Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Share Your OFFLINE Franchise Stories (Madden 12)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Both Peyton and Reggie Wayne retired. I have to replace them in this draft. I resigned a couple of players. I just sined Depth again in FA.
    Fully scouted a A POT QB in the 3rd, 2 RT, WR, C. P. I am ready to play this season. Alot of my picks progressed well.
    I didnt realized, that I only have 1 RB(A POT) and only 4 WRs, and 1 FS. Ihave to sign some depth.
    I have to change up Custom Defense Playbook. I have alot of 3-4 sets, I will run a 4-3 with Colts. I created a Man Heavy 4-3 D.
    Last edited by illwill10; 10-04-2011 at 03:33 AM.

The one thing I am lacking is a Deep threat. All my WRs on Wash were deep threats. Garcon is getting old. I drafted this 85 OVR WR with good WR ratings, but has 85 speed.

Illwill10 - I just gotta say .. PLEASE keep writing about your franchise - I absolutely love it ! Especially now that you moved to Indi - my team !
    I'm thinking of starting a new franchise up (I'm in my fourth year with the Packers now, won the SuberBowl three times, so it's getting kinda old :p) - but I can't seem to figure out what team I wanna use .. I'm thinking either Bengals, because of the youth and potential on that team - or San Diego, as they are kinda my second team New England is also a option - simply because of the overall quality on that team...

I completely changed Colts whole team up in 2 offseasons. Most of the players either retired, on another team, or degressed heavily. Heading into this season, There is only one starter from last/IRL year which is Dwight Freeney. I am excited to see how this team turns out, especially with me using a custom playbook. I dont have the speed I had on Redskins, but atleast their OL was already good when I got their. So, I will have time for my rookie QB to make throws. He is a pocket passer(82 OVR), with a big arm and great TAS(89) and 80 TAM. His great TAS really helps since my WRs are slow. I scouted a 7th rd RB while on Skins, that I knew would be good. Defense is totally rebuilt. Drafted a FAST RE to replace Freeney, but have have as Starting LE until Freeney retires. I have 3 A POT MLBs. 1 Colts drafted, 1 I drafted, and 1 I had signed in FA that I had with Skins. Since I had holes at OLB and because my MLBs are very fast, I moved them to OLBs. So, my LB group and DL is set. Colts already had a great secondary with the addition of a couple of nickel CBs in FA, That group is set and fit my scheme. Only question is Safety. I drafted 2 fast Safeties that can hit, one is more of a cover corner at Safety. My SS is more of a 3-4 inside the box SS. He can provide the run defense and will probably lead team in Tackles, but may be a problem in pass situation. I signed Alex Henery from Skins, He was great for me their.
    I have the pieces, just hope they play well in my scheme. I am turning Colts in a Philly-like West Coast offense. I might add more short routes in, since I dont have speed at WR. With Redskins, I had the weapons to be a fast paced offense that can score with 6 or less plays. I might have to turn into a 10+ offense.
    Last edited by illwill10; 10-05-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Need to get back into this game but I'm just too busy with work family right now. My goal is to win the SB this year.

... Just out of curiosity, what am I doing different from a lot of people. I read all over the internet people asking for help building teams or struggling to fill positions. I very rarely have trouble team building in offline franchise. I'll start my season, get through the preseason and then before the first game basically make my team. I'll go to all NFL and sort by potential (even the ? marks are sorted properly for those who don't know) and basically trade around for each position until I basically have every position filled with a starter that is young and is in the top 10 in potential for their position, and they are usually already decent. I try to grab them while they are low OVR and very young so they are easy to trade for, and then 2 years later BAM I have a star player. I'll sim the first year, do the same thing after the draft, making sure to pick up the super high potential players from the draft and trade for them easily while they are lower OVR, sim the second year and repeat again, So after I'm done and ready to start playing at year 3, I basically have a team full of VERY young players in the high 80's and up (typically have a bunch at 90-94, some 85-89, and some 95+) starting at every position, each player with a high A potential (according to the sorting in all NFL, which proves to be right 98% of the time) and then a couple top ranked (in potential) rookie players from the latest draft. Beyond that point, all I have to do is trade around at the start of every season by trading away higher OVR players for players the have lower OVR then them, but that have higher potential, are younger, or both. I can do all of this with most teams. With a team like the packers, it's easy because of all of the trade material they have to start with at most positions. However a couple teams I have trouble (namely the seahawks) but I can usually get a great team up at the very latest by the start of season 5. Then it's high rolling and great seasons plus super bowl wins for the rest of the franchise.

