Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Share Your OFFLINE Franchise Stories (Madden 12)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Two games in the preseason, 0-2. No big deal, except I sign Tatupu to a 5 year deal, and is hurt for 8 weeks after the first preseason game

Game 3: Raiders 20 Jets 23 (OT)

1-2
    This was a hard fought loss that went deep into OT before the Jets kicked a 26 yard FG for the win. Jason Campbell finally emerged with a strong game throwing for 1td (and 1 pic) and 200+ yards passing. I drove down the field and kicked a 49 yard FG with 24 seconds left to tie the game at 20. However, I didn't see the ball in OT and Tomlinson/Greene methodically drove all the way down the field in OT to win the game. My DB's are just awful and my linebacking core has no depth... really those things cost me the game. On a bright note, Chaz Schilens really emerged as a "go to" option in the receiving core. Heyward-Bey continues to flounder with drop after drop. It may be time to put him on the trade block???

I decided to get FA Tatupu for my LB core... but he signed with the Patriots... the team I play next.

Game 4: Raiders 27 Patriots 17

2-2
    First play of the game Brady throws to Tate who gets rocked and Huff picks up the fumble and goes in for a TD. I never looked back from there. Jason Campbell had another decent game and the run game worked pretty well. However, this victory comes because of my DL and shockingly, my LINEBACKERS! Quentin Groves had a huge game... I guess he knew I was looking to upgrade. My secondary was torched for 300+ yards but actually that's pretty good considering they were playing against Brady.

Next I get to scout more players. I will continue to look at linebackers and cornerbacks. However, I am considering my longterm QB plans as well.

Currently simming my 2nd year of my Phins Franchise. I am only scouting. After 11 games, we are 3-8. So, I am on pace for top 5 pick. With Bengals 1st round pick, I will definitely have 2 top 15 picks. I mainly focused on CB and WR. I mean I scouted almost every CB and WR.
    We finished season 5-11. I will have th 4th and 14th pick of the draft.
    I made a ton of trades in the draft. I have 6 picks in the 1st 3 rounds next draft. I drafted Luck. I had to trade a few good players to lower the cap. I was able to sign my players. I drafted 1 WR, MLB, HB, 3 CBs(big need), FS. I have a ton of CBs. I draft Greg Reid(CB, FSU) early in 1st. I plan on playing this season. Really have to focus on Pre-season, especially for CBs.
    I will trade Mallet later in Preseason
    Last edited by illwill10; 09-02-2011 at 03:02 AM.

Game 5: Raiders 38 Texans 13

3-2
    This game was super easy. The Texans could not compete as they were devestated by injuries and COLD STREAK players. Delhomme was the starter and he was 22-46 for 180+ yards. The Texans only ran the ball 11 times. The Texans also had NINE players with cold streaks. The score of this game flattered the Texans as they scored a TD with no time left on the clock.

Jason Campbell managed the game well but his medium/deep balls are just awful. I may look at trading Campbell at the trade deadline if the offer is there and going with Trent Edwards. We will see what happens...
    Last edited by jaymo76; 09-02-2011 at 02:57 PM.

I resigned clutch players to long term deals. I finally created a Custom Playbook for O and D. I had no problem cutting players. I lost my 1st round CB for 8 weeks and my rookie WR for 10 weeks. I am not mad about my CB. He wasnt a bust, but he doest fit my scheme. He is a 83 OVR A POT CB, but he is 5'8 and he is a Zone only CB. I will use him as a nickel CB when he comes back.
    1st Game of 3rd Season:
    Bills (16) Phins (22)
    Overally good game. Andrew Luck threw for 14-19 163+ yards 0 TDs, but had 3 INTs. I had a great game running as a team. D.Thomas had 22+ carries and 110+ yards and Devine had a 25+ yard TD run. I got sacked 4-5 Times. Besides a Fumble TD Return by Bills, I shut down their Offense. Their RB avg 4.5 YPC, but shut their total rush yards to 55 yards. Their passing game never got started. I had 2 INTs(1 TD RET) by 2 of my Rookie DBs. I was able to get 5 Sacks. Next game is against Patriots.
    I am torn on Ryan Mallet. He is 83 OVR, but he progressed very well. 98 THP, 95 TAS, 96 TAM, 93 PAC. He only has 1 year left on contract. He played great in Preseason. I will extend him another year and trade him. I will make sure I get at least a 1st-3rd round pick and a good young SS.

GAME 6: Raiders 30 Browns 20

4-2
    Jason Campbell, you may have spent your last life as a Raider starter. I pulled Campbell in the 3rd quarter. He was 6-17 for 48 yards and two pics. We were down 17-10. I bring in Edwards and he goes 7-10 for 132 yards and 1 td (plus one running TD). McFadden had a solid 24 carries for 103 yards and 1 TD. Janikowski had three FG's (36, 49, 54 yards).

The real story of the game... COLT McCoy is awful. He threw FOUR PICS!!! Had he played better, Cleveland wins the game hands down. Cleveland didn't use Hillis enough... poor choice because he avg 6 ypc. However, Cleveland falls to 1-4 and I move to 4-2 with KC Chiefs up next. Currently I am in 2nd, ONE game behind San Diego.

