway, Campbell has a surprisingly solid game (15 of 21 attempts, 229 yards, 138.9 rating). Both Jones and Bush ran for single digits, but Jones made up for it with 2 TD receptions (7 rec for 149 yds).

Biggest changeup this week was trading Walter McFadden (64 rated CB) to Buffalo for 2 5th round picks (to free up a roster spot). Then a previously acquired 2012 3rd round pick from Dallas was traded to the Patriots for Ryan Mallet. He'll be my 2nd stringer for now; with 1 year left on his contract, Campbell may have met his replacement. Otherwise, Mallet seems like a solid project alongside Pryor. Don't really want to drop T Edwards yet, but we'll see how the rookies progress.

Quote Originally Posted by silens View Post
    Just lost @ HOU in OT. They won the toss, I took them to 4th down, they kicked the FG and won 20-17. I thought the rule change meant to give me a possession afterwards?
    The new overtime rules apply to the postseason only at this point in time. It is definitely confusing, and there have been rumblings about extending them to the regular season as well.

Game 10: Raiders 17 Vikings 28

6-4
    I badly, badly outplayed the Vikes but once again Jason Campbell did me in. Yes he had his best stats of the year with 301 yards passing, 2 tds and a 69% completion rating. However, TWO PICS and a fumble which led to a TD cost me the game. That's two losses in a row as I head back home to play Chicago. McFadden is still hurt so my run game is suffering. Plus I had to dip into FA for a DT (Brace) because I lost Kelly for the season. I still am in the palyoff hunt though as the Chargers are 7-2 and the Chiefs are 3-7 and the Broncos are 1-9. The AFC is really weak this year and I am in 6th overall.

Just lost Grossman for the year. I only have 1 Qb on roster. A Undrafted QB at 61 OVR C POT. Have to sign somebody
    I signed Vince Young. I will sim the season. I have a lot of picks this year. Main need is QB, OLine, MLB. I might draft a QB late and focus on Oline. I have needs at almost every OL spot. Center is horrible, Most of my B POT are either old or low OVR. #2 CB is a need, too
    While simming the season, I lost my Undrafted QB for the season too. I have to sign someone else. We are 3-10. I might try to sign a Franchise LT since Williams isnt, might move him over.
    Ended season 4-12.
    In FA, my main concern is depth and K and P.
    Last edited by illwill10; 09-09-2011 at 12:07 AM.

I signed a DC as my HC. He has 3+ Man Cov and TAK boost. I didnt like the other HC.
    I only signed 5 players in FA. All young. K,P 2 Guards, MLB. I dont like to overload at positions.
    I got the #1 OVR pick. I fully scouted the 1st rd QBs and none of them are what I want. I picked a Franchise LT I fully scouted.
    I drafted a LT, Backup FS, WR, 2 MLBs(huge need), QB(late, fully scouted A POT), CB, 2 RTs, Backup RB.
    I plan on getting rid of of Torain and HighTower.
    Last edited by illwill10; 09-09-2011 at 12:38 AM.

With me drafting a QB, I feel comfortable playing regular season
    The QB I drafted is a 6'5 235 QB. Slow, but has a Rocket/Cannon Arm with a Stafford's Release. He will go perfect with the 2 98 Speed WRs I drafted last year.
    I would sim preseason, since I know who I will keep. But, I am intrigued with the Undrafted Rookies my team picked up
    Last edited by illwill10; 09-09-2011 at 01:17 AM.

1st Pre-season game
    49ers 28 Skins 7
    Just a bad overall game. Offense never got going will constant switching in lack of TOP. way too many Sacks given up. Turnovers didnt help. Defense wasnt that bad even though only 2 punts. I have a HC and a DC that has 3+ Man Cov boost total of 6+ Man Cov, so I was surprised that I seen my CBs being burned. QB that my team picked up sucks. Athletic but is only accurate from 1-10 yards.
    I might sim preseason, but I fear of injury to key players. A couple of Undrafted rookies that I was curious about, I will just use them in a Practice to see how effective they are. I will cut them if they arent.
    I am running a West Coast Offense. I am basically a Philly-Clone, besides a fast QB. A Strong armed QB, All-Around RB, 5+ WRs with 90+ Speed, Pass-Catching TE. I Might have to Decrease CPU Pass- Rush. I have no time in the pocket. I have 2 seconds than I am sacked. Most of the sacks are either unpicked up Blitzes or a f**k up by a blocker.
    Simmede thee Preseason
    Last edited by illwill10; 09-09-2011 at 01:23 PM.

