Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Madden NFL 12 Impressions, Q&A

• Facebook
  • Display
    I'm pretty sure it gives the information on the disc, too. I wouldn't bet on it since I haven't used my PS3 in forever, but I think I remember being able to check the size on the disc. If not, it's probably right around 6GB anyway. That's what the past several Maddens have come in around.

I'd like to know if the CPU tries to get the ball to great WRs like Fitzgerald in M12. I don't see any effort to do this in NCAA 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I'd like to know if the CPU tries to get the ball to great WRs like Fitzgerald in M12. I don't see any effort to do this in NCAA 12.
    I hope so. CPU QB just throws to the WR who is the quickest open. I think with the "Go-to-Guy" Player Role it might force CPU QB to throw towards the great WRs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I agree, but to be fair in NCAA 12 I have a hell of a time getting the ball to my number 1

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I agree, but to be fair in NCAA 12 I have a hell of a time getting the ball to my number 1
    That's always been a bit of a problem. Passes to TE and slot WR are easier since outside routes are risky. I find you can pass a little sooner in Madden but we still need a route based passing button to make it easier.

they better get rid of that fast QB drop back and..

strategy pad = no peace

The fast QB drop back may be due to the removal of auto drop back. Plus the game plays differently than online. Hard to explain but it does

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I'm pretty sure it gives the information on the disc, too. I wouldn't bet on it since I haven't used my PS3 in forever, but I think I remember being able to check the size on the disc.
    I sanity checked last night with a disc in my PS3, before I posted, and the "Information" screen didn't give anything about size.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Yeah we have the retail copies. And not sure how big the file size is on the disc on the PS3 side.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I sanity checked last night with a disc in my PS3, before I posted, and the "Information" screen didn't give anything about size.
    Yeah you can't I checked as well. Think that is only for downloaded games If I'm not mistaken

Recruit
    Can't wait for Friday night!

The games are both around 4.7 or 4.8 GB as announced by EA. I think it's posted somewhere else here now as well.

Seems really small. I wonder if they removed certain things to make it smaller.

Good find Rudy. I'm also a little surpirsed that the file isn't bigger... not complaining though. My only complaint... I can't download it until SUNDAY around noon...

Here are the official numbers per a traditional football tweet:

https://www.facebook.com/traditionsp...50259295756783

PS3 - 4.87 GB
    360 - 4.72 GB

Hey guys... we've put together a new section as a Q&A section for the upcoming Madden release. We still cannot answer any questions until 8/26, but wanted to let you guys start putting questions out there for us. Be sure to read the "This section" sticky thread for the new approach we're trying out with this section.

Certainly let us know any feedback on what you think of the new format for this new section both leading up to and after 8/26.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...12-Pre-Release

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Hey guys... we've put together a new section as a Q&A section for the upcoming Madden release. We still cannot answer any questions until 8/26, but wanted to let you guys start putting questions out there for us. Be sure to read the "This section" sticky thread for the new approach we're trying out with this section.

Certainly let us know any feedback on what you think of the new format for this new section both leading up to and after 8/26.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...12-Pre-Release
    I can already tell I'm going to love this new setup. It was impossible to find out stuff in the NCAA Q&A forums, because you had random conversations going on, if you stepped away from the computer for a couple hours, you'd come back to 20 pages of new posts to read through. This should make things much nicer and easier to get info on specific things.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I can already tell I'm going to love this new setup. It was impossible to find out stuff in the NCAA Q&A forums, because you had random conversations going on, if you stepped away from the computer for a couple hours, you'd come back to 20 pages of new posts to read through. This should make things much nicer and easier to get info on specific things.

With M12's launch just a few days away, I really don't want to get too much info. Besides, I resently got NC12, and it's a challenge! I'll just keep perfecting my NC12 game, get the M12 info from the "tailgate" on Friday and pick it up midniteTuesday morning...I love this time of year!

Man, Madden is getting ripped pretty good in a lot of the reviews.... that is really surprising