Note: the cpu play calling leaves a lot to be desired. There is not enough running and the cpu passer % seems to low across the league.

3rd game
    Texans 27(3-0) Phins 17(2-1)
    The score doesnt tell the story. It was a horrible game by my part. Andrew Luck finally had a good game, but my run game was shut down. Run game in my offense is important. I wasnt able to get any offense till the 4th and it was already over. I could not stop Arian Foster. He had 205 yards. AJ had 100+ receiving. What hurt me was that I lost the TOP battle. I need to get my Run Game going.
    4th Game
    ATL 6(1-4) Phins 41(3-1)
    Just a blowout. Andrew Luck showed what type of QB he can be. 350+ yards and 3 TDs. Run game was shut down again. I will switch my RBs around. My last 3 games Thomas has been not productive. Time to give Devine the spotlight. E.Gates has been on fire last 3 games. ATL played very conserative. My CBs were able to shut down Julio and White. Turner had a good(not great) game, but gave him the ball at bad times.
    Next game is against NE. 1 week until my CB comes back from serious injury. I will trade him for a CB equally as good as him. The CB fits my scheme perfectly and has the HWS Phins like. I will trade him and Future 1st Pick. I have 3 1st picks this year, so I will just trade one of those picks for a Future 1st so I can just replace. I traded Mallet to Lions for a Future 1st. Most of my trades have been either Vets or players with high cap, so I can lower the Cap.

After 4 games
    Andrew Luck is 6th in QB rating(Cam Newton is 2nd). He has 1087 yards 6 TDs 7 INTs and 2nd in % rate at 65%. Daniel Thomas has 80-300(3.7 YPC) and 3 TDs. E.Gates has 381 yards 3 TDs and B.Marshall has 345 yds 1 TD. 6Th worst in Total Team Offense but are 4th in PPG. We have the #1 Total Defense. 1st in Pass Defense and 13th in Rush. Tied 4th in Sacks. #1 in 3rd%. 2nd Worst in Red Zone %. 3rd best in RZ Def %. -2 in TO DIFF
    Last edited by illwill10; 09-03-2011 at 03:03 AM.

Game 7: Raiders 24 Chiefs 17

5-2
    First play of the game, new starting QB Trent Edwards is injured and Jason Campbell comes in. He pretty much won his job jack with a strong game. He went 21-36 for 223 yards (on fire in the first half). This was actually one of the best games I have played on NEXT GEN MADDENS. Charles ran all over me but Cassel just could not pull out a win when he had the chance. Poor D of K.C. ~ seriously 7 or 8 were on cold streaks and it totally showed.

Most of my players are back from the injured list. Denarius Moore is still out for another two games but my receivers have been doing a good job. Murphy (WR) and Boss (TE) are on fire and Ford's speed is a huge bonus. Currently, McFadden is in the running for MVP.

I think I will replace Daniel Thomas in the draft this year. He is too slow and he is not a powerful back even though he has 91 TRK. I might give Brandon Jacobs more play time. Jacobs had a bigger affect in Preseason than Thomas.

I just realized that it is week 6 in my Franchise. I thought it was Week 5, I forgot about the early BYE week. I wanted to trade my 1st round rookie CB when he comes back from injury next week. He is a Ronde Barber type CB, just smaller. I need a big Physical Man CB. I will trade him early in the offseason. I will trade Henne(again) in the offseason. I would do it this week but he is a backup that I trust and can fit in my Offense. I lost 2 young WRs early in season. 1 comes back in 5 weeks and 1 comes back in 8 weeks. I didnt really pass to my rookie WR in the pre-season, so I dont know how he looks.
    Thinking early about upcoming draft, We need a replacement RT for Carey(age), Replace Power HB for Thomas(production), Receiving TE, Replacement NT, Replacement MLB for Dansby(Age), Replacement ROLB for Wake(Age), Replacement for Bell(Age). I only draft players I scout so if a player isnt there Ill trade down or for a pick.
    I am set at WR and CB(after I trade my Zone CB for a Man CB), set at QB, set at K/P, set at DL(might need to replace NT). I like to trade away vets over 80 for future picks. I
    After trading vets with high caps early in the season, My Cap lowered and I was able to do tons of resigning. So, I dont have to worry about Resign period or FA. I am 30 Million under Cap. Unless I see a player I like in FA, I will make a few signings. After this draft, I will be using generated classes.
    Last edited by illwill10; 09-03-2011 at 02:37 PM.

I think my scouting strategy may be flawed. 80% of the people I am scouting are CB's and OLB's. I guess you need to think strategically about what you want to draft in each round. This year I have two pics in round five and two pics in round six and I am hoping to find at least one sleeper in that mix.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I think my scouting strategy may be flawed. 80% of the people I am scouting are CB's and OLB's. I guess you need to think strategically about what you want to draft in each round. This year I have two pics in round five and two pics in round six and I am hoping to find at least one sleeper in that mix.
    I had the same problem in my 1st draft. I didnt take notice to Projected Rounds.
    After that draft, I have scouted more efficently. I scouted players in each round instead of top 5 rounds.Lately I have been scouted heavily on position of need. It is kinda hard to scout since it is basically scouting in M12 is picking the right players to scout. I wish they had player info. Like where it tells you players play style. Example, Scrambling QB, Power RB, Hard Hitting SS. They have to go deeper in scouting next year.I did miss out on a few players in drafts.

