• Negative

5 21.74%
  • Hate it

0 0%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions & Feedback Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Wished that the camera wouldn't stuck after fumbles and interceptions. Really dislike this feature for years. In real life nobody pause the game after a fumble...

Grass looks great, new kicking mode sucks. Kicking the ball feels like kicking a soccer ball after a foul. New precision kicking doesn't really work - it's hard to follow the arrow.

---
    - Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

I'm enjoying the Madden 12 demo. It feels like a step forward. The presentation is well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Webster View Post
    Wished that the camera wouldn't stuck after fumbles and interceptions. Really dislike this feature for years. In real life nobody pause the game after a fumble...

Grass looks great, new kicking mode sucks. Kicking the ball feels like kicking a soccer ball after a foul. New precision kicking doesn't really work - it's hard to follow the arrow.

---
    - Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk
    I gotta ask. Is "Alex Webster" a Cannibal Corpse reference?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Webster View Post
    You mean the brief delay after one or the other happens? If so I love that it is that way. I wish NCAA would adopt it. Can't tell you how many times I would get a user pick or pick in general only to hurdle or pitch the ball back because the camera flipped instantly afterward. Since there is a delay by the time you press or the camera has flipped and registered the tap as you doing so after you caught the pick

Yeah, Madden does the turnover camera perfectly.

Jesus. I'd say rocket catching is more effective in the Madden demo than it is on NCAA. I'm able to trigger the animation every single time, and unlike NCAA where the ball is sometimes jarred loose on a hit, I had no problem with Jennings holding on to the ball. Definitely disappointing.

Well I'm at half time in my first game and I have to say is wow.The game looks and feels almost like NCAA and Madden usually never comes close IMO.Running was fairly easy as well.Broke an 80 yard run with Forte.I love how the new presentation is looking so far. It will be a fun year of Madden I must.I just hope I'm not disappointed with the full build of franchise mode and super star mode.

I love the pass blocking. It is such a relief to not have to worry about one of my guards giving up his block and just letting a DT get a free shot at me every other play. I'm about half afraid to ask, but I notice that the strategy pad is the only option in the demo. Is the regular way going to be in the retail version?

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Gameplay wise, what exactly do you find wrong with the demo, Whammer?
    I like the feel of NCAA better. I feel the camera angle makes you feel much closer to the action. With Madden I felt so far away that there is a bit of a disconnect.
    I liked the look/design of the playbooks in NCAA better as well, they looked cleaner.

Team entrances I don't consider a big deal, everyone's going to skip through them after a few games. Additions like that are a nice touch but not something that deserves to be hyped like the developers have been doing.

I'm sure many of you will enjoy the game. But for me, considering where we are in next gen, Madden should be show much farther along. At this point I'm really not willing to cut them any slack, they've had too long and too many do-overs.

I'm about half afraid to ask, but I notice that the strategy pad is the only option in the demo. Is the regular way going to be in the retail version?
    No from what I've heard and read you will be able to do like last year which I prefer now over the way it is in NCAA

I love the pass blocking. It is such a relief to not have to worry about one of my guards giving up his block and just letting a DT get a free shot at me every other play. I'm about half afraid to ask, but I notice that the strategy pad is the only option in the demo. Is the regular way going to be in the retail version?
    In the options I think you can change it to the old methodology. I changed it late in the game but never bothered to check and see if it worked.

The new GameFlow is pretty sharp in terms of visual presentation, I'll give it that.

Only played one game; beat the Bears 20-3 but it was on Pro difficulty. Presentation seems pretty sharp; I'm anxious to put some more time into it on a higher difficulty.

Whatever chance I gave the strategy pad in Madden 11 is over for Madden 12. I'm done with it.

I didn't bother to watch any of the in-demo videos, but there is an in-game sweepstakes:

If a player uses an audible to score a touchdown, he or she will receive a special code. The code must be entered on the Madden NFL 12 Facebook fan page for a chance to win a 2011 Chevy Cruze.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I didn't bother to watch any of the in-demo videos, but there is an in-game sweepstakes:
    That's pretty damn cool.

I dont know how much they listen to the community, but "The Strategy Pad" sucks!!!
    Please bring back triggers to adjust D-Line, LB, and "Y" Button to adjust secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by Details View Post
    Whatever chance I gave the strategy pad in Madden 11 is over for Madden 12. I'm done with it.
    This!!!! +1

This ruined the game for me. I hate it

I'm in love with this demo. I'm able to make touch passes over the middle right between the MLB and in front of the safety, which is how it SHOULD be and it feels so right being able to do so. I've had to limit so much of my offense on NCAA because of the stupid low trajectory, and it's like I'm in Heaven now.

I just lofted a beautiful pass on a post route right over top of the MLB and in front of the safety for a 40 yard TD - something that would have been tipped on NCAA.

Ah yes I'm experiencing the same IOU. I feel like the field isn't shrunk and that I can make all the throws.

Some are tipped that I just try to fit in but now all of them. Player control seems to be much tighter than NCAA as well. I feel in control of my player most if not at all times and that's very reassuring. In NCAA I feel out of control with player movement

Yep, there's a lot more user control over the player. I'm in awe as to how amazing the demo feels. I'm also digging the bigger ball icon. I missed several user catches on NCAA because the ball icon was so small and light I couldn't see it, and that isn't the case with Madden.