A thing to note is, as I am doing this, I don't always sim the first two years, I've played them with the players that while they don't start out good, get a lot better, and typically have at least decent seasons.

Anyways, the point to all of that was to basically put out there what I do. I'm not sure if I'm somehow really good at this, or I am exploiting the game or something (I don't do any edit player bull**** by the way), or what. Anyways, if anybody wants some advice on team building go ahead and give me a shout.

Lol. You are exploiting the flaw with potential. It's supposed to be hidden.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Huh. Wasn't aware it was a flaw. It's very poorly hidden...

Going to try and get back into this game tonight. I have been so busy winning back to back national championships with CAL that I have neglected this game. I just wish there was more presentation depth and overall immersion. Those two things would keep me coming back for more...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Going to try and get back into this game tonight. I have been so busy winning back to back national championships with CAL that I have neglected this game. I just wish there was more presentation depth and overall immersion. Those two things would keep me coming back for more...
    Exactly.
    I like the gameplay on Madden more, but there really isnt anything that makes me want to play. With NCAA, recruiting has brought me back to playing it(after I played other games that came out). If the whole draft/scouting process alone was more fun, I could see myself playing MAdden more. In Madden, it is hoping you scout the RIGHT player rather than putting the time in weekly. Madden(NCAA too) needs to involve the rest of the league in Franchise league. I want to hear what is going on in league besides just standings. I want to see more stat overlays, Playoff scenarios, coaching hotseats, current season, matchups.

Finally played again.

Game 2: Oakland (me) 31 vs KC Chiefs 14
    ** a real defensive struggle though teh score doesn't reflect it. My #3 overall pick DT HARDAWAY had FIVE AND A HALF SACKS and TEN TACKLES. However, since the player of the game feature is broken it went to Routt who had a pick six and zero tackles After playing this game I go to 2-0 on the season. I do have some concerns with my passing though as now Murphy and Ford are out at WR with injuries. This kid I drafted (Sharp) couldn't catch a ball if he had ten fingers on it.

Game 3: Oakland at Pittsburgh
    ** I felt good going into this game. I shouldn't have... the final 31-0 for PITTSBURGH. I have never been shut out on the PS3 versions of Madden. I am still shocked. I threw five picks and was absolutely dominated. PITTSBURGH had NINE defensive players on hot streaks. This was one ugly game. However, licking my wounds I need to now travel to Denver to take on Tim and the Broncos D *(they are 0-4 this season).
    Last edited by jaymo76; 12-05-2011 at 11:02 PM.

After that Pittsburgh attrocity I have followed it up by losing in ugly, ugly fashion to the Broncos. I was 2-2 at that point and then I lost Huff (SS) and Devine (HB) for most of the season. After changing up my gameplanning I came up with a winning combo of pass early and run late. I have now won 6 games in a row and at 8-2, first in the AFC West and second only to Pittsburgh 9-1 in the NFL. However, the inury bug has bit me. Moore (HB) is out for five weeks. I bring in Forsett (HB)and boom three plays and gone for the season. Then, I bring in Slaton (HB) and he is gone for five weeks so I IR him. I have now picked up Westbrook (HB) AND I REALLY HOPE HE CAN LAST THE SEASON. Last game against the Pats I lost McFADDEN and Slaton in the first quarter and had to use my two FB's the entire game.