Forgot to mention.... in my last game I lost a SECOND OL to injury! Absolutely awesome! I don't think I have ever lost OL in Madden or NCAA and this year in Madden after 7 games I have two out with injuries.

Game 8: Raiders 31 Broncos 28 (OT)

6-2
    This was the WORST game of football I have ever played re: offensive production. I won this game and had no right to whatsoever.

Yards 443 for Denver and 66 for me!!!
    ** 65 pass yards 1 rush yard (I was sacked 7 times for big losses)
    0 of 14 on 3rd down conversions
    7 completed passes all game for me
    15 total injuries (7 for me 8 for Denver)

So why did I win???

Jacoby Ford ran a kickoff back for a TD
    4 ints.... one for a pic six
    4 forced fumbles.... one which went for a TD
    one USER blcoked field goal (my first in next gen!!!)
    one goalline stand in the fourth quarter
    a fumble recovery on a cpu punt return in OT to set-up a 43 yard OT/Game winner.

Jason Campbell is oficially done as starter!!!

I will restart my Franchise on a nother console. I am not sure if I will use the Dolphins again. I will use the Redskins, more of a challenge. Need a QB, RB, WR, OL, Front 7, CB. Alot of needs. I am not sure if I will trade for Ryan Mallet again. Mainly because 2-3 years down the line he is as good as any other QB besides OVR becuase his ratings progresses greatly, but I want to draft a QB. Ill have a ton of moves to make. Trade vets for picks including Fletcher and Moss early in the season for high draft picks.

On my new Franchise with Skins:
    Simulated 1st season. 6-10 after season and finished with 5th pick in draft.
    Mainly scouted QB, RB, WR, and CB. There is 2 QBs in the top 2 rounds. Both are slow. I plan on trading vets. Fletcher retired. I plan Moss, Most of the CBs. I am set at TE, OLB, S. I plan on drafting QB, RB, WR, CB, MLB, and DE mainly in the draft.
    I am currently at FA and will continue later tonite. I have 50 mil in CAP. I resigned alot of players. I dont plan on signing too many players just depth.

Quote Originally Posted by illwill10 View Post
    On my new Franchise with Skins:
    Simulated 1st season. 6-10 after season and finished with 5th pick in draft.
    Mainly scouted QB, RB, WR, and CB. There is 2 QBs in the top 2 rounds. Both are slow. I plan on trading vets. Fletcher retired. I plan Moss, Most of the CBs. I am set at TE, OLB, S. I plan on drafting QB, RB, WR, CB, MLB, and DE mainly in the draft.
    I am currently at FA and will continue later tonite. I have 50 mil in CAP. I resigned alot of players. I dont plan on signing too many players just depth.
    illwill, purely out of curiosity, why are you restarting??? Was the first one just a "test" franchise??? Why not switch to another team in the offseason and continue on from there?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    illwill, purely out of curiosity, why are you restarting??? Was the first one just a "test" franchise??? Why not switch to another team in the offseason and continue on from there?
    I played on the 360 and now I am playing on the PS3. Too many freezing and only have a Sliver so I dont have current rosters.

Game 9: Raiders 17 Charger 34

6-3
    Mathews and Tolbert ran all over my D. They had about 200 yards combined. Rivers was decent (60% comp 156 yards and a TD). This game was close until the 4th quarter when the FUMBLE bug hit my team. I had FOUR FUMBLES, THREE IN THE SECOND HALF THAT BLEW THIS GAME OPEN. It was 10-7 at the half for SD. Edwards was playing well in his first game as starter... then he got injured... again and Campbell came in and had a other poo effort. On the bright side Heyward-Bey has had two straight strong games.

This game was tough as I came in with a few MAJOR injuries (RB McFadden, DT, Seymour & MLB McCLAIN most importantly). I had an open roster spot so I signed NOEL DEVINE to a one year deal before the game.... he is only 65 ovr but has an A potential and his speed and accelaration are off the charts. He had 11 carries for 114 yards. However, this is missleading as his first four carries brought him over 100 yards (one 77 yard TD run). At the half SD must have made adjustmens as he was destroyed in the backfield and gave up THREE FUMBLES in my end which basically cost me the game.

I am in 2nd place in the AFC west, tied with SD. The divsion is awful and truly the AFC seems week as currently I am in 4th in the conference. Next up... the Vikings. Historically I have struggled versus Mini so we will see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by illwill10 View Post
    I played on the 360 and now I am playing on the PS3. Too many freezing and only have a Sliver so I dont have current rosters.
    Say no more... back in the day I had many an issues with 360. Glad to be on the PS3 now.