1st Game of the Season
    Wash 35 ARI 38.
    Arizona's offense could do no wrong. When they wanted to run, they ran. Same goes with Passing. There 2Nd RB went off with 200+ yards and 4 TDs. Even though most of my CBs has 90+ Man COv(thanks to 2 coaches with 3+ Man Cov boost), They were getting beat short the entire game. I shut L.Fitzgerald to 3 Catches. My offense was great, but we played under the whole time. MY Rookie QB looked great. 400+ yards and 4 TDs. My run game never got started because of we had to score each drive. I missed a few plays and Oline got destroyed.

Just had my 1st ever Punt Return TD. My WR broke a Tackle and wasvout

Quote Originally Posted by illwill10 View Post
    Just had my 1st ever Punt Return TD. My WR broke a Tackle and wasvout
    Damn, I am still waiting for that. However, this year I have had two user blocked FG's and that's the most I have EVER had in madden in all the seasons combined (going back to 04).

Damn, I am still waiting for that. However, this year I have had two user blocked FG's and that's the most I have EVER had in madden in all the seasons combined (going back to 04).
    It didnt count. I was having a great game against Gmen after a close lost to Cards, I realized how easiliy I able accidently moved the setting from Custom(your slider set) to All-Madden and moved it back. I didnt know all USer sliders were at 99-100. I was pissed. But it was 2nd quarter, so I felt comfortable stopping there and restarting some other time.
    Even though the Return didnt count, I know how to approach it. I have the blazing speed necessary. It is all about breaking a tackle or 2 and getting the kicking team inside the hash.

Same here. I've blocked a FG and returned it for a TD, and had one FG blocked by the Pats so far. I've struggled with punt returns this year, though.

Punt Returns are extremely hard. The Gunners usually get their quick to stop you. Even if your Edge players get back their quick and you take a LB and set him up there, their awareness is horrible on returns. I think you have to turn up Run Blocking on Punt Returns. Ive had a KR TD in Preseason. With Kick Returns it is 60-40 Bad Returns, Either you Break a tackle and get a good block or Defense guns down the field.
    I have yet to block a FG, but I never really tried to.
    I might continue my Franchise before the College Games comes ons around noon

Game 2
    Giants 9 Wash 45

Just a blowout game against a rival and a good game after a close lost. My rookie QB had a average game at best, 8-18 172 2 TDs. But, my 2nd year players showed out. Both of my 2nd year WRs had TD and at least 50 yards. I was only going to pick up 1 of them in that draft, but I had the extra pick and made a great decision. My 2nd year RB showed his potential. He had 19-132 2 TDs. He showed a great balance of speed, power, and balance. My rookie Power Back also had a 2 yard TD. Giants could not get anything going. My 2nd year CB completely shut out Nicks. All my CBs basically shut down their WRs, basically not letting up in YAC. Run Game never got started because they were down. My Rookie MLB had 8 TAKs and mad pressure in the backfield. They had 2 TOs that really hurted them and gave me short fields. The punt I signed in FA, only a 68 but has 98 KPOW, constantly gave them fits and gave them long fields to work with. I also returned a Onside Kick for a TD with Armstrong. I have the fastest WR core(sorry OAK), but with a bad OL, I have to use short routes. Next game against SD.

I had more sucess running out of 3 WR sets than 2 WR sets. I also had a good run in the Pistol set. I might change up the formation. They had my Power back as the HB and my Starter as a HB in that set. I might use Pistol more. I might use the Full Playbook more. There are tons of plays I havent used yet.