Right now though, the big story... Houston (RE) and Hardaway (DT and #3 overall pick) have 15 sacks each!!! My DL has destroyed opposing QB's. So far they have ended the season for Carson Palmer *still with Cincy*, Brady, Freeman, the SD backup, the KC backup, and the KC third stringer. They are the best DL I have ever played with in any football game ever!!!

After a big win at KC I am now sitting at 12-2 with a TEN GAME WINNING STREAK. I just wrapped up the division and am in 2nd in the conference behind Pittsburgh. That big loss early in the year may hurt me in the playoffs. I have Denver and Cleveland left to wrap up the season. I am tempted to rest my starters... BUT... McFadden is close to the 2000 mark and in the running for Offensive MVP and several of my players are up for awards and/or leading in pro bowl votes.

Picking up Westbrook has been huge. The guy still has it... over 160 yards rushing in two games... impressive! My team is pretty healthy again... let's hope it can stay that way.

A last second FG in Cleveland gave me a 23-21 win and clinched the AFC crown as Pittsburgh blew it in their last two games. I finish the season with a 14-2 mark... a Madden best for me since Madden 09. I have homefiled throughout the playoffs. However... THE LAST SERIES OF PLAYS I WAS GOING TO PLAY MCFADDEN.... boom... broken sternum and done for the season.

Now I will be facing a good KC team that has given me trouble all year. Yes I beat them twice but McFadden was the main reason. I picked up Leon Washington to help fill the void. We will see what happens...

I am really enjoying reading this. Makes me wanna jump on the sticks and play my franchise.

Haven't written in a few days but I made it all the way. In the wild cards I plated KC and pulled out a super tough 16-6 victory. I sealed the win with a pick six in the fourth Q. In the conference final I had my rematch with Pittsburgh... I was all over Rothlisberger and in the end I pulled out a 24-17 victory. I was up 10-0 at the half but Pittsburgh ran out of downs at my 32 yard line... So I am off to the superbowl.

My Raiders travel to New Orleans to take on the... wait for it.... Rams... yup the Rams. They were the #1 seed in the NFC and beat PHILLY AND ATL to get to the big game. So we have a battle of the former L.A. teams. I figured this would be a tough game... BUT... the Super Bowl reverted back to it's olf title... the SUPER BORE!!! To make a long story short, my Raiders won 66-7! At the half I was up 45-0. Heck after the first quarter I was up 28-0. The entire game the Rams mustered up 120+ yards. My offensive production topped 662 yards. My MVP (RB, Moore) had 261 yards on 29 carries and THREE TD's. He was my third stringer but McFadden and Devine were both out for the season. This victory is my largest ever victory in the madden series. It was complete domination.

Before the game I already decided to let Jason Cambpell go. My first priority in the draft will be at QB.

You know, in all honesty, Madden is a very solid game. It's just unfortunate that the commentary is awful, and that their is no real immersion. I will say however thoiugh that the Super Bowl ceremony is pretty sweet.

So I decided to let pretty much all of my free agents go (I didn't have a lot). Also, I chose not to bring in any free agents as the prices were too high for the quailty and age. I used my draft picks to bolster my roster. This strategy has also really helped with my cap issues. For my first round pick I took a QB. He comes in at 71 but his potential is an A. Depending on the preseason I might make him the starter as I am not sold on Pryor. Actually I took three QB's in the draft this year. I also hit the jackpot with my strong safety in the fifth round.

Heading into the preseason my team looks good. The only areas of concern are QB's and WR's as there is not a lot of depth/experience. Also, I am going to move around some of my players. I have THREE A POTENTIAL MLB's... I will move two to the outside to spread around the overall depth.

I haven't played this game in a long time but I will probably try to get another season in in the next month or two. Anyone still playing?

Finally got around to playing Madden again... after all of this talk about Madden lately I just felt the need. As I was playing a pre-season match versus Washington I thought to myself that this game just plays better, especially the passing. Now if 13 can bring back the immersion... and I think maybe they can... the next Madden may be a "great" offering.